Where to meet for private group trip?

Faival

As we have not been on this ship before can anyone suggest a good place for 10 people to assemble prior to leaving the ship on a private group tour.

I would suggest the Martini Bar - it will be closed early in the morning.

When we have done private tours with others we prefer everyone meet off the ship with the guide. If you meet inside, and someone is late or a no show, our groups want to be ready and on time with the tour company's rep. Not risk having the tour start later.

I never felt it was the organizer's job to track down and gather people. And yes over the years, we have had a couple times when people didn't show and we left without them.:rolleyes:

When we have done private tours with others we prefer everyone meet off the ship with the guide. If you meet inside, and someone is late or a no show, our groups want to be ready and on time with the tour company's rep. Not risk having the tour start later.

I never felt it was the organizer's job to track down and gather people. And yes over the years, we have had a couple times when people didn't show and we left without them.:rolleyes:

I agree with this. Meeting off ship with the tour guide is the best. That way if someone doesn't show everyone else is where they are supposed to be and can leave at the designated time.

True about no shows. People on ships are adults, if they can't get themselves off the ship and to the start of the tour at the right time, by themselves, then too bad. I am not going to let others ruin my good day. And, we have seen a good many people not show over the years, so it isn't that unusual.

I think it depends on the group of people and would not say one way

is "the best" over another way.

I was on cruise in May 2012 to the Med and we had quite a few private

tours. We had all been chatting on the roll call and everyone agreed

to meet at Cafe Al Bacio and it worked out very well for all of us.:)

We walked off the ship together and our guides were waiting for us

outside. We had no issues (that I can remember....it has been 3

years;):eek:)

So I think it just depends on you and your group. Just my opinion.

Agree, I always say meet at Cafe Al Bacio, especially as there is a telephone just out in the corridor. I have rang a room number of a no show from there; they had just popped back to their cabin to grab alternative footwear. We waited for 2 minutes, no problem, and at least we knew where they were ;).

In the private tours I have formed, have always met on deck 5 at Cafe Al bacio, and have told the tour company that as a group we will meet them at the pre-arranged spot ashore.......if one meets as a group ashore, makes it difficult to call their room......and landmarks ashore can be confusing.....everyone should be able to figure out deck 5 and the coffee place,lol And its nice to take a latte ashore!!

Edited by flames9

You do absolutely need to let everyone know that if you are later than X time the tour will leave without you. Have twice had meeting point both on and off the ship - where people were no shows. The evening they said "sorry, we decided not to go". Must cover that situation.

Definitely meet off the ship, and tell everyone to make sure they are first off if it is St Petersburg. It is always a good idea to tell people that if they are late the tour goes without them.

If you wait for people you will get caught in a long line to go through customs in St Petersburg.

I would still say make sure you meet off the ship no matter where your tour is.