Verifying Eclipse Formal nights

pbrady

We are going on the 14 night in March. Though we have does this 5 times, we just aren't sure. The cruise is Sunday to Sunday, 2 weeks. If I remember right, the 3 formal nights are:

#1 Monday night - first at sea day

#2 The night we are in Barbados - Sunday - Day 8

#3 Friday night - Day 13 - the day before the last night

I was thinking that the Barbados night may change because we are scheduled to be in port until Midnight. Not commenting on that because none of us like it, but it seems like it doesn't work with a formal night.

Thanks for any help!!

We are going on the 14 night in March. Though we have does this 5 times, we just aren't sure. The cruise is Sunday to Sunday, 2 weeks. If I remember right, the 3 formal nights are:

I was thinking that the Barbados night may change because we are scheduled to be in port until Midnight. Not commenting on that because none of us like it, but it seems like it doesn't work with a formal night.

Thanks for any help!!

I would seriously doubt they would have a formal night on a night you are in port until midnight. Although they often have formal nights on port days its usually when you get back on the ship at 4 or 5. The other two days seem about right as that has been Celebrity's pattern. What I would suggest you do is check the months before for a similar cruise with the ship and ask on that roll call after they have sailed.

Edited by dkjretired

Does it really matter? Just wondering because this question comes up over and over and over. The first formal night is almost always on the first sea day and the last one on the next to last night if it is a sea day. The day in the middle exactly that except usually a sea day or a port day when the ship leaves early.

Do you pack differently for a formal night on Day #7 versus day #8 or #9? Just a question raised by my DW when I read her this post.

Does it really matter? Just wondering because this question comes up over and over and over. The first formal night is almost always on the first sea day and the last one on the next to last night if it is a sea day. The day in the middle exactly that except usually a sea day or a port day when the ship leaves early.

Do you pack differently for a formal night on Day #7 versus day #8 or #9? Just a question raised by my DW when I read her this post.

Some of us like to book specialty restaurants on formal nights so we don't need to dress up.....

Since its upto the Captain and cruise director when the formal nights are they can change from cruise to cruise even when the itinerary is the same.

If the cruise you are on is one where the itinerary is repeated then you could ask the roll call for that cruise which nights were formal, then onboard once you find out you could switch the reservations. Since specialty restaurant discounts are usually available once onboard you may also be able to get a better deal unless you are buying a package beforehand :)

Celebrity very often holds formal nights on port days so saying they are on sea days is really incorrect.

People like to book specially restaurants on formal nights so they don't have to bring formal clothes so yes it does matter how they pack.

Go ahead and book what you think might be the formal nights so you can at least get something, and then even before you leave the terminal upon boarding, you will find tables about specialty dining. Or at least they'll be close to the entrance once you're on. If you make sure you're early enough on board and do this right away, you can make any changes based on the ACTUAL formal nights. They'll likely have plenty of spots at that early date.

We do the same thing - formal nights just seem more special in the specialties to us. My DH brings a beautiful sport coat and dress slacks and tie and looks to me, anyway, much nicer than some of the ones in tired tuxes. (not saying all tuxes are tired, but you know what I mean). Although we don't have to dress up, we do somewhat, because we're out and about the ship on formal night and like to at least *resemble* the formal ambiance.

Thanks for any help!!

One the assumption that you are on the Eclipse on 6th March the second formal night is more likely to the day 6, the sea day between Curacao and Barbados. We have had formal nights in Barbados as well over the years.