Oasis Suites Lounge Embarkation Day

RocketMan275

We will be in our first suite on Royal on 7 November on Oasis. We're spending the night before the cruise in the Marriott Courtyard Beach. Check out is 11 AM, so we have some flexibility in arriving at the port. It is the weekend of the FLL boat show so things maybe a bit hectic in/around the port area.

I'm trying to figure out our options for boarding and when we should arrive at the port. Normally, we try to arrive around 11. Trying to figure out if we should have lunch and then arrive at the boat around 1 PM or should we just go ahead and board around 11?

Some questions:

- At what time will the Suites Lounge area be open for guests? I understand there is buffet of some kind. What is typically served and during what times?

- If we arrive early and have priority boarding, we could immediately proceed to the buffet. Should we go to the windjammer or to the suites lounge area?

- We are in a CLS. Are these rooms available before the others?

I'm sure there are some other questions I should be asking.

Thanks Bob. I should just relax but I'm a compulsive planner. I just can't help myself. I blame that on the military.

Whatever they have in the suite lounge, it will be a MUCH more pleasant experience than Windjammer on boarding day. I know they will have free beer and wine available.

Whatever they have in the suite lounge, it will be a MUCH more pleasant experience than Windjammer on boarding day. I know they will have free beer and wine available.

I figured that but thought that if we arrive early and board early, we could be leaving the Jammer before it gets too bad. Or, perhaps Rockets, etc.

I figured that but thought that if we arrive early and board early, we could be leaving the Jammer before it gets too bad. Or, perhaps Rockets, etc.

If the suite lounge does not suffice for lunch, I'd consider Giovanni's (extra cost) for an uncrowded, unhurried, but very filling lunch

For other "free" options, you have Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Doghouse, Park Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Vitality Cafe (very limited choices), Cafe Promenade, and Sorrento's.

Edited by clarea

If the suite lounge does not suffice for lunch, I'd consider Giovanni's (extra cost) for an uncrowded, unhurried, but very filling lunch

For other "free" options, you have Wipeout Cafe, Boardwalk Doghouse, Park Cafe, Solarium Cafe, Vitality Cafe (very limited choices), Cafe Promenade, and Sorrento's.

The suites lounge was my first choice. I just wasn't sure if, and when, it would be available on embarkation day. It sounds like the lounge will be our best option but wanted to see what others thought as well. As well as convenient when the rooms are ready. We're experimenting with minimal luggage this trip so we'll only have two small carry-on rollies. No checked bags.

I think we will do lunch at Giovanni's later in the cruise.

We're experimenting with minimal luggage this trip so we'll only have two small carry-on rollies. No checked bags.

RocketMan, This is off topic but I know we have talked about it...

While you are experimenting with minimal baggage, maybe something like this would be helpful to carry by itself or in a tote bag :)

Have a great cruise!!

We will be in our first suite on Royal on 7 November on Oasis. We're spending the night before the cruise in the Marriott Courtyard Beach. Check out is 11 AM, so we have some flexibility in arriving at the port. It is the weekend of the FLL boat show so things maybe a bit hectic in/around the port area.

I'm trying to figure out our options for boarding and when we should arrive at the port. Normally, we try to arrive around 11. Trying to figure out if we should have lunch and then arrive at the boat around 1 PM or should we just go ahead and board around 11?

Some questions:

- At what time will the Suites Lounge area be open for guests? I understand there is buffet of some kind. What is typically served and during what times?

- If we arrive early and have priority boarding, we could immediately proceed to the buffet. Should we go to the windjammer or to the suites lounge area?

- We are in a CLS. Are these rooms available before the others?

I'm sure there are some other questions I should be asking.

We are sailing on the Oasis in 2 weeks. Have sailed 3 times this year on the Oasis in a Crown Loft. Each time our Crown Loft was ready at 12:30 PM. We always eat the buffet in the Suite Lounge after boarding. Free wine, beer and soft drinks are also provided. We usually enter the Suite Lounge around 11:30 AM.

Coastal Kitchen is great for dinner. You should make your dinner reservations for the week ASAP.

RocketMan, This is off topic but I know we have talked about it...

