What is a Tutti salad?

Newby58

I know, We will be on the Independence Oct 18th and it's a rather heavy port itinerary with 4 stops. I did notice something on a cruise compas that someone was kind enough to post, that they actually have the Tutti Salad Bar" open on the day they are ported in Labadee, and they had the windjammer closed? I thought that was odd but on the other hand it would give me the chance to have that great salad bar one more time.

That is because they serve the beach BBQ on Labadee. Most of the crew members

that would normally be in the WJ are working on shore.

I'm sure I'm not imaging this but, on the EOS a couple of years ago, after I selected what I wanted and it was mixed and chopped, there were things that I could add afterwards like prosciutto and mozzarella balls. Recently, there were no "after market" items. I don't like my mozzarella balls chopped.:D

It's not chopped by an automatic machine. Just ask. I added eggplant after chopping because I didn't want it to be mush. They WILL add it after.

That is because they serve the beach BBQ on Labadee. Most of the crew members

that would normally be in the WJ are working on shore.

Yes I was thinking that it probably made sense for them to just staff the small salad buffet for the small minority of people who choose to stay on the ship to eat or re board to eat, which is what I will do. It makes good sense.

I don't know what make the Tutti Salad Bar so good, but I wish for added sea days just so I can have another one. They are wonderful, and I agree there is something about having it chopped that makes it special.

It is better chopped because chopping thoroughly mixes the ingredients, particularly the dressing. :)

They set it up in the middle of the room. Great choices and they chop it up real small using a thing like a pizza slicer

It IS a pizza cutter. :D

Edited by Merion_Mom

I have never tried the Tutti salad in the MDR. On our upcoming cruise I would like to try it, but I do not like eating lunch there.

So my question. Can I take it back to my cabin??

Why don't you like eating in the MDR?

You may take your salad anywhere you like.

:)

Yes I was thinking that it probably made sense for them to just staff the small salad buffet for the small minority of people who choose to stay on the ship to eat or re board to eat, which is what I will do. It makes good sense.

That is what we do also. Get off the ship while it is not too hot or crowded, walk the whole

area, then back to the ship for our favorite Tutti Salad Bar. :)

I'm sure I'm not imaging this but, on the EOS a couple of years ago, after I selected what I wanted and it was mixed and chopped, there were things that I could add afterwards like prosciutto and mozzarella balls. Recently, there were no "after market" items. I don't like my mozzarella balls chopped.:D

There definitely were things to add after. Tutti salad bar is my absolute favorite food on RCCL. I don't know why - maybe it's getting something exactly like I want it.

That is what we do also. Get off the ship while it is not too hot or crowded, walk the whole

area, then back to the ship for our favorite Tutti Salad Bar. :)

Tutti salad bar is in the MDR, which is only open on sea days. I'm hoping that you're staying ON the ship on sea days!

Ok--realized you meant at Labadee!! Got it!

Edited by denatravels

I don't see why not.

Why don't you like eating in the MDR?

We have ate there before at lunch and it just takes too long for us.

You may take your salad anywhere you like.

:)

Thank you. I will definitely try the Tutti salad this time.

Edited by retiredgram

It's not chopped by an automatic machine. Just ask. I added eggplant after chopping because I didn't want it to be mush. They WILL add it after.

Of course, I know that. I like to decide how much or how little of something extra I may want.

There definitely were things to add after. Tutti salad bar is my absolute favorite food on RCCL. I don't know why - maybe it's getting something exactly like I want it.

As with everything on RCCL, there is no consistency. Like I said, on one ship one time there were things to add after, like at a salad bar, and on another ship two times there was not.

So glad I read through this post, as I was going to skip it thinking a tutti salad was some sort of fruit salad. But it sounds just up my alley. I don't know how I've never heard of this before, but will definitely be trying in April on Freedom. Thanks for the info.