Cruise packing list for guys?

KatieBug28

Hello all!

Wondering if anyone has a link to a great cruise packing list specifically for guys. My cute dad is coming on his first cruise with us, and seems a little worried about what to pack. (His only previous cruise was a Nile river cruise where everyone wore cargo pants and quick-dry travel shirts, so this is new for him.) I gave him the list I usually use for DH, but I think having some outside confirmation would help him out. I've seen a few on Pinterest, but none that seemed totally amazing or anything. So I thought I'd ask here. If that's the best there is, no worries!

Going on Carnival Miracle to Mexican Riviera, just for context. So no super formal wear needed, maybe just a suit or slacks, shirt and tie. Seems to have become super casual lately.

Easy. We've taken this cruise many times. Going on the Miracle in October and November.

DH's packing list.

-7 short sleeve shirts- a mix of polo, Hawaiian and Guayabera (Mexican wedding shirt, like a bowling shirt)

-two pair Dockers

-maybe a pair of shorts

-walking shoes. Dark colored leather. Maybe a pair of sandals

-maybe a windbreaker (he's rarely cold)

-underwear

-toiletries

The above includes what he wears at embark and debark. For Cruise Elegant night he wears his nicest buttoned shirt and pants.

For CE night men wear everything from full suits to sports coats to long sleeves and ties to what DH wears. He is on the lower end of the dress scale but is perfectly acceptable.

FWIW the Miracle has laundry rooms available for passenger use. Also a $15-$20 bag special midway thru the cruise. Only send out sturdy clothes

Edited by SadieN

Janie (at Vivienne Files) is finally doing a couple of capsules for men :D

This first is for cool weather, so won't be helpful for a Caribbean cruise, but hopefully she'll do more & include something that might be appropriate. We're hoping to head to London in late November or early December to celebrate our anniversary, so this could be helpful for me:D

http://www.theviviennefiles.com/2015/09/whatevers-clean-13-for-men-cool-colors.html

Hi! Here is what I pack for my son and husband for a short cruise:

1-2 Formal Shirt(s), two ties, Suit

2-3 Casual long sleeve shirts

2 pair trousers

2 Polo shirts

3 T-shirts

1 Sweater

Underwear

Shoes: Dress shoes, casual shoes or trainers, sandals/flip flops

Swimwear, shorts.

Toiletries

Sunglasses, hat

Cheers.

My husband's packing list:

Undies and under shirts for each day.

Long sleeve sunscreened shirts-5

Collared long sleeve shirts that can be worn with or without a tie-5

2 ties

3 pairs of jeans

3 pairs of docker style pants

1 pair of loafers, 1 pair dress shoes

Tux

1 bathing suit

Hat

Toiletry Kit:

razor

shaving cream

deodorant

comb

toothbrush

sunscreen

DH stays out of the sun so bathing suit is seldom used.

We use a common first aid kit and other might needs.

This is off the top of my head. But I think it is pretty complete.

We drive to port so we don't need to pack lightly.

3 prs jeans AND 3 prs dockers for a week long Caribbean trip? Wow. Must have a cold inner thermometer? That's way more pants (and we'd never take jeans to the Caribbean) than I'd bring....

DH wears jeans all year round. He never wears shorts. Am looking for lightweigt, cargo style pants. But it is difficult to find as he wears W38, L35.

Not sure if I saw belts on the lists so if not be sure to add those.

Yes, definitely a belt. He wouldn't leave the cabin without one.

And if he is like me plenty of workout clothes.

Keith

No work out clothes.

DH wears jeans all year round. He never wears shorts. Am looking for lightweigt, cargo style pants. But it is difficult to find as he wears W38, L35.

No work out clothes.

Look at Sierra Trading Post. They have a 30% coupon right now. I can get DS w38 l36 there & it doesn't break the bank! Columbia Outlets too, but they're more iffy. Another option is a police supply store, you'll pay more, but they'll wear like iron & be comfortable

Look at Sierra Trading Post. They have a 30% coupon right now. I can get DS w38 l36 there & it doesn't break the bank! Columbia Outlets too, but they're more iffy. Another option is a police supply store, you'll pay more, but they'll wear like iron & be comfortable

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

I did check it out and ordered 2 pairs of cargo style for DH. I got the 36L so he should be good to go.

Thank you for the info. Don't you just love this board. You and so many other helpful posters.

I did check it out and ordered 2 pairs of cargo style for DH. I got the 36L so he should be good to go.

Thank you for the info. Don't you just love this board. You and so many other helpful posters.

I found STP from someone else on this board [emoji6]. It's now my go to place. DS loves the pants as they're very comfortable & still look nice. DH loves them because they have a SPF50 built in. Glad it worked for you.

1 suit

2 ties

2 suit shirts

2 button down shirts

3 polos

jeans

khakis

2 swim trunks

7 tshirts

3 pair shorts

dress socks

underwear

loafers

docksiders

sandals

cap

toothbrush/toothpaste

shampoo

shaver

cologne

lotion

brush/comb

sunblock

sunglasses

books

I have been ordering from STP for years - love them! And it's not just outdoor/adventure clothing either - they have lovely dressier clothing & shoes as well! These days I usually add things to my shopping cart if I see something that catches my eye and then see what is still available when they post a 40% coupon on their facebook page;)

My hubby takes the following:

1 suit

2 dress shirts

2 ties

2 pairs of khakis

5 polo/tropical shirts (combination)

3 pairs of shorts

7 t-shirts (for wear over shorts)

1 sleep shirt

7 pairs of undies

socks

flip flops

dress shoes

hat

exercise outfit (washable in sink)

swim suit

tablet, chargers, toiletries

We pack light. When your only cars are two seaters, there are no such thing as big suitcases!

And today Janice does warm weather/cool colors

This is the 13 piece wardrobe and then she shows mix & match outfit options too.

Slide21.JPG

(saving this as we are headed to SE Asia next November for a cruise and we typically do cool weather trips - I'll need to reconfigure our packing lists:p)