Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Have a great time! I was originally booked on the October 3 cruise with you, but cancelled when we decided to book the Panama Canal cruise the following week. We could not take that much time off of work. Instead we booked the Ruby Princess for next year with a similar itinerary. We will enjoy both what you have to say about the Jewel and about the ports. Your excursion in Santa Barbara looks to be right up my ally! We have been on the Jewel for three past cruises, so it will be like coming home in two weeks.:cool: I really hope the internet is improved by Oct 10, when we board as DH is self employed and has to check in daily (and probably do some work). He will be excited to learn that they are working on the upgrades now. Hopefully, you will have a good, positive report on that after boarding.

I am throwing in a big "Hi" to Karen (Cruising Goddess), Pam and a few others from our Panama Canal Roll Call who are still going to be on the ship when we board Oct 10. Also, some of our Arizona Cruiser friends will be with you Oct 3, so we are looking forward to cruising along with all of you and looking forward to your pictures.:) Have fun!

Made it to Los Angeles and caught our shuttle to the Crowne Plaza. But sitting in the lobby as the room is not ready yet and won't be for at least another half hour. Even though it is already 3:30 [emoji45]

ab04c66100b923cde6bed65840e1b5ec.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Made it to Los Angeles and caught our shuttle to the Crowne Plaza. But sitting in the lobby as the room is not ready yet and won't be for at least another half hour. Even though it is already 3:30 [emoji45]

Bill, what shuttle service did you use, and were you happy with it?

Bill, what shuttle service did you use, and were you happy with it?

We used Super Shuttle. They made one stop on the way but it was one the way to the hotel. Pretty quick for a shared van.

Going back to the airport after the cruise we are using their towncar service instead of the shared van. About $25-30 more but I don't want to hassle with filling a van and making stop when I am heading home.

We used Super Shuttle. They made one stop on the way but it was one the way to the hotel. Pretty quick for a shared van.

Going back to the airport after the cruise we are using their towncar service instead of the shared van. About $25-30 more but I don't want to hassle with filling a van and making stop when I am heading home.

Thanks for the info. I think we paid around $70 for a taxi to get from the port to LAX off a Mariner cruise a few years ago.

We originally planned to go to the San Pedro lobster festival for dinner tonight. But the 90 degree weather made the mile walk there less appealing so we went a block away to the San Pedro Brewing Company.

We had a slight setback when we arrived as there were signs in the windows for "cash only". but we dug in the backpack and figured we had enough cash on us for dinner and drinks so we headed in.

Nice place, typical brew pub with the drinks more focused on beer. Marie had a margarita and didn't care for it. I tried the Battleship IPA, very nice. Dinner was balsamic chicken breast for Marie and I had their ortega burger which was melted jack cheese, roasted Ortega chiles & Sante Fe Sauce. Service was bit slow but it was a brew pub and it gave me an excuse to try their Oktoberfest beer too. :D

21529098370_a41d7b5bbc_b.jpg

A token picture of me (not many of them)

21717026535_a5b547cb4e_c.jpg

21705514902_c34ce7f045_c.jpg

I only took a bite

21530197449_b0af420ab5_c.jpg

21726337471_5d24a2486c_c.jpg

ill be on board oct 3. really excited seeing royal back on the west coast, only if its for a couple of weeks,

Also Check out Lobster fest at the pier in San Pedro, hear its really worth it.

Yeah, As I mentioned we had planned to go to the lobster fest but we are not used to the 90+ weather so we elected to not go. Are you trying to make us regret our choice? lol :p :D

Great fun to follow along, Bill. Your book choice sounds perfect - I didn't realize there were that many. I'm reading Path Between the Seas and some of those characters would definitely add some energy!!! We board Oct. 10 and I haven't been able to think of anything else. Following your adventures will be a great way to pass the time. Thanks and Bon Voyage!

DH is also plowing through The Path Between the Seas! Slow reading!

Bon Voyage!

Diane

We originally planned to go to the San Pedro lobster festival for dinner tonight. But the 90 degree weather made the mile walk there less appealing so we went a block away to the San Pedro Brewing Company.

We had a slight setback when we arrived as there were signs in the windows for "cash only". but we dug in the backpack and figured we had enough cash on us for dinner and drinks so we headed in.

Nice place, typical brew pub with the drinks more focused on beer. Marie had a margarita and didn't care for it. I tried the Battleship IPA, very nice. Dinner was balsamic chicken breast for Marie and I had their ortega burger which was melted jack cheese, roasted Ortega chiles & Sante Fe Sauce. Service was bit slow but it was a brew pub and it gave me an excuse to try their Oktoberfest beer too.

A token picture of me (not many of them)

21717026535_a5b547cb4e_c.jpg

21705514902_c34ce7f045_c.jpg

Great photos of you both! Marie looks adorable, as always, and I see you have been in my t-shirt drawer -- I have the exact same one. :D Did you buys yours at Malibu shirts in Waikiki? :cool:

See you in a few hours -- glad you made it to Southern California ok!

Edited by travelgoddess1

Glad to hear you had a good experience - I will be using them in two weeks to get to the Jewel. Hopefully most everyone else will be headed there as well from LAX. I will be on the Radiance Hawaii to Vancouver next spring and look forward to meeting you then.

Great photos of you both! Marie looks adorable, as always, and I see you have been in my t-shirt drawer -- I have the exact same one. :D Did you buys yours at Malibu shirts in Waikiki? :cool:

See you in a few hours -- glad you made it to Southern California ok!

I got it at Malibu Shirts but at the Whaler Village in Kaanapali. :)

Glad to hear you had a good experience - I will be using them in two weeks to get to the Jewel. Hopefully most everyone else will be headed there as well from LAX. I will be on the Radiance Hawaii to Vancouver next spring and look forward to meeting you then.

That Radiance trip will be fantastic. It's Hawaii :D