26 days to go... MDR Favorites and GO

momof4_tn

We debark in 26 days on Freedom of the Seas. I'm super bored. I've read all the reviews I can find. So, I thought I'd see if we could get a decent thread/conversation going. We are doing a cruise in October and February. Since these two are so close, I want to try some new dishes in the MDR.

We all have our favorites, and for me I stick to what I know I enjoy. So, here's you chance to share your favorites for me and any others who are interested.

What are your Top 2 Appetizers?

And Top 2 Entrees ?

Dining can be so subjective. But here are my favorites from the MDR on our last cruise:

APPETIZERS: Vidalia Onion Tart

LUNCH: Tutti Salad and Bread Bar (only on Sea Days)

MAIN COURSE: Rosemary Lamb Shank, Grilled Veal T-Bone

DESSERT: Key Lime Pie

We debark in 26 days on Freedom of the Seas. I'm super bored. I've read all the reviews I can find. So, I thought I'd see if we could get a decent thread/conversation going. We are doing a cruise in October and February. Since these two are so close, I want to try some new dishes in the MDR.

We all have our favorites, and for me I stick to what I know I enjoy. So, here's you chance to share your favorites for me and any others who are interested.

What are your Top 2 Appetizers?

And Top 2 Entrees ?

One correction here - you're embarking in 26 days. You debark (or disembark) when you leave the ship.

Now onto my favorites

Top 2 Appetizers:

Toasted Farro and Lamb Broth

Hot Harira Soup

Top 2 Entrees:

Carved Filet of Beef Tenderloin

Chicken Marsala

Top 2 Desserts:

Key Lime Pie

Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding

Dining can be so subjective. But here are my favorites from the MDR on our last cruise:

APPETIZERS: Vidalia Onion Tart

LUNCH: Tutti Salad and Bread Bar (only on Sea Days)

MAIN COURSE: Rosemary Lamb Shank, Grilled Veal T-Bone

DESSERT: Key Lime Pie

The vidaila onion tart was a favorite of mine also, but the last time I had it was in 2013 an it has since been removed from the menu.

OMG..they are my LEAST favorites! Ick!

Something about your comment gives me pleasure...

My son had the créme brûlée and the filling was not set up. He was very disappointed!

I had it twice on our last cruise. First time was perfect (other than too much for me) the second time, it wasn't set right and the sugar didn't get a brûlée...

Favorites include:

Chilled Soups (most of them)

Rosemary Lamb Shank

Bread & Butter Pudding

On previous cruises, I tended to go for what I knew (or thought would be safe). This coming November, my goal is to try new foods. I hope this thread gives me some ideas of things to try. :)

Rosemary Lamb Shank to me is the very best meal of the week. I also really enjoy the duck. Love my shrimp cocktail, escargot, chilled fruit soups, bread etc. I try and order entrees I dont normally get on land. Key lime pie for dessert.

Everything Ive tried has generally been very satisfying. The lasagna bolognese was one of the worst meals Ive had on land or sea though. Not a fan. :o They GLADLY brought me something else. Thats what I love about cruise dining :)

Edited by ryano