Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Today we changed plans. Marie's knee is bothering her a little so we are passing on the trip to the Muir Woods. We plan to relax on the ship and maybe stroll down to Fisherman's Wharf later.

Maybe Marie needs to some medication similar to what was available on the winery tour.;)

Hi Bill and Marie,

The pics are great and thanks for posting. I can hardly wait to meet you next week.

I hope Marie's knee is feeling better.

I do know that they have a shuttle on Alcatraz and it's called SEAT. I will have two friends going to Alcatraz that will have a need for it. I am happy they do have this shuttle available for them as they want to do Alcatraz and wouldn't be able to without it.

Have a great rest of the week, and see you on Saturday!

Lisa

Edited by mimimoo2

Hello Bill and Marie! So glad that you are doing the "live" thread for the Jewel OTS! We will be on Oct 3 and looking forward to meeting all of you! Hope Marie takes care of that knee. San Francisco can really do in your feet and knees!:D

Yes, she has a torn meniscus in her knee that she is avoiding surgery to repair. Probably should have tried to get her on that tram last night. However, she seems to be doing much better today so we should be back on the road for Monterey tomorrow. :)

Just lost power on the ship for about half a minute. Somebody didn't do such a great job of shifting from shore power to ship's power. [emoji14]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Just t the internet connection and my log in. Went down to G Services but didn't know what I was on about. It's just come back on. We are in Aft 1102

Sounds like you two are having a great time. So happy to hear. We were on Pier 39 to watch Jewel arrive. Loving the pics of Alcatraz, Coit Tower, the Transamerica Pyramid, the Bay Bridge leading to Treasure Island and the new Eastern span of the Bay Bridge (Treasure Island to Oakland). So many great pics, most from the deck of the ship. Four days and counting.

Just t the internet connection and my log in. Went down to G Services but didn't know what I was on about. It's just come back on. We are in Aft 1102

Ahhh....Glad you're enjoying that cabin... I had #1102 & 1104 originally booked for this cruise. I changed to Alaska on Radiance which sailed Sept 4-11 instead ;):)

Following and really enjoying your live review and photos. Thanks for keeping us updated! I tore my meniscus last year so thoughts with Marie, I know how painful it can be but I'm glad it's not holding you back.

Just found this report. Subscribing and looking forward to "sailing" along with you.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for following along. Glad to hear you are having a good time :)

We are arriving soon in Monterey. The plan is to pick up tender tickets so we get get ashore to meet our tour guide.

21836797305_f8a249dc09_b.jpg

Our tour is with Evan of AG Venture tours. We will have a Monterey sightseeing tour which includes Old town, Cannery Row, Pacific Grove and the 17 Mile Drive. We will visit Ingrid''s Vineyard and the Barnardus tasting room. After lunch we will visit the Morgan tasting room then it is back to the pier.

Hello Bill and Marie! So glad that you are doing the "live" thread for the Jewel OTS! We will be on Oct 3 and looking forward to meeting all of you! Hope Marie takes care of that knee. San Francisco can really do in your feet and knees!:D

We miss you and John over here on the East Coast............hope all is well.......it has been a long time since our Freedom cruise...........miss you two!!!!

I will admit I am disappointed to see who the cruise director is. I normally don't care who is running the show, but I remember his wife and him from years ago and they were not my cup of tea. I actually got annoyed with how they present themselves. Oh well, I'm onboard for the itinerary, not the CD!

We just got off Jewel the 26th and our cruise director, Dennis Charles, must have gotten off with us since you're talking about somebody totally different. Dennis was all over the ship all the time and didn't hesitate to stop and talk to everyone at any time. Sure glad we had him as our cruise director! ;)

We just got off Jewel the 26th and our cruise director, Dennis Charles, must have gotten off with us since you're talking about somebody totally different. Dennis was all over the ship all the time and didn't hesitate to stop and talk to everyone at any time. Sure glad we had him as our cruise director! ;)

Agree.