Caribbean Tier Members

ravenscourt

Take care 'just going to the front' of the check-in queue though...

I was checking in once and our letter had been called. I went to stand where I was told to. My check in lady called us over and I was then promptly set upon by a man in the next desk queue who had been waiting for ages which I obviously didn't know. I was just doing what I was told.

He really went for me, saying ' I knew what you were up to as soon as you walked in that queue! I could see your type, the way you moved down there. I saw you'. I was really taken aback.

So wear protective armour!

Mmm! interesting

P&O have to be careful with this. Are you told to go to the front of the queue or immediately join the rear of the short queue waiting to be directed to a particular desk? The former could result in misunderstanding and even an assault. This would put P&O in a very sticky position legally.

Mmm! interesting

P&O have to be careful with this. Are you told to go to the front of the queue or immediately join the rear of the short queue waiting to be directed to a particular desk? The former could result in misunderstanding and even an assault. This would put P&O in a very sticky position legally.

That is why P&O should retain designated Priority Desks for Caribbean + passengers.

I emailed Christopher Edgington about the new procedures and he replied pretty much by return, but just to say he would pass it on to his team. I have been in communication with them for the past few days and just find the whole thing very frustrating,

I tried to make the point was that people who lived nearby can tailor their arrival time to suit but those of us travelling by coach or staying overnight have no option but to arrive either when the coach arrives or when the hotel chucks us out! She really didn't consider the Caribbean + Tier issue at all and her last sentence was

I am sorry that I was not able to alleviate your concerns regarding our new check in process. While I appreciate your comments, I would once again like to reiterate that the changes have been made as a result of customer feedback. We have trialled these changes on a few cruises prior to making the change, and I can confirm that overall the changes have been well received.

They know there's been a lot of negative chat on social media but it doesn't seem to matter.

Edited by tartanexile81

Take care 'just going to the front' of the check-in queue though...

I was checking in once and our letter had been called. I went to stand where I was told to. My check in lady called us over and I was then promptly set upon by a man in the next desk queue who had been waiting for ages which I obviously didn't know. I was just doing what I was told.

He really went for me, saying ' I knew what you were up to as soon as you walked in that queue! I could see your type, the way you moved down there. I saw you'. I was really taken aback.

So wear protective armour!

Hahaha, I know I shouldn't laugh but this is what is going to happen. Poor you I would have felt so embarrassed but no more so than the stressed out passenger who accosted you. Everyone beware:eek::eek:

With cruises getting cheaper and cheaper there will soon be more top tier cruisers than newbies per cruise, this is what's happening on RCI their diamond lounges are now overcrowded with people wanting free drinks and lots of their other perks have been cut.

Times are changing, I'm thankful we can go on these fantastic cruises..[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

Yes agree, too many of the "I've been loyal for 30 years" cruisers. I am Mediterranean tier - big deal. I like my 8.5% discount on spend. The slippers are awful. As for the pins, straight in the bin. I don't do the Peninsular parties. Queuing up for a free drink - nah, rather be in Andersons at 7.30. I don't care what time I get on board, as long as I get on.

Me thinks I might have poked my tongue out and wiggled my fingers at the end of my nose at him.

Cheek.

As a normally very chatty person and also one who can give as good as they get when necessary, I was actually speechless!!

And just hoping he wasn't going to be on our table at dinner!

As a normally very chatty person and also one who can give as good as they get when necessary, I was actually speechless!!

And just hoping he wasn't going to be on our table at dinner!

Can you imagine the conversation around that table. Manners might have been a topic.:rolleyes:

Yes agree, too many of the "I've been loyal for 30 years" cruisers. I am Mediterranean tier - big deal. I like my 8.5% discount on spend. The slippers are awful. As for the pins, straight in the bin. I don't do the Peninsular parties. Queuing up for a free drink - nah, rather be in Andersons at 7.30. I don't care what time I get on board, as long as I get on.

So you are saying that Caribbean + should not moan about having their benefits reduced so you wouldnt moan on here or to P&O if they reduced or stopped your 8.5% discount on spend...........I am sure you would have a moan. Its the same principle why should you receive 8.5% discount just because you have done more cruises.......mindblowing.

Edited by majortom10

I agree they waste money on tat - goes straight in our bin too.

