Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Bill and Marie

Have a safe voyage.

I love your cruise travel threads!!!!!

And a B2B, talk about us being in heaven being able to follow you along on line.

Cannot wait to see what the next few days will bring.

Enjoy, Be safe, have fun.

Sea Ya

Great fun to follow along, Bill. Your book choice sounds perfect - I didn't realize there were that many. I'm reading Path Between the Seas and some of those characters would definitely add some energy!!! We board Oct. 10 and I haven't been able to think of anything else. Following your adventures will be a great way to pass the time. Thanks and Bon Voyage!

Thanks everyone for your kind words. We are up, bags are ready, I have consumed my first cup of coffee (Starbucks Reserve Vietnam Da Lat) and waiting impatiently for our daughter to take us to the airport. :(

Karen, hope to see you and Pete at 2 tomorrow in the Schooner Bar. :)

I am so ready to get out of town and into that sunny southern California weather. For those of you unfamiliar with the Seattle area, it rains every day so don't move here. :p ;)

21714020291_d568a8877f_b.jpg

T... I am so ready to get out of town and into that sunny southern California weather. For those of you unfamiliar with the Seattle area, it rains every day so don't move here. :p ;)

I hear the summers in Seattle are beautiful.

I hear the summers in Seattle are beautiful.

Actually it is great all the time (compared to other parts of the country). We just say that to keep people from moving here. Saying "it rains all the time, don't move here" is a reflex response, like "Hi, how are you?" :p :D

I'm reading Path Between the Seas and some of those characters would definitely add some energy!!!

Don't give up on Path Between the Seas! The first third is awfully dull, but it picks up when Teddy Roosevelt starts coming into the picture.

Sorry for brief hijack. Now back to Bill and Marie's Excellent Adventure!

As far as activities we are front loading so most of the organized tours are on the first cruise.

For the first stop in Santa Barbara we are going on a tour organized by a fellow cruisers. This is the itinerary

We will be picked up at the port and taken to 3 wineries and lunch is included. The wine tours Include:

•A private vehicle and driver just for you and your group

•All of your tasting fees included in the pricing

•A gourmet picnic lunch

•Planning by one of our experienced tour directors

•A fun filled day of wine and friends

The first day in San Francisco we will be taking the evening cruise to Alcatraz. During my Navy career I was stationed three separate times in the bay area but never made it to Alcatraz.

Voted 'Best Tour of the Bay Area,' the Alcatraz Night Tour provides a more intimate, engaging Alcatraz experience. This tour includes a personally narrated boat tour around the island; guided tours from the dock to the main prison building; 'Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour' and a variety of special programs and presentations offered only at night. Enjoy a sunset silhouetting the Golden Gate Bridge and breath-taking views of San Francisco as night falls. A truly exceptional experience.

The following morning we are taking a tour to Muir Woods and Sausalito.

Drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and through the coastal mountains to the Bay Area's most popular national monument - Muir Woods.

Roam through an ancient forest of giant redwood trees and stroll the waterfront of the quaint Mediterranean-style village of Sausalito (considered the prettiest city in California). Great views of the Bay are featured with time for shopping and photo-taking.

In Monterey it is more touring of vineyards

The sightseeing tour will first start along the rugged coast of Monterey, Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach (17 Mile Drive) where we will make stops at Bird Rock, the Lone Cypress and the Pebble Beach Lodge to enjoy the beautiful scenery and observe marine wildlife. After the sightseeing tour, we will then drive to Carmel Valley to visit Chateau Julien Wine Estate where we will try their excellent selection of Monterey County wines during a walking tour of the Estate and enjoy a picnic lunch on the patio. The tour will finish with a visit to Morgan tasting room to try their premium wines.

We love the Morgan Pinot. Is this the same Vineyard? Enjoy

1443194009953.jpg.a90a723f3068b40c741c8b8d644d66da.jpg

Great fun to follow along, Bill. Your book choice sounds perfect - I didn't realize there were that many. I'm reading Path Between the Seas and some of those characters would definitely add some energy!!! We board Oct. 10 and I haven't been able to think of anything else. Following your adventures will be a great way to pass the time. Thanks and Bon Voyage!

Don't give up on Path Between the Seas! The first third is awfully dull, but it picks up when Teddy Roosevelt starts coming into the picture.

I read that during (and after) our 2013 Legend Panama Canal cruise. Great book.

Glad to hear the book gains some energy as it goes on - I look forward to that:D

Safe travels Bill and Marie. Look forward to meeting you on Jewel tomorrow!

Yes, see you on board. So happy to hear you got the OK. :)

Yay, Bill! Looking forward to following along with you and Marie. Safe travels!

Especially looking forward to the report on the evening Alcatraz tour..didn't you have this scheduled on a previous cruise, but had to cancel?

Chris

Yes we did, Marie had problems with her knee but should be ok now.

Yes, see you on board. So happy to hear you got the OK. :)

Yes we did, Marie had problems with her knee but should be ok now.

It is a bit of a hike up a hill from the dock to the prison. Golf carts are for available for disabled patrons only. My wife had a Unaboot and got a ride while everyone else had to walk.

I read this book earlier in the year, before our May PC cruise. Excellent read, it gives you a different perspective on what you're seeing, with the historical element added. See you soon! :):)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. We are up, bags are ready, I have consumed my first cup of coffee (Starbucks Reserve Vietnam Da Lat) and waiting impatiently for our daughter to take us to the airport.

Karen, hope to see you and Pete at 2 tomorrow in the Schooner Bar.

I am so ready to get out of town and into that sunny southern California weather. For those of you unfamiliar with the Seattle area, it rains every day so don't move here. :p

21714020291_d568a8877f_b.jpg

Safe travels, welcome to Southern California! I can fairly confidently promise you no rain here. :rolleyes: See you tomorrow. :)

I read this book earlier in the year, before our May PC cruise. Excellent read, it gives you a different perspective on what you're seeing, with the historical element added. See you soon! :):)

I started reading it as well but I just couldn't get into it. It was too boring so I bought the audio version and I really enjoyed it. It was a much easier "read". It made my journey through the canal so much more rewarding to know the history behind it.