S&S Card revamped?

CRJ700

The hissy fit the the lady threw on John Heald's Facebook page about her Sign and Sail card not being platinum enough got me wondering if the cards have been updated with different artwork. Can anyone that has cruised in the past couple of weeks tell us if the cards are different than they were in Feb?

Edited by CRJ700

The hissy fit the the lady threw on John Heald's Facebook page about her Sign and Sail card not being platinum enough got me wondering if the cards have been updated with different artwork. Can anyone that has cruised in the past couple of weeks tell us if the cards are different than they were in Feb?

I'm assuming you are referring to the lady that was upset her card wasn't platinum enough so she wanted them changed so she could be recognized by other guests?

I will be boarding the Miracle on Saturday. If no one answers your question I will get it then and hopefully have an answer for you.

I'm assuming you are referring to the lady that was upset her card wasn't platinum enough so she wanted them changed so she could be recognized by other guests?

I will be boarding the Miracle on Saturday. If no one answers your question I will get it then and hopefully have an answer for you.

I'm boarding the Freedom Saturday, I was wondering if needed to take my flashing "OUTTA MY WAY, I'M PLATINUM" name badge with me or not. :D

Edited by CRJ700

I'm boarding the Freedom Saturday, I was wondering if needed to take my flashing "OUTTA MY WAY, I'M PLATINUM" name badge with me or not. :D

Are you sure you don't need your "I'M PLATINUM NOW BOW TO ME" badge. We all know now according the her rant platinum cruisers should be recognized by the guests as well as the crew.

Are you sure you don't need your "I'M PLATINUM NOW BOW TO ME" badge. We all know now according the her rant platinum cruisers should be recognized by the guests as well as the crew.

What do you mean bow, they should fall at my feet.

Passenger: Don't you know who I am

Crew: Sorry about the dementia, but a little hint when you forget who you are, it's written on your card.

On one of my early cruises in 2009, I was given a white S&S card. Now I've had blue cards, then the gold cards, and now I had a white card.

I thought the service I received on that cruise was exemplary! LOL. A few cruises later, someone told me that a white card signified diamond status. I have no idea why I got that card and I wasn't even platinum at the time.

On one of my early cruises in 2009, I was given a white S&S card. Now I've had blue cards, then the gold cards, and now I had a white card.

I thought the service I received on that cruise was exemplary! LOL. A few cruises later, someone told me that a white card signified diamond status. I have no idea why I got that card and I wasn't even platinum at the time.

Could it have been 'Milestone' -- 25 cruises?

I would think that if appearance were so important to the crazy lady that she would sail another line. I personally love Carnival, but I couldn't care less about appearances, and let's face it, whether we agree or not, Carnival is not known as the gold standard of cruising. Perhaps the crazy lady should be sailing on Cunnard.

DH just suggested that perhaps the "lady" was determined to have a platinum card as that would ensure her invitation to an oh so exclusive "Candlelight Supper" LOL

That is right! She does not want those gold plated nobodies intruding on HER special party! :D

I dislike it when someone tries to make the rest of us look bad. I sail for the cruise, not for the color of a card or for the amenities that card provides. as long as it unlocks my door and gets me a drink that's all I ask for. I just want to cruise and relax.

I have a funny cruise ship card story and it's not related to Carnival so please excuse me for being a little off topic.

On our first cruise on RCI we sailed in a suite and Royal gives their suite guests a gold Seapass card (their version of a S&S card) which is what they also give to their Pinnacle guests (maybe Diamond+ also, not sure), the top tier loyalty people. Regardless, one evening I stopped at a bar and ordered a drink and put down my gold card and two ladies sitting at the bar next to me cheerily asked "Oh, how many cruises did you have to take to get that gold card?" Somewhat sheepishly (since it was our first RCI cruise), I said "This is our first on Royal, we're in a suite." All of a sudden the two ladies were no longer impressed and kind of turned away.... it reminded of that Arlo Guthrie line from Alice's Restaurant when he says "... and they all moved away from me on the Group W bench." ;)

Edited by joepeka

I have a funny cruise ship card story and it's not related to Carnival so please excuse me for being a little off topic.

On our first cruise on RCI we sailed in a suite and Royal gives their suite guests a gold Seapass card (their version of a S&S card) which is what they also give to their Pinnacle guests (maybe Diamond+ also, not sure), the top tier loyalty people. Regardless, one evening I stopped at a bar and ordered a drink and put down my gold card and two ladies sitting at the bar next to me cheerily asked "Oh, how many cruises did you have to take to get that gold card?" Somewhat sheepishly (since it was our first RCI cruise), I said "This is our first on Royal, we're in a suite." All of a sudden the two ladies were no longer impressed and kind of turned away.... it reminded of that Arlo Guthrie line from Alice's Restaurant when he says "... and they all moved away from me on the Group W bench." ;)

I'm not sure there even was an "on topic" for this thread LOL .... I think everyone pretty much agreed that this woman was wayyyy out there in her hissy fit.

BTW ... since we're already off topic ... the show SMSACE6 and I were referring to is a PBS comedy series "Keeping Up Appearances". It is deliciously hysterical ... well worth the time to search your TV provider listings for it.

Edited by summersigh

I'm not sure there even was an "on topic" for this thread LOL .... I think everyone pretty much agreed that this woman was wayyyy out there in her hissy fit.

BTW ... since we're already off topic ... the show SMSACE6 and I were referring to is a PBS comedy series "Keeping Up Appearances". It is deliciously hysterical ... well worth the time to search your TV provider listings for it.

I know I've seen that show in our market on PBS, but it was probably at least 10 years ago. You're right - it is outstandingly funny and thinking about it, I can just about picture the woman on JH's FB page in a role on that show.

Edited by joepeka

Cruised in February, May and August. Saw no changes. Maybe the lady that threw the fit should have PLATINUM tattooed on her forehead. Just a thought. [emoji23][emoji23]