Live - Jewel of the Seas 26 Sept - 10 Oct 2015 Bill & Marie's 1st B2B

PCWalton1

Great to hear. Hopefully our cabin on deck 3 might have a little connection [emoji3]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I am sitting in the "internet café" on Deck 7, Centrum, on THEIR computer, and it won't let me connect to FB. I'm surprised that it let me get onto CC. Going to try in my far forward Deck 9 cabin in a few minutes.

(Check-in was a CF :rolleyes:)

Good morning and welcome to Santa Barbara. We are just about in port and should be dropping the anchor soon.

Last night after dinner we finished the evening by attending the welcome aboard show. It was hosted by the cruise director John Blair and his wife Katrina who is the activities director. It was somewhat sparsely attended so even though we showed up at the last minute we were able to get seats. He spoke of the record number of pinnacles on board but didn't tell the exact numbers. All I know is there were very few of them at the show as he asked them to stand. Maybe they have seen John before and wanted to skip another round of Sweet Caroline. :p

Today we will be on our wine country tour. We are meeting at Cafe Lattitudes around 9 to catch the tender boats ashore. I will try to post when I can. :)

21755947355_26d00a44eb_b.jpg

Hi Bill and Marie! Hope you are having a wonderful time. Looking forward to seeing your review of the Jewel and thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I will be going on my first cruise next May with my husband Nick. We will be doing a b2b on the Jewel with the May 13 and May 23 sailings. Enjoy your time in California, safe travels.

Christine

Edited by gibbycat

Good news, I have wifi in the cabin 3081. [emoji2]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

So happy that they have upgraded the WIFI -- we also have connectivity in our cabin, which we did not have in April/May -- what a difference! :) I find the fastest times to post are early in the am, and when everyone is off the ship. Like now, in Santa Barbara. We are staying on today, as I am planning to join friends next week for a self-guided walking tour. I'm watching the tendering, which seems to be proceeding smoothly. There are 4 tender boats on Jewel, all of them in use at the moment. There is also a large boat from shore, which is being used to get the shore excursions off and running. And the marine layer has burned off, although there is a slight haze. All in all, a nice day here. :)

The checkin did go slowly at first, but picked up speed as the day progressed. Since Royal does not normally have ships on the West Coast, the contract agents were not familiar with the computer system. That should be somewhat alleviated for those of you on the 10/3 cruise.

There are over 60 Pinnacles on board this week, I believe it is a record for Jewel.

Sorry to jump in on Bill's thread :p