Diamond Princess diverted to Wellington

sun-set

I just noticed Diamond Princess Webcam is showing heading for Wellington instead of Milford Sound, it wasn't even supposed to be visiting Wellington on this cruise.

Does anyone have any more information ?

It'd still be a long way from Wellington, maybe someone made a mistake on the caption.

But if there's been a late change that may not be shown on the schedule yet.

3 Oct she was to be in Dunedin.

Tue 29/09/15 Sydney / Australia 18:30

Wed 30/09/15 At Sea

Thu 01/10/15 At Sea

Fri 02/10/15 Fjordland National Park (Scenic Cruising) / New Zealand 07:00 17:00

Sat 03/10/15 Port Chalmers / New Zealand 08:00 18:00

Sun 04/10/15 Akaroa / New Zealand 08:00 18:00

Mon 05/10/15 Picton / New Zealand 08:00 17:00

Tue 06/10/15 At Sea

Wed 07/10/15 Tauranga / New Zealand 10:00 21:30

Thu 08/10/15 Auckland / New Zealand 08:00 19:00

Fri 09/10/15 Bay of Islands / New Zealand 07:00 17:00

Sat 10/10/15 At Sea

Sun 11/10/15 At Sea

Mon 12/10/15 Sydney / Australia 07:00

Itinerary may be subject to change at any time.

3 Oct she was to be in Dunedin.

Tue 29/09/15 Sydney / Australia 18:30

Wed 30/09/15 At Sea

Thu 01/10/15 At Sea

Fri 02/10/15 Fjordland National Park (Scenic Cruising) / New Zealand 07:00 17:00

Sat 03/10/15 Port Chalmers / New Zealand 08:00 18:00

Sun 04/10/15 Akaroa / New Zealand 08:00 18:00

Mon 05/10/15 Picton / New Zealand 08:00 17:00

Tue 06/10/15 At Sea

Wed 07/10/15 Tauranga / New Zealand 10:00 21:30

Thu 08/10/15 Auckland / New Zealand 08:00 19:00

Fri 09/10/15 Bay of Islands / New Zealand 07:00 17:00

Sat 10/10/15 At Sea

Sun 11/10/15 At Sea

Mon 12/10/15 Sydney / Australia 07:00

Itinerary may be subject to change at any time.

Yep that looks like a major change then.

Left Sydney yesterday a couple of sea days Wellington.

Be interested to hear why.

.Port of Wellington schedule is showing her in town on Sat 3 Oct.

Diamond Princess AQ Sat 03 Oct 15 08.00 Sat 03 Oct 15 20:00 2670

It will have to lose a day at sea to arrive on the 3rd and looking at the cam it's getting pretty rough out there.

Also to rearrange the itinerary will be difficult.

It will have to lose a day at sea to arrive on the 3rd and looking at the cam it's getting pretty rough out there.

Also to rearrange the itinerary will be difficult.

Oh dear, I have first time cruiser friends on her. Fortunately they have and inside cabin on a lower deck. K

Oh dear, I have first time cruiser friends on her. Fortunately they have and inside cabin on a lower deck. K

We have family onboard. Looks like weather over next few days is going to play havoc with the itinerary. Check this Met wave forecast unlikely that they will travel south after Wellington.

http://www.metservice.com/maps-radar/marine-forecast-maps/significant-wave-heights

She'll probably go through Cook Strait to Wellington instead of around the bottom of the South Island.

From Wellington she could pick up the rest of her original itinerary by heading down to Akaroa, and then back to Picton.

I just found her on the AIS Marine Traffic map and she looks like she's heading directly to Cook Strait.

It must be really bad weather down that way , so they will go straight to Wellington and then pick up the itinerary.

October is way too early to be cruising around the bottom of the South Island...but they seem to do it every year, and every year one or two sailings have to be diverted.:rolleyes:

At least not going to Fiordland , they wont break all the crockery and glasses..:D:D

We have family onboard. Looks like weather over next few days is going to play havoc with the itinerary. Check this Met wave forecast unlikely that they will travel south after Wellington.

http://www.metservice.com/maps-radar/marine-forecast-maps/significant-wave-heights

I hope seasickness doesn't hit too hard.

Yikes. Looks like the nasty stuff hits the east coast of the South Island mid-afternoon on the 4th. Yes, they might not get down to Akaroa. But the east coast of the North Island looks like it will be OK. They might have to do Picton straight after Wellington.

She'll probably go through Cook Strait to Wellington instead of around the bottom of the South Island.

From Wellington she could pick up the rest of her original itinerary by heading down to Akaroa, and then back to Picton.

I'm on board and yes, they announced yesterday that we're missing both Fiordland and Dunedin due to the weather. Instead we're going to Wellington but then as far as we know we'll be going to Akaroa and the rest of the cruise as per the original itinerary. It's really hard to tell that we're escaping from bad weather today though, it's a lovely warm sunny day!

I'm on board and yes, they announced yesterday that we're missing both Fiordland and Dunedin due to the weather. Instead we're going to Wellington but then as far as we know we'll be going to Akaroa and the rest of the cruise as per the original itinerary. It's really hard to tell that we're escaping from bad weather today though, it's a lovely warm sunny day!

Thanks enjoy the rest of the cruise.

yep I just got an email from friends that are on the diamond and they said they are missing milford sound... what a shame... but they are loving the ship... hmm could it be they have splurged on a mini suite... lucky ducks!!

She is alongside Aotea Quay at the moment and its an absolutely fabulous Positively Wellington day today.

I have just had 2 messages from my brother, the first they were to sail at 7pm.

The second they have been informed they are staying for another day in Wellington, I presume due to continuing bad weather down south.

Edited by sun-set

I have just had 2 messages from my brother, the first they were to sail at 7pm.

The second they have been informed they are staying for another day in Wellington, I presume due to continuing bad weather down south.

Please report any more news from your brother.