Does Soda and More Package include Milkshakes?

cruzhappy88

http://www.shipcruise.org/princess-cruises-alcohol-policy/

Especially this part

Unlimited Soda & More for $8.05 per day – This package offers unlimited soft drinks and bonus cocktails, shakes, floats, juices, and hot chocolate – complimentary throughout your voyage.

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams)

Edited by ccruisequeen

http://www.shipcruise.org/princess-cruises-alcohol-policy/

Especially this part

Unlimited Soda & More for $8.05 per day – This package offers unlimited soft drinks and bonus cocktails, shakes, floats, juices, and hot chocolate – complimentary throughout your voyage.

That is an article from a third-party site dated six weeks ago.

All references to milkshakes--not just as part of the Soda & More package, but even being available at all from Scoops--were deleted from the Princess website late last week.

Around the same time they decided not to carry on water and sodas I bet!😠

However, the pdf I just downloaded from the site does include malts and ice cream sodas

http://www.princess.com/cruise_vacation_planning/groups/Group_Bar_&_Beverage_Packages.pdf

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams)

Edited by ccruisequeen

Not surprised that form hasn't been updated; likely it will disappear completely--how many people will be ordering by fax now that the various drinks packages can be ordered through the personalizer.

...but someone posted on one of the competing "soda package" threads that they cannot find the Soda & More package in their personalizer. I wonder if it has been temporarily removed while the terms are being revised; hopefully someone else with a live booking will chime in. (I don't have one at the moment--but hopefully will by the end of the year)

Not surprised that form hasn't been updated; likely it will disappear completely--how many people will be ordering by fax now that the various drinks packages can be ordered through the personalizer.

...but someone posted on one of the competing "soda package" threads that they cannot find the Soda & More package in their personalizer. I wonder if it has been temporarily removed while the terms are being revised; hopefully someone else with a live booking will chime in. (I don't have one at the moment--but hopefully will by the end of the year)

I have a cruise in 5 days and the Soda & More package is available through my Cruise Personalizer but no shakes are available.

"Unlimited Soda & More Package$8.05 per person, per day

Indulge in this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package that includes the Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout your cruise.

The Unlimited Soda package is available to preorder but some recent posts said it wasn't available to purchase onboard their ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I have a cruise in 5 days and the Soda & More package is available through my Cruise Personalizer but no shakes are available.

"Unlimited Soda & More Package$8.05 per person, per day

Indulge in this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package that includes the Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, and hot chocolate throughout your cruise.

The Unlimited Soda package is available to preorder but some recent posts said it wasn't available to purchase onboard their ship.

shows up in mine too. We go in 308 hours if I was counting at all

Around the same time they decided not to carry on water and sodas I bet![emoji34]

However, the pdf I just downloaded from the site does include malts and ice cream sodas

http://www.princess.com/cruise_vacation_planning/groups/Group_Bar_&_Beverage_Packages.pdf

27926-profile.png

This is for group sales, and it's old. It's possible that the group department hasn't yet updated their version.

This is for group sales, and it's old. It's possible that the group department hasn't yet updated their version.

I certainly HOPE it's not true and that they are included!! I already purchased the package for July.

Edited by denatravels

I asked my TA and she said that they are included but only in Sundaes and Scoops ice cream place. They are not included on the Ocean, Pacific, Royal or Regal since they do not have the ice cream places.

Royal and Regal do have ice cream (soft serve, just like the other ships) places called Swirls near the pools on deck 16. However, they do not have milkshake making equipment.

Yes I just ordered my first Choco Banana and you have to order it at the bar; although it is not made with the same homemade icecream as the Scoops malts are.

Both are good, but have different taste you have to try one of each to see what you enjoy. Last malt was on the Grand in Sept. and all I can say is can't wait to have more next summer.

I love those Choco Banana drinks. I like them because they use coconut milk. I can't tolerate milk well so this is a great treat for me.

candi

Royal and Regal do have ice cream (soft serve, just like the other ships) places called Swirls near the pools on deck 16. However, they do not have milkshake making equipment.

Makes me wonder why left off the newest ships. Low demand? Cost savings? Real ice cream beats that soft serve stuff any day.

Makes me wonder why left off the newest ships. Low demand? Cost savings? Real ice cream beats that soft serve stuff any day.

I agree, and I swear their soft serve is ice milk. It doesn't taste like real ice cream to me. I realize tastes are different and some really like their soft serve. I think it is more like Dairy Queen than Carvel IMO.

I agree, and I swear their soft serve is ice milk. It doesn't taste like real ice cream to me. I realize tastes are different and some really like their soft serve. I think it is more like Dairy Queen than Carvel IMO.
Soft serve isn't "real" ice cream. It can vary from icy to smooth depending upon the amount of air added to the mix. On some Princess ships they have the machines set to add enough air to the mix to make the soft serve creamy and on others they don't and it is icy.

ok, this discussion of soft serve vs. 'real icecream' has me wondering. Do they still serve real, homemade icecream in the HC in the afternoon?

No.

This was a case of be careful what you ask for.

Back when the HC had the ice cream hour people complained that soft serve was not available as it is on some other cruise lines.

So, Princess changed Scoops/Swirls/???? to stop selling branded ice cream and start having free soft serve. With that, the afternoon ice cream hour in the HC was eliminated.

The exception is oin the small ships (Pacific, Ocean) which do not have soft serve. To my knowledge, they still have the afternoon ice cream hour in the buffet on those two ships.

This is one area where IMHO, Celebrity comes out the winner. On their newer ships, hard ice cream is available all day in the buffet, as well as soft serve, and they have candy toppings for it as well! We definitely miss that on Princess.