Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

We have arrived at Demetrius Estate.

cb911eb5ef950b70a4d093c9e7272592.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Please say Hi to Tim & Kathy for us! They have on blue striped shirts (left side of table) And you can wish Tim Happy Birthday tomorrow! :D

~Patti & Bill

Bill, Thank you for the report so far! It looks like a wonderful day in Santa Barbara.

I have couple of questions for you...

1. For tendering as a group - what process did you use? Was one person able to get tender tickets for the whole group so you could stay together?

2. Who was your tour company in Santa Barbara?

3. Who is the Loyalty Ambassador onboard?

Thank you and have a great time!:cool:

So happy that they have upgraded the WIFI -- we also have connectivity in our cabin, which we did not have in April/May -- what a difference! :) I find the fastest times to post are early in the am, and when everyone is off the ship. Like now, in Santa Barbara. We are staying on today, as I am planning to join friends next week for a self-guided walking tour. I'm watching the tendering, which seems to be proceeding smoothly. There are 4 tender boats on Jewel, all of them in use at the moment. There is also a large boat from shore, which is being used to get the shore excursions off and running. And the marine layer has burned off, although there is a slight haze. All in all, a nice day here. :)

The checkin did go slowly at first, but picked up speed as the day progressed. Since Royal does not normally have ships on the West Coast, the contract agents were not familiar with the computer system. That should be somewhat alleviated for those of you on the 10/3 cruise.

There are over 60 Pinnacles on board this week, I believe it is a record for Jewel.

Sorry to jump in on Bill's thread [emoji14]

Jump in whenever you want Karen. Great information.

Bill, Thank you for the report so far! It looks like a wonderful day in Santa Barbara.

I have couple of questions for you...

1. For tendering as a group - what process did you use? Was one person able to get tender tickets for the whole group so you could stay together?

2. Who was your tour company in Santa Barbara?

3. Who is the Loyalty Ambassador onboard?

Thank you and have a great time!:cool:

Yes one person picked up all the tender tickets. I don't know the answer to the other 2 questions. I didn't set up the tour.

Great pictures Bill! We have to say though, that Marie looks happier the more vineyards you tour! Lol! Loving your updates!

Pam

Cute picture of Marie, I guess she likes coffee

I think by the time we got to the third stop she was ready for coffee. [emoji3]

Thank you for doing this. I am anxiously awaiting your feedback on the night tour of Alcatraz. We'll be joining you onboard on Oct 3rd and we have a night tour booked for the 5th.

I will admit I am disappointed to see who the cruise director is. I normally don't care who is running the show, but I remember his wife and him from years ago and they were not my cup of tea. I actually got annoyed with how they present themselves. Oh well, I'm onboard for the itinerary, not the CD!

Bill, you mentioned tender tickets for Santa Barbara, does everyone need them? Our private tour doesn't start until 11:30. Would like to be off before then, but don't need to be one of the first. Who needs them and where do you get them??

Thanks again for this live report. Makes it all the more real for us as we know we will be doing this next week :D

(I should have posted this last night)

Tonight was formal night. We elected to dress up for this one and not for the second. Marie looked beautiful as always (scoring husband points :p)

21153670034_c330b3e616_c.jpg

We had a great time at the headliner show. Performing was Karen Grainger from Canada who is a female impressionist. All her impressions are of singers and she was very entertaining.