Oh no....please don't Azamara

midwestchick

There is a poll on a social media site about including land discoveries. I voted no. I, for one, prefer to do my own thing, whether it be booking private, or just DIY. I have booked some land excursions through ACC, but after our fiasco last year, I won't do it again.

It was not our first bad experience, but it was most certainly our last.

Little Britian....maybe it's time for another one of your polls. ;)

I don't like river cruises because you pay for those "included" tours, and I find Regent fares too high for presumably the same reason. I enjoy and am fully capable of planning my own shore excursions and don't want to pay someone else to plan that for me.....

There a poll on here under AZ asks.. Been for days. Most people do not look there but here. Bonnie sticks them there up instead if here.

I saw the poll there asking which type of tour you've taken, but didn't see one about whether or not Land Discoveries should be included. Could you copy the link for that one?

I saw the poll there asking which type of tour you've taken, but didn't see one about whether or not Land Discoveries should be included. Could you copy the link for that one?

no, that is not there at all. that rumor not come back to me either.. i never want hem included as the price of cruise would go up. I tried regent and was still getting my own tours. if this cruiseline did that i would not be happy at all. sorry as the OP could not say where or what she saw... maybe the UK people who were just on the ship heard a rumor or two.

no, that is not there at all. that rumor not come back to me either.. i never want hem included as the price of cruise would go up. I tried regent and was still getting my own tours. if this cruiseline did that i would not be happy at all. sorry as the OP could not say where or what she saw... maybe the UK people who were just on the ship heard a rumor or two.

I did say I saw a poll on "social media"...I am not allowed, due to CC rules, to post where I saw it. Azamara Club Cruises has it posted.

If you're on that specific social media site, you may want to search it out and you'll find it.

I did vote on Azamara asks and also voiced my opinion. One thing I don't like to do is complain after the fact, but I stated my feelings about land discoveries. We would not be able to cruise with ACC either, if they add land discoveries to the cruise fare.

No heard nothing but we did notice drop in number of provided shuttles and a strong push to book the land discoveries "on your own transfers". This was coupled with misinformation ie it's very difficult to get to town when it was very easy local bus every 10 mins complete with onboard wifi.

This did Azamara brand no favours in our view and we fed back on this. I don't blame the individual, I think she was told to say this.

Hi Everyone,

As we generally do not do shore excursions, add me to the list with a resounding NO ! As others have mentioned, when more items are added, it generally bumps up the price.

One of the beauties of cruising, is allowing you to design the cruise vacation that works best for you. Let's keep it that way.

Absolutely NO to included shore excursions. We would much prefer to book our own private tours and go where WE want and spend as much time in the places WE choose. The price of the cruise would certainly go up and Azamara is already fast approaching cruiselines like Silversea and Seabourn in price.

Much as I do love Azamara, I would have a real problem with them if they started including excursions and hiked the price up.

Please do not do it Mr P!

Hi Everyone,

For your convenience, I've posted the same exact question, in a poll for Cruise Critic members. Please stop by, and place your vote : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2257844 .

Host Andy - that link appears to be invalid.

For the record, I am also a NO to included shore excursions

Here is another big NO to this concept on AZ. We like to pick-and-choose, DIY when we can, Trip Advisor when it makes sense, and purchase a cruise-sponsored excursion if it appeals. Being locked in and paying for it whether we want it or not is not a good deal.

If shore excursions are included the prices of the cruises will increase !!! Remember nothing is Free !! We say No to including them ,,

Agree 100%! There is no free lunch-ever. For those that do not prefer alcohol, they are already paying for something they do not prefer or use. Now adding excursions to that equation just further limits potential cruisers. Is Azamara trying to be a Regent wannabe? Lots of luck.