Na retreat cabana b2b

marti2282

We are sailing a b2b eastern and western Caribbean on the NA in November. As soon as we booked, I called ship's services and tried to book a retreat cabana. Was told there was no availability, but that I could check back and perhaps something would open up.

A couple of weeks later, I called and was able to secure one for the first week of our voyage. None available for the second week. Today I called to see if I could book for week two. The CSR told me that there were none AND that they were technically not allowed to book just one week of the voyage. Told him I was happy to book both weeks. He wanted me to hold while he spoke to someone about our reservation for week one -- it should not have been allowed.

Was so afraid that he was going to cancel our reservation, that I told him it was necessary to check and that I appreciated his time, bye-bye.

I don't understand why they would not gladly book just one week.

I understand your frustration but a Collectors Cruise is considered one voyage and not broken into segments. You will have same cabin, same assigned dining table if you took Traditional Dinning and you should be same cabana. They likely did make an error in booking you for the one week and I would suggest checking back frequently on the HAL webpage to be sure you still have the booking. Hopefully, one will free up and you will be able to book for the whole voyage.

Pay closest attention at final payment time... that is when someone may cancel.

I know how you feel.

We are able to pre-book specialty restaurants on Collectors Cruises.

But if we want to book more specialty restaurants once on the ship for the second segment -- Nope -- they can't do that.

The same rules apply for shore excursions -- can pre-book for entire Collectors Cruises for both weeks but once on the ship only one segment at a time.

That's really strange. Just goes to show you how popular they are. I'm really excited about having one for my October cruise which I booked a while back. I hope the other week frees up for you op. If you have the confirmation for the one week make sure to bring it with you.

I know how you feel.

We are able to pre-book specialty restaurants on Collectors Cruises.

But if we want to book more specialty restaurants once on the ship for the second segment -- Nope -- they can't do that.

The same rules apply for shore excursions -- can pre-book for entire Collectors Cruises for both weeks but once on the ship only one segment at a time.

That's a pita for sure. I don't like to book too many ahead because the exchange rate is brutal and I have obc to use.

Be persistent I was told several times that a cabana was not open for a upcoming cruise and then called one day for a totally different reason and when they said, anything else I can do? I asked again and she said "hold on". Came back and said, actually, yes, we do have one!! Glad I asked!

We have a single reservation number so guess that means we are one a collectors cruise. And you can be assured that I have printed the confirmation and it is in my travel folder!

I will continue to check to see if something opens for week two, but since we are past final payment, I'm not too hopeful.

But, does the OP have a B2B on separate reservation numbers, or a Collector's Cruise on a single rezzie number?

I thought of that but from what OP said, it sounds to me like Collectors.

Hopefully, they will clarify.

We have a single reservation number so guess that means we are one a collectors cruise. And you can be assured that I have printed the confirmation and it is in my travel folder!

I will continue to check to see if something opens for week two, but since we are past final payment, I'm not too hopeful.

Marti2282,

I've been looking at your signature time and again and cannot figure out what all the symbols represent. I've seen some make designs like ships, cats and others but I cannot figure out yours. :o

Help?? :D

Marti2282,

I've been looking at your signature time and again and cannot figure out what all the symbols represent. I've seen some make designs like ships, cats and others but I cannot figure out yours. :o

It looks like waves and fish to me. :). Looks great.

OP must have posted as I was typing.

I had not refreshed my screen and did not see that post.

Sorry as I am sure it is annoying.

Should I ask Host Walt to remove it?

It's not annoying at all to me given the things that people post. Sometimes I'm simply flabbergasted at the things people think it's ok to say. It makes me sick. Sorry to go off on a tangent. I wouldn't bother asking to have it removed. I just thought you had missed it:).

It's not annoying at all to me given the things that people post. Sometimes I'm simply flabbergasted at the things people think it's ok to say. It makes me sick. Sorry to go off on a tangent. I wouldn't bother asking to have it removed. I just thought you had missed it:).

so agree with this.

I always find as we (or I) get critical it's always good to look in the mirror to take a good look at how we are posting ;)

We are sailing a b2b eastern and western Caribbean on the NA in November. As soon as we booked, I called ship's services and tried to book a retreat cabana. Was told there was no availability, but that I could check back and perhaps something would open up.

A couple of weeks later, I called and was able to secure one for the first week of our voyage. None available for the second week. Today I called to see if I could book for week two. The CSR told me that there were none AND that they were technically not allowed to book just one week of the voyage. Told him I was happy to book both weeks. He wanted me to hold while he spoke to someone about our reservation for week one -- it should not have been allowed.

Was so afraid that he was going to cancel our reservation, that I told him it was necessary to check and that I appreciated his time, bye-bye.

I don't understand why they would not gladly book just one week.

OK, so you have essentially booked two cruises, but under one reservation number. But I could book just one of those cruises, correct? And I could book a cabana for my cruise, yes? So if I could book a cabana for one week, you should be able to do so, also. I can understand if the cruise was sold only as a two-week cruise. Pricing would be based on two weeks. But if the cruise can be purchased for just one week, and a cabana can be purchased for one week, you should be able to purchase a cabana for one week.

Do cabanas show on the voyage personalizer? If so you should check to make sure someone didn't "fix" the "error." If you can't check the VP, check your credit card to make sure they haven't cancelled your cabana and credited the cost back to your card.

OK, so you have essentially booked two cruises, but under one reservation number. But I could book just one of those cruises, correct? And I could book a cabana for my cruise, yes? So if I could book a cabana for one week, you should be able to do so, also. I can understand if the cruise was sold only as a two-week cruise. Pricing would be based on two weeks. But if the cruise can be purchased for just one week, and a cabana can be purchased for one week, you should be able to purchase a cabana for one week.

Do cabanas show on the voyage personalizer? If so you should check to make sure someone didn't "fix" the "error." If you can't check the VP, check your credit card to make sure they haven't cancelled your cabana and credited the cost back to your card.

If the op had 2 booking numbers they could do it. Trust me I've booked these cabanas a few times. You have to book it for a whole time. The only way you can avoid that is to go on the cruise and wait for the second week to roll around. At that time try to book one. I know because I did this. The cabana booking doesn't show on the personalizer. It's odd that the op was able to book the one week but likely happened because the other was sold out.

Marti2282,

Yes, it's my version of fish at sea!

We were on a B2B and the only option was to book a cabana for the whole trip, unless we wanted to wait until we were on the ship and hope there was availability.