Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Bill,

Did I read somewhere that when the ship comes back we'll be at a different pier/location?

All packed and will be leaving the house at 9:30. Looking forward to being back on the Jewel.

Donna

Yes, we are returning to pier 46. Shuttle busses will take you to the parking lot, and shuttles to the airport/ground transportation will come to pier 46.

Edited by travelgoddess1

Bill,

Did I read somewhere that when the ship comes back we'll be at a different pier/location?

All packed and will be leaving the house at 9:30. Looking forward to being back on the Jewel.

Donna

Yes, we are returning to pier 46. Shuttle busses will take you to the parking lot, and shuttles to the airport/ground transportation will come to pier 46.

As Karen said.

21704949746_738b2fee60_o.jpg

We are getting on next Saturday and will be interested in your experience getting from the parking lot to the place of embarkation.

Do you check in before the shuttle?

Do you take your luggage on the shuttle?

Was it a nightmare :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Jackie

I just got off the Jewel a couple of hours ago. Great cruise down from Vancouver on a great ship. Over 100 people from our cruise are staying on board. The wifi worked fine in my cabin on deck 7, in the Windjammer and in the Viking Crown. I did see electricians working on board, most likely on the wifi upgrade. Have a great cruise!

I just got off the Jewel a couple of hours ago. Great cruise down from Vancouver on a great ship. Over 100 people from our cruise are staying on board. The wifi worked fine in my cabin on deck 7, in the Windjammer and in the Viking Crown. I did see electricians working on board, most likely on the wifi upgrade. Have a great cruise!

Great to hear. Hopefully our cabin on deck 3 might have a little connection [emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

We were a little late to the party for booking so there was not a lot of choices left for getting the same cabin for both cruises. We wanted an outside cabin but had to settle for an inside.

The cabin will not be good for wifi down on deck 3 but we found out back in May while riding Jewel that the wifi hotspots are extremely limited anyway so cabin location really did not matter. In May we had a cabin on Deck seven close to the Business Center but still had to open the cabin door to get a decent wifi signal. :eek:

At least we are close to the elevators. :)

21698417931_106a3d3c11_b.jpg

We had cabin 3079(next door) on our last Jewel cruise. It was a great location. Nice and quiet plus no waiting for an elevator when returning from port. We liked the cabin so much we booked the same one for our upcoming back 2 back in March. Have a wonderful cruise.

We had cabin 3079(next door) on our last Jewel cruise. It was a great location. Nice and quiet plus no waiting for an elevator when returning from port. We liked the cabin so much we booked the same one for our upcoming back 2 back in March. Have a wonderful cruise.

Hi I am going in march too on the Jewel, wich date are you?

Hi Bill and Marie,

So glad you are doing a "Live" on the Jewel. We will be joining you next Sat. 10/3, for the second part of your b2b. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Always love following your cruise postings..

Thank you, Pam

Thanks Pam. We will get the ship ready. [emoji4]

It would not be boarding day without it. [emoji3]

Great to see you posting already Bill! Nice to see the Paella too! ;). Hoping they have my lime mousse for the first day as well! We will see you next Saturday and look forward to reading your posts all week!

Pam