Go Big Go Better Go Best...

BigJH

Doesn't look like it's available in UK yet, as website doesn't mention it and when you look at the U.S. Site it doesn't allow you to get as far as selecting which one, although it does say that there are two free "perks" on European cruises?

I wonder if it is only the UK that still have not moved to the new pricing structure. On the Spanish website, priced in euros, they now have the Go Big, Better, Best pricing. The Buy one get one half price UK offer ends at the beginning of November so possibly it will start then. Get your calculators at the ready!!

Doesn't look like it's available in UK yet, as website doesn't mention it and when you look at the U.S. Site it doesn't allow you to get as far as selecting which one, although it does say that there are two free "perks" on European cruises?

On the Downunder Aust / NZ sites the two for 1 perks on European cruises ends on 18 October

Except it is a promotion. I know when it was rolled out, X attached verbage that it was a new pricing structure. However, that is not the case. In fine print, they say the 3B program can go away should a certain occupancy level be met.

According to Celebrity, it is not a promotion. It is the new pricing structure.

Except it is a promotion. I know when it was rolled out, X attached verbage that it was a new pricing structure. However, that is not the case. In fine print, they say the 3B program can go away should a certain occupancy level be met.

I am not arguing the case that it is not a promotion. In fact, I think it is nonsense, and simply a way to in crease fares and interest in those fares. The uninformed consumer may jump at some "all inclusive" rates that make absolutely no sense. The occupancy threshold would seem to validate these thoughts.

I am not arguing the case that it is not a promotion. In fact, I think it is nonsense, and simply a way to in crease fares and interest in those fares. The uninformed consumer may jump at some "all inclusive" rates that make absolutely no sense. The occupancy threshold would seem to validate these thoughts.

X just activated '2-perks-for-1' prices for 2016 Alaska cruises, mimicking the promo that has been running for Europe bookings. HAPPY CRUISING

X just activated '2-perks-for-1' prices for 2016 Alaska cruises, mimicking the promo that has been running for Europe bookings. HAPPY CRUISING

Well this would appear to be a result of the bad reviews/results for the ridiculous BBB pricing. Perhaps they underestimated the amount of brains and common sense the X cruisers DO have. AND to make the travel agents happy. They were NOT thrilled with what X was doing either.

OR after working the numbers...is this going to be another fake "for free" pricing scam.

Well this would appear to be a result of the bad reviews/results for the ridiculous BBB pricing. Perhaps they underestimated the amount of brains and common sense the X cruisers DO have. AND to make the travel agents happy. They were NOT thrilled with what X was doing either.

OR after working the numbers...is this going to be another fake "for free" pricing scam.

I would have thought the TAs would be very happy with the BBB as it increased their commissions. Why doesn't you TA like it?

Does anybody know whether this promotion is available in the UK?

The only part of Celebrity's new pricing/promotion that makes economic sense is Go Best where the drinks package is included, UK offers already include this, so don't worry it's an expensive con to say the least.

I would have thought the TAs would be very happy with the BBB as it increased their commissions. Why doesn't you TA like it?

My agent is not liking the pricing. Hard to offer more for less to her regular customers. X isn't giving them much to work with.

Luckily she had a couple rooms to offer booked at a group rate. Saved a ton for us compared to the bbb pricing.

Edited by eandj

My agent is not liking the pricing. Hard to offer more for less to her regular customers. X isn't giving them much to work with.

Luckily she had a couple rooms to offer booked at a group rate. Saved a ton for us compared to the bbb pricing.

Thanks

Strangely we booked two cruises urecently nder the UK buy one get one half price plus drinks package and they are way cheaper (almost half) the cost of booking them with a US agent we have previously used. Not often we get a better deal in the UK than in the states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love the 2nd person half price offer! It has just encouraged us to fit an an extra cruise!

As a relatively recently retired teacher this is the first cruise we have managed to book 'on offer'. We have almost always booked as itineraries came out or we would not get the room we would want as they were always peak booking time.

The better the room you book the more you save!

I'm not a TA but I see the 'perk' is shown as separate add-on line purchase on my booking invoice just like cruise insurance, prepaid gratuities. My TA told me that they don't get commission on amenity add-ons, just base fare (excluding tax, fees too).

My TA is not liking the promo either. I wanted to go with the Go Better and choose the beverage pkg and the gratuities. The TA said that her agency had looked into this and if I chose this the gratuities would actually cost me more with the promo than if I just paid the gratuities. What I did not realize is that the extra price they put on the Go Better is per person. But now that they are showing I can get it for free for Alaska I'm trying to get the TA to see if I can cancel and rebook quickly so that I can keep the same room. The price has gone up since I booked but only by $50pp.

Thoughts on this?

Anyone see an end date for this promo? It just says 'limited time'.

I'm not a TA but I see the 'perk' is shown as separate add-on line purchase on my booking invoice just like cruise insurance, prepaid gratuities. My TA told me that they don't get commission on amenity add-ons, just base fare (excluding tax, fees too).

Did you book under the Big,Better, Best program?

My TA is not liking the promo either. I wanted to go with the Go Better and choose the beverage pkg and the gratuities. The TA said that her agency had looked into this and if I chose this the gratuities would actually cost me more with the promo than if I just paid the gratuities. What I did not realize is that the extra price they put on the Go Better is per person. But now that they are showing I can get it for free for Alaska I'm trying to get the TA to see if I can cancel and rebook quickly so that I can keep the same room. The price has gone up since I booked but only by $50pp.

Thoughts on this?

Anyone see an end date for this promo? It just says 'limited time'.

My TA DID IT! Same cabin, extra promo, more OBC. I'm happy!

We booked the go bigger etc promotion on the August bank holiday directly with celebrity uk (price matching uk ta) sky suite premium drinks package unlimited internet onboard credit for less than we paid just for the sky suite last year

We booked the go bigger etc promotion on the August bank holiday directly with celebrity uk (price matching uk ta) sky suite premium drinks package unlimited internet onboard credit for less than we paid just for the sky suite last year

Out of interest, when did you book that as when I spoke to Celebrity UK a week or so ago, they told me that it wasn't available in the UK?

I look at the Celebrity website (UK) most days and I have never seen the GO Bigger etc. pricing, was it a one off?