Looking at Navigator, or X Constellation

This would be during a college spring break week. My daughter is 22, a senior in college, and her spring break plans with friends fell through. I don't have anything booked until next year's Harmony TA, and this would break up the year nicely.

She's cruised many times, but never an itinerary with Key West.

I've been looking at a 6 day on Navi, Western Caribbean. Because she only gets a week, the 6 days will be tight, but it's do-able. Someone posted on the RC FB page about a recent cruise on Celebrity. I checked it out, and they're offering a 5 day, Key West and Cozumel, on the Constellation, which includes 2 free drink pkgs., internet for 2, gratuities, and I think they also offered one complimentary meal in a specialty restaurant. Both sail out of Ft. Lauderdale. Of course it's a day shorter, but it's quite a bit less, especially if you factor in the drink pkg. and all the other "stuff."

I've been wanting to try Celebrity...might just book it tomorrow.

I recently sailed on the Summit, sister ship to the Constellation I believe. First cruise on Celebrity after over 25 on Royal. We were very disappointed. Older ship, age skews much older. Food in the MDR is equivalent to Royal. They say Celebrity is more premium than Royal, we didn't find that to be true. I have been on Navigator 3 times, the last being earlier this year. Hands down I would choose the Navigator.

I recently sailed on the Summit, sister ship to the Constellation I believe. First cruise on Celebrity after over 25 on Royal. We were very disappointed. Older ship, age skews much older. Food in the MDR is equivalent to Royal. They say Celebrity is more premium than Royal, we didn't find that to be true. I have been on Navigator 3 times, the last being earlier this year. Hands down I would choose the Navigator.

Interesting. I'm wondering if because it's a big college spring break week, there might be a younger crowd on board. Do college kids sail on Celebrity?

As far as the food goes, I'm not expecting food that's over-the-top better. More interested in a different menu. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but Constellation was refurbished back in 2013, "Solstisized." If they have a suite restaurant, I'd also have access to that.

I think I might pay our local travel agent a visit today. I've always booked on my own, but curious to see what they might offer.

Still not ruling out the Navi.

:)

As of late, we've been splitting our cruises between Royal and Celebrity. While we haven't sailed Constellation, we've sailed Summit. I think your daughter will enjoy Navigator more than a Celebrity Millennium Class ship. We love Celebrity but when we sail with them, our expectations are a very relaxing cruise. I do think the dining options are a step up but the shows and entertainment are not and it can be pretty quiet around the pool on sea days. If you were looking for a quiet escape, I would recommend the Constellation cruise. We haven't seen too man Spring Breakers on Celebrity.

As of late, we've been splitting our cruises between Royal and Celebrity. While we haven't sailed Constellation, we've sailed Summit. I think your daughter will enjoy Navigator more than a Celebrity Millennium Class ship. We love Celebrity but when we sail with them, our expectations are a very relaxing cruise. I do think the dining options are a step up but the shows and entertainment are not and it can be pretty quiet around the pool on sea days. If you were looking for a quiet escape, I would recommend the Constellation cruise. We haven't seen too man Spring Breakers on Celebrity.

Would it be a little less subdued during a college spring break week? Do college kids also flock to Celebrity during this time?

Both have merit, but I have done Naviagtor twice in last 2 years, really nice ship that was totally refurbished last year with great features, Celebrity just does not have the entertainment that RCCL has. Ice show also is great on RCCL

Not surprised to see a lot of the responses, I prefer Royal over celebrity as well (I'm 27 to provide some context). I've sailed constellation within the last year and a Royal freedom class ship - not the same as Navigator I know but I would say pretty comparable in features/amenities. I'll start by saying that the constellation is a very nice ship. No you will not have a promenade or flowrider or big screen next to the pool - all things I enjoy I might add. Constellation does offer an indoor pool (in case of poor weather), some very good specialty restaurants, and some good activities. The food and theater shows are pretty similar between Royal and X - its a toss up on a cruise by cruise basis. For those that think there isn't a lot of young people on a celebrity spring break cruise - I urge you to read the reviews from celebrity constellation in march 14'. Half of the ship (literally) turned out to be college aged. This is not to say they flocked to a celebrity ship but I think any cruise line that has a ship doing shorter itineraries in march is very susceptible to spring break crowds. I won't reference any specific TAs but the price for an oceanview for a 5 day march cruise was 520pp which included a beverage package and 300 on board credit. I believe the offer is still out there but I could be wrong. It was just hard to say no to that price when Royal would have been a little less than double.

