Premium drinks package no good for balcony drinkers??

PrincessPete

Now on the M-class ship book cabins on deck 11 Aqua 1. To get to the bar you go down the aft stairs and there is the bar.

On the S-class ships we really like the C2 cabins on deck 12. Up 1 deck to the bar.

This is what I did for my upcoming Connie cruise. Booked 1116, Sunset Bar is just a few steps away. I will get the full value of my drinks package.

Does Celebrity still allow you to get an unopened can of soda with the package at the bar?

We had similar concerns but found that we really enjoyed some of the bars on the Summit. The Sunset when they had live music was one of our favorites, then back to the cabin (drink in hand), enjoyed about an hour of balcony time followed by a trip to the Martini Bar before going to dinner.

Yes, it changed our routine, but we found it well worthwhile. Also, we have booked very close to a bar for our next trip so one of us can do a quick run back to enjoy balcony time.

I'm sure you will find a way that it works for you!!

This is what I did for my upcoming Connie cruise. Booked 1116, Sunset Bar is just a few steps away. I will get the full value of my drinks package.

Does Celebrity still allow you to get an unopened can of soda with the package at the bar?

We had cabin 1116 on the Summit in August. We loved the room. We had my nephews next store. We had the balcony divider opened, it was great. Yes you can get unopened cans of soda.

Carnival room service will deliver drinks. But I don't think they are included in the Cheers! package price, room service is extra. The mini-bar prices also don't seem out of line with drink prices on the ship, at least not to the extent that I expect mini-bar mark up.

Of course, room service delivery doesn't help if you are relaxing on the balcony. You'd have to be inside to hear the knock.

My only Celebrity experience it was no problem to walk to a bar for each drink- the ship was so small, there wasn't far to go :)

But if most drinking will take place in the cabin, it seems ordering a bottle service (whatever Celebrity calls it) set up for the room, rather than the drinks package, makes more sense.

Every line will deliver, but saying that a package is bad like the OP did because it is not included is, well, everyone on Cruise Critic knows what they ment.

We're trying a stateroom liquor set-up on our next cruise. DH likes a nice bourbon so I ordered a bottle of Blanton's for him; we'll bring a couple bottles of wine for me, and we'll use our drink package for the rest of the time. That should last us through Wednesday, LOL.

Yes, the bottle is an extra expense, but this way we don't have to hope that the most convenient bar stocks his brand consistently.

These forums work so much better when people restrict themselves to genuine questions, however trivial they may seem – and helpful comments without the barbed comments and sarcasm. Or perhaps it is a different kind of humour with different nationalities? (I ran training courses before I retired and I always said to delegates, “there is no such thing as a stupid question if you do not know the answer”)

I rarely post on threads outside of a roll call because of the barbed comments and sarcasm. I appreciate how you handled the rude posts and returned to the thread to recognize those that were offering a friendly response. Sounds like you were able to navigate through the barbs and have the information you were seeking. We also enjoy sitting on the balcony for long periods and we have been known to store up unopened beverages and double shots of preferred liquor to mix later in our cabin. Cheers! :D

On our cruise last fall on the Equinox, we had a late afternoon/pre dinner ceremony of sorts - enjoying cocktails in our room while watching a Top Chef episode or two. We were in Aqua class and it was pretty easy for us to pop up a couple of floors to the bar located in the buffet area, grab a couple of cocktails and head back to the room to enjoy the show. Also, in the day time we are gin and tonic drinkers. We always bring insulated tumblers along with us and ask that the drinks be prepared in those glasses (or else we dump the prepared drinks in the tumblers ourselves.) This helps keep the drinks cold when we are enjoying them outside on our balcony. The drink package is the best thing ever - would heartily recommend.

I'm a scotch drinker, so what I do is throughout the day when I'm not drinking hard stuff I'll pick up a couple of drinks, neat. I stockpile them in the room and when I'm ready to drink them I just add ice. It works for me. I'm pretty sure you could get almost any spirit neat and just add ice or mixer when ready to drink.

I'm a scotch drinker, so what I do is throughout the day when I'm not drinking hard stuff I'll pick up a couple of drinks, neat. I stockpile them in the room and when I'm ready to drink them I just add ice. It works for me. I'm pretty sure you could get almost any spirit neat and just add ice or mixer when ready to drink.

Same here. Although I have on occasion pre-ordered a bar setup through Celebrity Gifts for a bottle of Dewars to be delivered to my cabin. Comes with six cans of your choice of mixers. Also includes an assorted package of nuts. With my daily request for a bucket of ice, I find this option more than meets my needs for quiet time on my balcony with a good book.

I like my bottle of Scotch sitting right right there at my desk, particularly when dressing for dinner, or when stepping out for middle of the night star gazing.

Edited by Constance331

I've noticed lots of comments on here about grabbing a couple of drinks from the bar and stocking the mini-fridge. I just wonder how strict they are with the one drink at a time rule? Would they let me grab a couple of bottles of water and a cocktail at the same time? Just curious. It may be easier to just bring a case of water bottles with me on the boat. I will definitely be brining two bottles of wine!

Very glad I stumbled on this thread. Had no idea that you could order an unopened beer from a bar and bring it back to the room. That could turn out to be very convenient. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, but if I'm really in the mood for a beer while we are getting ready for something, it's nice knowing I can do that. Thanks for the info!

Very glad I stumbled on this thread. Had no idea that you could order an unopened beer from a bar and bring it back to the room. That could turn out to be very convenient. We don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, but if I'm really in the mood for a beer while we are getting ready for something, it's nice knowing I can do that. Thanks for the info!

Works with the Elite cocktail party/coupons as well. It is always nice to have a few beers, bottles of water, and Soda for cabin consumption. We have found on some cruises that they run out of CF Diet Coke and we stock a few for later in the cruise.

Works with the Elite cocktail party/coupons as well. It is always nice to have a few beers, bottles of water, and Soda for cabin consumption. We have found on some cruises that they run out of CF Diet Coke and we stock a few for later in the cruise.

Great idea! Will have to remember this for our next sailing.

Now on the M-class ship book cabins on deck 11 Aqua 1. To get to the bar you go down the aft stairs and there is the bar.

On the S-class ships we really like the C2 cabins on deck 12. Up 1 deck to the bar.

Personally, I'd rather do this than pay for the "stateroom bar service". But that's because it sounds like you still want a drink package for coffee and dinner drinks, so why spend $100 more for the bottle when it can be a flight of stairs away?

I took a cabin on deck 9 and went up one level for soda and beer at the entrance to the OV Cafe. But if I was looking for wine or liquor I would have gone Deck 11 like bigbenboys recommended.