no longer feeling valued

venicia

We have been cruising with RCCL for quite some time. It took us a long, long time before we signed up for Crown & Anchor. When we began cruising it was a way for quick weekend getaways. I will admit it varied between Carnival Fantasy and Royal Caribbean. It depended on which one we could arrange to have our quick long weekends.

We finally wised up and found out there really are benefits to becoming a C&A member. We joined. DH and I each have our own unique C&A number.

Now if you remember these ships, you know that was quite a while back when they sailed from Port Canaveral. But, we gave up on Carnival as it just wasn't our cup of tea anymore, but still stayed fairly faithful to RCCL.

We made it to the Emerald status, and I suppose that is as far as it will go. DH no longer wishes to sail with RCCL, but I still love it and have continued to sail with them.

What is my reason for not feeling valued? I am not able to collect any points since I sail now with a ladies group and my DH no longer sails with me. I just returned from a short cruise on Enchantment in a JR Suite and still have not been elevated to Diamond. (this sailing would have put me into the diamond category) I called C&A and they put me through to the resolution department and NOPE, since hubby has decided he is no longer cruising, my points will stay the same.

Will I no longer do our lady weekend getaways? I'm not sure at this point, especially since I've had everyone of them sign up for C&A so they can accumulate points.

I was also never able to obtain the $25.00 for bring a friend aboard, since every time I requested it from C&A, I was assured it would be there. It never has been, when I inquire after being onboard I'm always told, it is because I received another benefit, such as a WOW sale. Well, yes I did, but you also lowered the price of this WOW sale and I simply accepted it.

I know the flamers are just standing in line to burn me at the stake and that is ok as well. I am just feeling sad that no matter how many more times I sail with RCCL I can never reach that "Diamond" status.

do you really blame me for no longer feeling valued?

... I am not able to collect any points since I sail now with a ladies group and my DH no longer sails with me. I just returned from a short cruise on Enchantment in a JR Suite and still have not been elevated to Diamond. (this sailing would have put me into the diamond category) I called C&A and they put me through to the resolution department and NOPE, since hubby has decided he is no longer cruising, my points will stay the same....

Someone has misinformed you.

You will earn points, no matter who sails or does not sail with you.

What may have happened is that your husband might have more points than you, and since you are linked, you only see his point total on the website. You are still accumulating points, and once your's exceed his, you will see your total on the website.

Edited by clarea

You most certainly can collect points on your own.

What I think hades happened is that your husband had more points than you and until you catch up with him you will not see your status. Change,

You need to compare yours and his accounts to make sure that you have received the refit for all the cruises that you have taken.

Call C&A and not the regular number.

You most certainly can collect points on your own.

What I think hades happened is that your husband had more points than you and until you catch up with him you will not see your status. Change,

You need to compare yours and his accounts to make sure that you have received the refit for all the cruises that you have taken.

Call C&A and not the regular number.

I agree with Bob and Ken.

The number is 800-526-9723. Call now. They are on the west coast and are open "late".

thanks for all your replies and each of you have actually indicated what resolutions told me. My question to them was, how could he have accumulated more points than me since I have cruised before he ever cruised and still have continued to cruise with them. I should have many more points than him, but I was told they "household' the points.

will try calling back again, and I did call the C&A number, they put me through to resolutions. Next time will ask for a supervisor, I love our quick ladies weekends and we always have JR suites.

again thanks for listening to me and your advice!

thanks for all your replies and each of you have actually indicated what resolutions told me. My question to them was, how could he have accumulated more points than me since I have cruised before he ever cruised and still have continued to cruise with them. I should have many more points than him, but I was told they "household' the points.

will try calling back again, and I did call the C&A number, they put me through to resolutions. Next time will ask for a supervisor, I love our quick ladies weekends and we always have JR suites.

again thanks for listening to me and your advice!

Perhaps they missed giving you points for some of your cruises.

Do what Ken suggests and print out the history of your cruises. You will have to log in as yourself, print your cruise list, and then log in as your husband and print his cruise list. Check for discrepancies.

I cruise a lot more than DH does. He shares my status. If he cruises without me, his points will add to HIS number, but will not change his status since he alone would have a status several levels below what it is due to ours being linked. But as I cruise without him we both get closer to the next level of C&A.

For those old cruises you took on Royal Caribbean, You may can get some credit for them if you can dig up any pictures like boarding photos or any kind of on board spending statements form your scrapbook.

You definitely need to check your cruise history and make sure that all of the cruises that you sailed are listed. BEFORE calling Royal have all of your ship/sail dates listed so that they can check your information and update your history. It is always a good idea to retain your invoices or set sail passes so they can be presented to confirm your cruise history.

None of the posts here are flaming you...everyone is just trying to help you get what you should have in terms of C & A recognition. Hope it all works out for you!

You definitely need to check your cruise history and make sure that all of the cruises that you sailed are listed. BEFORE calling Royal have all of your ship/sail dates listed so that they can check your information and update your history. It is always a good idea to retain your invoices or set sail passes so they can be presented to confirm your cruise history.

None of the posts here are flaming you...everyone is just trying to help you get what you should have in terms of C & A recognition. Hope it all works out for you!

Royal Caribbean sometimes has a history of not crediting correctly every one of your cruises. This dates back to before the year 2000. Their computer bank has been quite accurate from that time forward, but before then, it is probably up to you to provide proof of sailing with them.

I cannot think of a soul here, that would not like to see you get the points that you deserve. I hope you get everything worked out with Royal. C&A resolutions is probably the best place to get the help needed.

Let us know how it turns out.:)

Rick