Everything.. Norwegian JOY! Delivery spring 2017

FreestyleNovice

For those interested to see how an fully Asian market aimed and improved Breakaway class will look like (expect a lot of gold and red, karaoke and a loud crowd, launching fall 2017 :D), follow the build of Star Cruises' Genting World:

Everything.. Genting World

Not sure what " a lot" is. This was our cabin in the Haven on the Epic! ;)

view.sfly?fid=243692ac5e9ab2e59a16dcf07a6807f9#1442443721269ry%3D400

ry%3D400

view.sfly?fid=243692ac5e9ab2e59a16dcf07a6807f9#1442443721269

That's just half ;)

Here's a good view on Bliss' ducktail/block plan:

bliss-steel-cutting.jpg

Every colored block represents a block which will be welded together from walls, floors and ceilings which come from another building hall. The completed blocks will be hoisted and placed on to ship to form a megablock.

It's a really impressive process to see, worth a visit if you're nearby!

Just a quick note on CC functionality...

If you are reading a thread and decide you want to follow it, atop the thread there is a drop-down menu called thread tools. From there, you can click to subscribe to the thread. It is not required that you reply to state that you are following. I know a lot of people don't know this, so I thought I'd point it out before we get 100 posts that simply say "Following."

End of public service message. Back to Bliss!

If you are reading a thread and decide you want to follow it, atop the thread there is a drop-down menu called thread tools. From there, you can click to subscribe to the thread. It is not required that you reply to state that you are following. I know a lot of people don't know this, so I thought I'd point it out before we get 100 posts that simply say "Following."

Thank you for the lesson. And I do know that. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the lesson. And I do know that. :rolleyes:

Congratulatons! Clearly my comment is directed towards those who didn't know. There was a point in time when I didn't know, so I thought maybe I could help others out. Thanks for your comment though.

Edited by LrgPizza

Older news but since it belongs here: Bliss will also have an hull air bubble system.

"..produces a thin layer of micro bubbles that creates a single 'air carpet' along the hull of the vessel. This reduces the frictional resistance between the water and hull and improves the vessel's operational efficiency, reducing fuel consumption and associated emissions."

http://www.marinelog.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8844:norwegian-bliss-to-have-hull-air-lubrication&Itemid=231

video21.gif

Older news but since it belongs here: Bliss will also have an hull air bubble system.

"..produces a thin layer of micro bubbles that creates a single 'air carpet' along the hull of the vessel. This reduces the frictional resistance between the water and hull and improves the vessel's operational efficiency, reducing fuel consumption and associated emissions."

Very cool!

I think it's very probable that Bliss will end up in China but I am thinking of series of cruises in Europe first before she goes there - purely because I need to have a ship to sail on in Europe in 2017 and she would fit in very well with my plans!:D

Could this be a clue as to where she will be deployed ?

Not particularly. But, while we're on the subject, NCL has expressed some interest in brining a new ship to the west coast market. Although Breakaway can theoretically transit the Panama Canal through the new locks by lowering her lifeboats and folding her davits, that would be an awful, grueling, time-consuming process. A new west coast ship would likely have inboard lifeboats to facilitate easier canal transits.

Basically, if you see inboard lifeboats on a future Breakaway + Class, it's probably heading to Alaska and the Mexican Riviera.

Edited by barnacle_boy

I think it's very probable that Bliss will end up in China but I am thinking of series of cruises in Europe first before she goes there - purely because I need to have a ship to sail on in Europe in 2017 and she would fit in very well with my plans!:D

I concur with this! Bliss in Europe for summer 2017 would suit me perfectly - I would be onboard in a heartbeat! I posted a question about the likely timing of the release of summer 2017 cruises and December this year was mentioned but I presume bliss wouldn't be released until a bit later?

Not particularly. But, while we're on the subject, NCL has expressed some interest in brining a new ship to the west coast market. Although Breakaway can theoretically transit the Panama Canal through the new locks by lowering her lifeboats and folding her davits, that would be an awful, grueling, time-consuming process. A new west coast ship would likely have inboard lifeboats to facilitate easier canal transits.

Basically, if you see inboard lifeboats on a future Breakaway + Class, it's probably heading to Alaska and the Mexican Riviera.

Nice info! What about height?

Nice info! What about height?

The only bridge on the west coast that I can think of is San Francisco's Golden Gate, but it wouldn't be an issue. Breakaway's air draft is 179 ft., and while I don't know the exact measurement for Escape, the bridge has a clearance of 220 ft. Plenty of room, even with the extra decks.

The only bridge on the west coast that I can think of is San Francisco's Golden Gate, but it wouldn't be an issue. Breakaway's air draft is 179 ft., and while I don't know the exact measurement for Escape, the bridge has a clearance of 220 ft. Plenty of room, even with the extra decks.

How about the bridge in Vancouver, BC? Think it is called Lion's Gate Bridge.

I'd love to see a bigger Norwegian ship on the West Coast :)

Lion's Gate would be more of an issue. I assume Alaskan cruises would depart from Seattle.

I could live happily with round trip Seattle cruise on a big NCL ship :)

We can drive to Seattle in under four hours and park across the street from the pier.

Many thanks for the information. I for one didn't know, its saved me lots of searching.

Denise

Edited by deniseatnycs

I expect NCl to hold off announcing any deployment for the Bliss until February 2016 or later to allow the Escape to be their shiny new star for a while. I would expect Bliss to be one of the first deployments announced for 2017-18, even if only her summer season at first. NCL may want to see how sales performance for Asia is before committing their new baby to the market. I also think the average booking window for the Asia based clientele is much closer in (average of 2-5 months from what I've heard) than North American or European booking patterns, so not the urgency to announce as early if that's where they plan on sending her.

Best block plan pic;

2445low.png

The duck tail, different bridge deck (and deck 17 and 18 Haven suites?) are new and the Spice H2O area also seem different compared to Escape?

Ingrid Fiebak has some great photo's of the steel cutting, seems she's everywhere lol;

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=2664&page=1

I expect NCl to hold off announcing any deployment for the Bliss until February 2016 or later to allow the Escape to be their shiny new star for a while. I would expect Bliss to be one of the first deployments announced for 2017-18, even if only her summer season at first. NCL may want to see how sales performance for Asia is before committing their new baby to the market. I also think the average booking window for the Asia based clientele is much closer in (average of 2-5 months from what I've heard) than North American or European booking patterns, so not the urgency to announce as early if that's where they plan on sending her.

I think that they are going to announce it sooner than February. Maybe November or December (when they typically announce the deployment for the 2017 - 2018 season).

Keep in mind the cruise wave season (January - March) when most the cruise booking occur.