Princess Cruises vessel to transfer to P&O Australia fleet

If it was a choice between the Pearl or The Jewel being dumped from their line up , I would hope it was The Jewel . Although I would sail on any ship I did find it a bit lacking in places to sit and did not feel it was welcoming as The Pearl in its Decor . At breakfast on the morning of departure was sitting with 8 people i DiDnt know and they were all complaining all of of them said they would not sail On The Jewel again. P&O has its shortfalls and after the Jewel being disappointing decided to try Princess line was sure this would suit me better ..Sailed on the Golden Princess found the ratio of Very eldery with many walkers and oxygen tanks a little dampening, I like old people , I i like young people but Not as the whole group in the ship. I work in the area where giving assistance to those in need is part of my job, I felt like I was not getting away from my work, It's not a nice fact but is a fact that The very elderly , like the very young make a lot more noises when eating. Sitting in the buffet at meal times was surrounded by Constant clearing of throats , harrumphing , and one unfortunate time directly in front of me a man hawking up some of his food . Also the conversation was filled with a lot of discussions on illness and who had what and who had died .. My mum is 80 and can dance me under the table and has the most extrovert fun group I'm not anti old just enmasse found it did not feel like a fun holiday . The princess Dawn may end up with a New Sparkle .

Am trying the Solstice line in December

I like old people , I i like young people but Not as the whole group in the ship.

I have only sailed on Princess once - Sea Princess to NZ. As a 69YO -- I also found it to be full of OLD PEOPLE!!! Last year, I "reluctantly" went on a Carnival Spirit cruise -- I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Since then, cruises with RCCL and NCL have told me that this is the way for me to go -- very suspicious about Princess now. I also am looking forward to seeing how P&O changes itself to a younger attitude. Personally, I am really tired of the old whingers - the "I'll never sail with XYZ again" crowd!!!

Barry

Edited by bazzaw

Gee, things must have changed on local Princess cruises.

We haven't done one since 2011 on the Diamond to NZ and it was full of kids and families:eek:

Even the Dawn Princess in 2009 to the South Pacific was a mixed age group.

I am thinking that now there is Celebrity, RCI and Carnival, they are attracting the younger group, whereas years ago we only had P&O and Princess.

Fairstar days the oldies and the youngies booked that ship out season after season, we are spoiled for choice now.

Chez

As a person who is under 50 I prefer sailing with Princess. I don't care much for Celebrity. RCL was fine to sail with but I generally stick with Princess now.

Curious Icat , what was it about Celebrity you didn't take too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Introducing Pacific Explorer

Hold on to your hats because something big is coming in 2017. Pacific Explorer, P&O's newest addition, will be joining our fleet with fresh designs reflecting the best of modern Australia.

Quoted from P & O website. K

Introducing Pacific Explorer

Hold on to your hats because something big is coming in 2017. Pacific Explorer, P&O's newest addition, will be joining our fleet with fresh designs reflecting the best of modern Australia.

Quoted from P & O website. K

New ship or recycled?

• 2 weeks later...

I started a rumour recently whilst on board P&O UK's Aurora and Oriana that the two ships would probably go to P&O Australia or Princess Australia in the next 5 years. The Poms nearly strung me from ye olde yard arm. LOL.

The Brits love those two old girls, Aurora is 15 years old and Oriana is 20 years old. But it would not surprise me if one came here in a few years. Aurora is in pretty good nick having had a £20 million dry dock last December, but oh dear Oriana is really showing her age, I did the 'behind the scenes tour' (for £70) on Oriana, she needs big money spent on her.

Edited by NSWP

Don't forget the Oceana she is even older.

Indeed Sarah then Princess Australia could have 4 'Sun Class' vessels. Sun, Dawn,Sea and Oceana. 'Oceana Princess' I like it. But 'Pacific Oceana' for P&O Australia, that sounds nice too.

Edited by NSWP

P&O Australia getting its usual hand me down ships with much hoopla and cheering. Perhaps the name Pacific Sunset would be appropriate! The spin doctors will work overtime blabbing on about the 'new' 20 year old addition to the fleet.

A good ship though and just the right size, we did Hawaii in 2010 on her and will be on-board in Feb 2016 for Fiji but with Princess, not P&O.

Indeed Sarah then Princess Australia could have 4 'Sun Class' vessels. Sun, Dawn,Sea and Oceana. 'Oceana Princess' I like it. But 'Pacific Oceana' for P&O Australia, that sounds nice too.

Good luck getting that from PO UK. I was on her in September. I thought she was looking tired compared to Dawn, Sea and Sun. However, those Brits love her. One couple at my dining table one night go every year on her cause they like the size of the ships.

And at 14 nights for $1300 inside cabin. She started to look pretty good to me. I would go on her again at similar price. The itinerary was fabulous. PO UK does a lot of the fly in fly out cruises back to backs for the Brits.

Edited by icat2000