Free at parking at Southampton or extra OBC

Whitechapel girl

Parking will be with CPS and you can obtain a quote by visiting their web site. Similarly you can get quotes from other parking companies and compare them all with P&O allowance. Another option is free parking at a hotel should you choose to overnight.

We have left our car at alternative venues in the past but do find it a bit of a drag at the end of the cruise going to retrieve it. If you can afford to take the parking option you will find it very efficient, you drive up to the terminal, they take your bags, you hand over your key and off you go (usually). Then when you disembark it's a short walk to collect your key and go to your car. We always self-disembark so we are off at 7.30 and never have to queue. I would recommend this option but everyone has their preference.

I've been offered £120 pp OBC and free car parking/coach or £165 pp OBC. Never having cruised from Southampton I have no idea re car parking. Your thoughts please.

The CPS parking is the best in terms of convenience; you drive up to the terminal, stop in the CPS queue at the terminal. The luggage guys take that and the CPS guy takes your car. You simply walk into terminal.

The problem I have found in the past with travel agent provided "free parking" is that it has been at a car park far side of water and they transport you round in a group using a mini-bus with your luggage to terminal both ways. This is not as good. What I think you need to do is clarify what exactly is the "free parking" you have been offered. This varies a lot; does not always use mini-buses, and the details are important when comparing cost/service to make a decision.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

On our Britannia cruise last July, we were offered OBC or free parking and opted for the former. Turned out to be a big mistake as CPS charged us £90 for 7 nights parking :eek:. In contrast I'm sailing on the Anthem next week and ABP are charging £5 more for 13 days. Take the free parking option.

We used CPS in July and it was a breeze. Two weeks parking cost £152. Other companies offer cheaper parking but are less convenient compared with CPS.

Parking4cruises do exactly the same service as CPS but they meet you in short stay car park across road from terminal and are excellent and a lot cheaper than CPS.

I've been offered £120 pp OBC and free car parking/coach or £165 pp OBC. Never having cruised from Southampton I have no idea re car parking. Your thoughts please.[/quote

It all depends on how long your cruise is for and make sure the OBC is per person and not per stateroom but if cruise is longer than a week I would go for £120 and free car parking. Just check on CPS website first how much they charge to park your car and then do the maths.

Coach every time now, so easy and stress free, load your cases on the coach next time you see them is onboard...plus you can have a great last night onboard [emoji482][emoji485][emoji483] no driving home..[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry but if I am paying for my car parking its Parking4cruises for me every time they are excellent they take photos of your car and record mileage something CPS dont do and is just as convenient and on return easier to get out of short stay car park than CPS car park.

Edited by majortom10