While you are experimenting with minimal baggage, maybe something like this would be helpful to carry by itself or in a tote bag :)

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks for sharing that. Looks like a better idea than anything else I've seen.

We are sailing on the Oasis in 2 weeks. Have sailed 3 times this year on the Oasis in a Crown Loft. Each time our Crown Loft was ready at 12:30 PM. We always eat the buffet in the Suite Lounge after boarding. Free wine, beer and soft drinks are also provided. We usually enter the Suite Lounge around 11:30 AM.

Coastal Kitchen is great for dinner. You should make your dinner reservations for the week ASAP.

Great information. Thought it might be possible that CLS would be available sooner because of the location.

Questions:

- One. How do you make reservations for Coastal? Just checked the planner and Coastal is not shown as an option. MTD and the specialty restaurants are shown.

- Two. Did you dine in Coastal everynight? You found ample choices on the menu?

- Have you stayed in 1750?

-

Hi

When we sailed the Oasis this August after we ate lunch in the WJ we walked upto the suite lounge and both concierges were at their desks.

We waited briefly and soon we were able to make all our reservations for CK thru them.

We cancelled some early enough so others could enjoy when we ate elsewhere on some days.

They just asked to let them know by 1pm. the day of your reservation if you would be eating elsewhere.

So of the 5 reservations we made we cancelled (I think 3).

The menu was changed halfway thru.

Sea Ya

Great information. Thought it might be possible that CLS would be available sooner because of the location.

Questions:

- One. How do you make reservations for Coastal? Just checked the planner and Coastal is not shown as an option. MTD and the specialty restaurants are shown.

- Two. Did you dine in Coastal everynight? You found ample choices on the menu?

- Have you stayed in 1750?

-

Interesting CK is not on your Cruise Planner either for Oasis as it's also not on ours either for 11/8/15 Allure sailing. Phone call a few weeks ago to C&A D+ indicated CK should appear in CP about 30-45 days from sail date, still waiting.

Someone previously posted on another thread, that you can not pre book CK on Oasis class ships, hmmm, never heard of that being the case. I had no problems with pre booking or future bookings of CK on Quantum and our 2016 Anthem sailings.

We didn't dine in CK every night on Quantum, about 4 nights out of our 10 and 12 night sailings. We enjoyed lunch quite often in CK, you must try their flatbread in CK.

Enjoy your sailing on Oasis :)

What are the hours of the concierge in the suite lounge?

There are morning hours (exactly which I cannot remember) and the nornal 5pm to 8:30pm hours for cocktail time. Just visit the desk, the hours will be posted.

I would eat a late breakfast, then check out of the hotel and head to the ship. That way, the 1st thing you do onboard doesn't have to be eating! You can roam about, and get your bearings....cabins will be ready around 1 pm...doesn't matter if it's a suite or inside cabin!

I would eat a late breakfast, then check out of the hotel and head to the ship. That way, the 1st thing you do onboard doesn't have to be eating! You can roam about, and get your bearings....cabins will be ready around 1 pm...doesn't matter if it's a suite or inside cabin!

Thanks for the ideas. A big lunch was not on our list of things to do. We intend to have our luggage with us so roaming the ship won't be a preference until after the cabins are ready. I was really looking for ideas on where to hang out till then. We probably will just hang out in the suites lounge till muster.

Thanks for the ideas. A big lunch was not on our list of things to do. We intend to have our luggage with us so roaming the ship won't be a preference until after the cabins are ready. I was really looking for ideas on where to hang out till then. We probably will just hang out in the suites lounge till muster.

You can check your small luggage with a porter at the pier and just keep your carry on.No need to have to roll luggage around. Muster won't be till 4pm or so

Edited by setsail

We were on the 9-12 Sailing of Oasis. We arrived at the Coastal Kitchen around noon. They had a very nice buffet lunch ready. Chicken wings, mashed potatoes, various veggies, and nice desserts. We also made our CK reservations at that time. We all thought Chops was much better this year than 2 years ago. The Suite Lounge/Coastal Kitchen is very nice-wish we would have had more time to enjoy it....enjoy your cruise! We were in Crown Loft 1750 for the second time-love the CL's!!