are toddlers free at Illusionarium?

E46M3

you mean pay $35 for nuggets and fries??!!:(

What you are paying for is dinner and a show. I get that a toddler won't get much out if it, but will take up a seat. Some of my kids got chicken nuggets, but were old enough to enjoy the dinner show (circ on the BA).

Not knowing the age of the "child/toddler" that the OP mentions, I am not understanding why someone would want to bring a toddler to the show in the first place. The adult won't be able to enjoy the show if the child acts up. Other guests would be inconvenienced by the potential outbursts, etc.

Disclaimer: I am not a parent and I don't tolerate children that are misbehaving in public venues (or not properly supervised by their parent/guardian).

Not knowing the age of the "child/toddler" that the OP mentions, I am not understanding why someone would want to bring a toddler to the show in the first place. The adult won't be able to enjoy the show if the child acts up. Other guests would be inconvenienced by the potential outbursts, etc.

Disclaimer: I am not a parent and I don't tolerate children that are misbehaving in public venues (or not properly supervised by their parent/guardian).

she'll be a little over 3y3m by the time of the cruise. We're not one of those parents who let their kids act up in a movie theater and do nothing about it. In fact, we don't even take her to the movies yet. But in this case, we have no choice as we really want to see the show. If she acts up, we will take her out ASAP. So take it easy with the lecture.

Edited by E46M3

I'm getting conflicting answers. I just called NCL and they said Illusionarium does not have a kid's menu. But I did a search here and saw other posters said there is a free kid's menu. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

The Illusionarium likely is not considered a specialty eatery because it's dinner AND a show, so likely no free child's menu.

From an old post, I see the "toddler" is 3.

Just wondering how you don't tolerate children that are misbehavin g in public?

I was wondering about that comment also. I hope they respond. As an adult sometimes all you can do is remove yourself from a situation. Yelling at parents won't help and yelling at a kid is 100% unacceptable.

Having seen the show...last year I don't think a 3YO would get it or enjoy it. My Kids where 10 and 12 and they loved it I saw kids around 6 enjoying it but 3? no.

Its not cheap and since you sounds like a responsible parent and would leave the show if your child started fuss you might end up missing it also. That's a lot to spend to maybe get to see it.

Since they work the whole room they do ask that you stay seated during

the show they are going on and off the stage with equipment and items. There is loud noise during some of it. Its not really great for toddlers.

I am wondering that too.

No one enjoys seeing a toddler throwing a temper tantrum or a baby crying but compassion is always helpful. Most parents are just trying to get thru the situation too. Having adults "not tolerate" that kids exist and are not robots does not help any situation.

I am wondering that too.

No one enjoys seeing a toddler throwing a temper tantrum or a baby crying but compassion is always helpful. Most parents are just trying to get thru the situation too. Having adults "not tolerate" that kids exist and are not robots does not help any situation.

I think compassion is variable depending on the situation. Even if a child is less than perfect during a normal meal, that's one thing. In the case of the Illusionarium show, I'd be less compassionate as the show will require close attention to get the gist of it, and that's what we paid to see. During the show, if a young child starts to get squirmy and vocal, that's distracting.

What is ALWAYS seen is the I'm "responsible" parent proclamations, "I would "never" etc etc" which many times are NOT reality based, but certainly sound good.

Add to the mix, the reluctance to perhaps leave this event because it cost at least $70, with always- disruptiveness at least several minutes anyway.

GENERAL comments only.

Edited by Budget Queen

Family should do a couple of practice runs at home. Try an 8:00pm movie on Saturday evening or a dinner show if you can find something close to home.

Also consider going to the show separately. You one night and hubby another evening while the other has dinner with the kids. I know its not the best scenario but it might help Avoid losing $70 if one of you has to leave the show early.

thanks for all the comments. I think we might have to watch the show separately so one of us can watch after our DD. But we'll definitely give splash academy a try. But since she's not in preschool yet, she's not that independent so I'm not keeping hopes up..

BTW, I started this thread because I wasn't sure if I should book in advance. But sounds like I shouldn't in case we need to split up. Does this show get fully booked pretty early or can we play by ear?

Edited by E46M3

what would that be? splash academy?

Is this an option? If so, then you don't have to pay $35 (is there a charge?). You don't have to worry about your child being scared by loud noises. It also sounds like it is difficult to get up if you do want to leave and you would both get to enjoy the show. Sounds like a great solution for you, your child and the rest of the audience.

I think compassion is variable depending on the situation. Even if a child is less than perfect during a normal meal, that's one thing. In the case of the Illusionarium show, I'd be less compassionate as the show will require close attention to get the gist of it, and that's what we paid to see. During the show, if a young child starts to get squirmy and vocal, that's distracting.

How exactly would you be less compassionate?

If at a show like Burn the Floor, you really don't miss much if there is a disruption. The Illusionarium show is far more concentration and a quick look and whammy, you lost the illusion.

So, how are you less compassionate when you lost this illusion?