Cabanas Labadee available in cruise planner

cincicruisers

RC has put back in the cruise planner rental of cabanas at Nellies beach. $250 for standard, $320 for over the water cabanas. Price is higher than I thought based on reviews from people, quite a hit to my vacation budget.

I went ahead and reserved an over the water cabana in case the concierge can secure me one on barefoot beach. Now that they are available in the cruise planner they will be snapped up quickly.

Happy Sailing~

Thank you ....that's not too bad divided by 6 people. One more question please? What happens if it is pouring out? Can you cancel and get your money back or are you stuck with it.

Not sure, but if they handle it like other excursions, you have to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.

Are the cabana's in Labadee available for all sailings?

I still don't see it listed on our May sailing. The only shore excursion showing for Labadee is the Beach Bed.

Thanks

Yes, the cabanas are available for all salings, but it's possible that all sailings have not yet been integrated into the Pre-Cruise Planner.

Never been to Nellies, are the cabanas secluded from rest of beach? I ask because I can't figure out how they would restrict cabana to 6 guests. I know how it works in coco Cay and BB

They don't really restrict it, anyone could pop in for a visit!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Score! Just booked and paid for an over the water on Nellies but it says "onboard only"...what on earth does that mean?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Cabanas have been usually bookable only onboard - that might be the reason. We also booked succesfully one yesterday.

Is the upgraded buffet still an option for those of us who purchase a Cabana but are sadly not in the special class of cruisers that RCI seems to covet these days? Or are we destined to eat amongst the riff-raff at the normal buffet? :D

The upgraded buffet is not available to us mortals in the non-suite cabanas.

The upgraded buffet is not available to us mortals in the non-suite cabanas.

Guess I'll have to dine with the also-rans. Suppose we could get leftovers from the special buffet?

Gotta admit, last time we ate at the special buffet, the only special thing about it was the lack of crowds. I even spent some time slummin' in the regular buffet and didn't see what was so special about our upper class buffet.

Guess I'll have to dine with the also-rans. Suppose we could get leftovers from the special buffet?

Gotta admit, last time we ate at the special buffet, the only special thing about it was the lack of crowds. I even spent some time slummin' in the regular buffet and didn't see what was so special about our upper class buffet.

We were in one of the last groups in which they grandfathered the cabana renters into the Barefoot Beach buffet. Love that alliteration.

HOWEVER, several people have reported recently that their cabana attendant has been able to procure the special wrist bands and gotten their patrons into the special buffet. Probably just depends on your attendant and how crowded the upgraded buffet is. It never hurts to asks.

I've been to barefoot beach only, and they issue the six persons wrist bands. The same at cocoa cay.

Coco Cay is the only one that really controls it via wristbands. BB will give wristbands to non gold holders, but if you are a gold holder you can hang out with whomever. I'm guessing this is kind of what happens a Nellies

We were in one of the last groups in which they grandfathered the cabana renters into the Barefoot Beach buffet. Love that alliteration.

HOWEVER, several people have reported recently that their cabana attendant has been able to procure the special wrist bands and gotten their patrons into the special buffet. Probably just depends on your attendant and how crowded the upgraded buffet is. It never hurts to asks.

I found it funny that they took it away because we were just there in March and got the upgraded lunch. We also paid a lot less than they are charging us for the one we have this Nov. I also noticed that the one we have in Nov does not mention the water anymore.