Agree with everything you've said! But then again we aren't particularly loyal to P&O and don't get het up about any so called perks. We don't go to the Peninsular parties either, what a scrum. Not even the discount on onboard spend is really important to me... let's face it, you've spent thousands on your cabin for the cruise, so your onboard spend discount is pretty insignificant on your total spend, whatever tier you're at.

Agree with everything you've said! But then again we aren't particularly loyal to P&O and don't get het up about any so called perks. We don't go to the Peninsular parties either, what a scrum. Not even the discount on onboard spend is really important to me... let's face it, you've spent thousands on your cabin for the cruise, so your onboard spend discount is pretty insignificant on your total spend, whatever tier you're at.

Glad you think they are a scrum and keep away makes them less of a scrum than you think they are.

Nobody is talking about discount being withdrawn - most cruiselines do it. I get a small discount on Fred. But to withdraw priority boarding is just so minor! And imagine all the Caribbean Baltic and Ligurian all turning up at 11.30?!!

Edited by jeanlyon

Nobody is talking about discount being withdrawn - most cruiselines do it. I get a small discount on Fred. But to withdraw priority boarding is just so minor! And imagine all the Caribbean Baltic and Ligurian all turning up at 11.30?!!

I agree that nobody is talking about removing discounts it was an example because you find benefits that you personally dont get being withdrawn as minor and mindblowing. It is easy to say its no great problem to remove Peninsular Club benefits that you dont personally get but I bet if they did remove a benefit that you do get i.e. 8.5% discount then you would have a different opinion and you would then moan and whinge and not then find them minor or mindblowing.

I enjoy the perks we get for being Caribbean level and, in addition we have been lucky enough to travel in a suite for several cruises. It wouldn't make me stop going with P&O if these were withdrawn but it does make a lovely start to our cruises from Southampton. When we last cruised in July we were at the Mayflower Terminal, the first time we'd been there since the re-build. We hardly had time to look around at all the improvements as we were whisked straight to a check in desk then straight through security and before we knew it we were on board having the complimentary lunch - yes it's only hot and cold type canapes but they were delicious and we enjoyed the several glasses of champagne that accompanied it. We were in one of the lounges, chatting to the people at the next table, it was all very leisurely and pleasant - yes we enjoy it, yes we like not having to go up to the buffet. We appreciate the 10% discount we get on our on board spend.

I recently had a survey asking what "perks" we thought could be given to Suite passengers - well we enjoy the ones we already have. I appreciate that other cruiselines may well have more "perks" like free internet and laundry etc. which would be very nice but we are happy with what we receive at the moment.

Of course all this only applies to cruises from Southampton. When we are on a fly cruise then as passengers arrive on different flights at different times there is no priority lunch or anything - it wouldn't be possible.

If having hot and cold canapés and several glasses of champers is what floats your boat, fine, but does it matter whether you get this at 12 noon, 1300 or 1400? All they are doing is trying to stagger the hundreds of people that are arriving at 11.30 in the morning.

So you are saying that Caribbean + should not moan about having their benefits reduced so you wouldnt moan on here or to P&O if they reduced or stopped your 8.5% discount on spend...........I am sure you would have a moan. Its the same principle why should you receive 8.5% discount just because you have done more cruises.......mindblowing.

Good point. :)

If having hot and cold canapés and several glasses of champers is what floats your boat, fine, but does it matter whether you get this at 12 noon, 1300 or 1400? All they are doing is trying to stagger the hundreds of people that are arriving at 11.30 in the morning.

To us, yes it does matter. We are Caribbean and have earned priority embarkation by the amount of cruises we have done with P&O.

P&O know how many passengers there are in suites,Ligurian and Caribbean grades - why not just allocate them the earliest slots ?

I agree with the others, it would bother you if it was being taken away from you.

It may be minor to some people and others may look down their noses at the fact it bothers us and others may find it mind-blowing that it matters to some people. However it made a real difference to the start of our cruise.

We have an 8 hour journey to get to Southampton and the added expense of staying in a hotel overnight so the next morning we want to get up and get on the ship as soon as possible, not killing time wandering around Southampton which isn't a city we'd ever visit again if it weren't for cruising.

I honestly don't know how many cruises I've done and I NEVER EVER tell anybody what loyalty tier I'm on (unless I am asked) but I do appreciate being rewarded for loyalty in whatever aspect of life I participate, not just with a cruise line. This was a benefit that was important to us, however difficult that is for others to understand.