Would it be a little less subdued during a college spring break week? Do college kids also flock to Celebrity during this time?

Seven days or longer? No but I've never done a short Celebrity during Spring Brink so I can't attest to that.

Not surprised to see a lot of the responses, I prefer Royal over celebrity as well (I'm 27 to provide some context). I've sailed constellation within the last year and a Royal freedom class ship - not the same as Navigator I know but I would say pretty comparable in features/amenities. I'll start by saying that the constellation is a very nice ship. No you will not have a promenade or flowrider or big screen next to the pool - all things I enjoy I might add. Constellation does offer an indoor pool (in case of poor weather), some very good specialty restaurants, and some good activities. The food and theater shows are pretty similar between Royal and X - its a toss up on a cruise by cruise basis. For those that think there isn't a lot of young people on a celebrity spring break cruise - I urge you to read the reviews from celebrity constellation in march 14'. Half of the ship (literally) turned out to be college aged. This is not to say they flocked to a celebrity ship but I think any cruise line that has a ship doing shorter itineraries in march is very susceptible to spring break crowds. I won't reference any specific TAs but the price for an oceanview for a 5 day march cruise was 520pp which included a beverage package and 300 on board credit. I believe the offer is still out there but I could be wrong. It was just hard to say no to that price when Royal would have been a little less than double.

Yes, the offer is still out there. I booked it directly through Celebrity.

I was able to get Sky Suite #6145, and the deal included a Premium Beverage Pkg. for 2 (like Ultimate on RC, covers everything), $150/pp obc, unlimited internet for 2, gratuities, and a specialty restaurant dinner. Oh, and a butler. This particular SS is aft, and there are only 2 on board with this lay out. It's larger and has a better bathroom. Tub, larger shower, and double sinks. Someone on the Celebrity board told me that if it was available, I should book it immediately. Then someone else posted this video:

Sky suites seem like the JS of Celebrity, meaning no access to "Michael's Club," which is their CL for higher end suites, BUT I will have access for 3 meals daily in Luminae, their suite restaurant, and also access to Blu, which is another specialty restaurant for their spa class cabins. With an added premium pkg., there's really no need for cl access, and I guess if I didn't feel like booking my own dinner reservations or spa appointments, I won't need a concierge, the butler can do it for me. :o With my Diamond C&A status on RC, I'm automatically Elite status on X. Some nice perks, including a free bag of wash and fold laundry.

As far as activities on board, I doubt my daughter would go on the Flowrider or climb the rock wall. She did that as a teen, but been there done that. Same with the ice show. She's not going to miss it. At 22, I'm sure she'll be happy drinking Margaritas by the pool with all the other spring breakers.

So, it was a good deal, the timing works best for her schedule, and we get to go to Key West (she's never been) and Cozumel (meh, we've been there many times), but I guess another trip to Nachi Cocom won't seem so bad after a Chicago winter. I've been wanting to give Celebrity a try, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. :D

Been on Navigator once (after refurb) & on Constellation 3 different times. Love the Connie & enjoyed the Navigator The premium beverage package is wonderful on Celebrity. A spring break on either will be full of college kids & pretty lively.

We sailed on the Constellation last March Break-5 day sailing. There were 10 of us all in our early 50's and LOVED it!!!! There were approx. 400 students from the University of Florida and they looked liked they were having a great, great time too!!!! For us the food was delicious, ship was beautiful and Celebrity was great!!!! This March Break we are sailing on the Navigator of the Seas and she looks like a beauty was well. Enjoy your March Break with your daughter, make it your best cruise ever!!!!

Just looked at the offer again. It's premium bev pkg. for 2, internet, $150pp obc, and gratuitues.

If I'm Diamond on RC, on Celebrity I'll be???

Elite status. I would do this one myself.

I've been on both ships a couple times and I love both. I would choose the Navigator if just comparing ships but when figuring routes, Key West is a fun place to be during Spring Break and very safe. Constellation is very lively, especially around the martini bar, on short cruises. With the deal Celebrity is offering, I'd have a hard time choosing something else.

Can someone please tell me the dates..I'm looking for an end of April but could switch to March. April on the constellation looks to be longer cruises and I was looking for ones shorter in length. I am leaning towards navigator, we have only sailed royal. Thanks for any help :-)

Edited by Heytray41