Oceania loyalty program is awful

cassandra44

Well he did get the value of the cruises that he went on, and that's worth something. And, he got to meet me and you just can't put a value on that. :eek:

The perks are nice, but we aren't spending the money for the cruise to get the perks, we're spending it to go on the cruise.

PS, knowing Dan I'm sure he got a better return in value than 1% on the money he spent for his cruises. He's a reward hog.

Gotta say...meeting you was a bonus, beyond fiscal calculation......you and your wife are jewels to be venerated

And I stick to my policy, don't spend 1$ that you don't get $1.25 in return !!!

And that's real loyalty. Although Karen and Bill are on a 180 day now; they must be close to the 70's.

The Koehls (sp?) were over 700 days last Jan so they must be close to 90 cruises by now ;)

The Koehls (sp?) were over 700 days last Jan so they must be close to 90 cruises by now ;)

O had to create a new loyalty level for them and AFAIK they are the only ones in it (though I know some others that will join them in that level soon :))

O had to create a new loyalty level for them and AFAIK they are the only ones in it (though I know some others that will join them in that level soon :))

I think there is another couple not too far behind then

We met them back in 2004 on our 1st O cruise & see them occasionally on the winter Caribbean cruises

I can only dream of having that many cruises :D

I think there is another couple not too far behind then

We met them back in 2004 on our 1st O cruise & see them occasionally on the winter Caribbean cruises

I can only dream of having that many cruises :D

It's all good stuff. To do it we would just about have to live on board. Everyone stay healthy and keep on trying. We will. :):):)

The real reward is sailing on Oceania , with great fellow passengers and the feel of the ship and the depth of dining options. I really don't even care if they have any rewards program.

When you play hop-scotch and play the field you will get variety. However, that variety is not all that great in my experience. I feel, having sailed on most all the "others" that they an just a let down for me and my dollars, while maybe less, are on the others a poor return on my investment.

As to the comment that if I spent 75K with Oceiana and all I got was $200 credit when I could have made $750 with a 1% card..... You might be pleased to know that I only have a united and a Marriott card....

Me spending 75K ( like on cruises,hotels, car repair etc) gets me this year, 7 nights at 200-250 (c night=$1575 avg )free nights in Marriott hotels + upgrade to suites and ex. club any where in the world...

.AND from the same $75 K I also accrued enough miles to get 4 domestic flights in coach worth $1250 and 4 intl business tickets, worth $18,220.00 for total of $19,675!!!! from my airline.

I think that trumps a 1% card by a slight margin.....

Because I concentrate all my spending on only 2 cards and only patronize 1 airline, 1 hotel and 1 cruise line. I don't really need a cruise line for rewards...I am very satisfied with what I have and what it gets me, as Oceania , to me, as stated prior, reward enough.

Is that the President's Circle? Wonderful folks, love playing trivia with them.

The real reward is sailing on Oceania , with great fellow passengers and the feel of the ship and the depth of dining options. I really don't even care if they have any rewards program.

When you play hop-scotch and play the field you will get variety. However, that variety is not all that great in my experience. I feel, having sailed on most all the "others" that they an just a let down for me and my dollars, while maybe less, are on the others a poor return on my investment.

As to the comment that if I spent 75K with Oceiana and all I got was $200 credit when I could have made $750 with a 1% card..... You might be pleased to know that I only have a united and a Marriott card....

Me spending 75K ( like on cruises,hotels, car repair etc) gets me this year, 7 nights at 200-250 (c night=$1575 avg )free nights in Marriott hotels + upgrade to suites and ex. club any where in the world...

.AND from the same $75 K I also accrued enough miles to get 4 domestic flights in coach worth $1250 and 4 intl business tickets, worth $18,220.00 for total of $19,675!!!! from my airline.

I think that trumps a 1% card by a slight margin.....

Because I concentrate all my spending on only 2 cards and only patronize 1 airline, 1 hotel and 1 cruise line. I don't really need a cruise line for rewards...I am very satisfied with what I have and what it gets me, as Oceania , to me, as stated prior, reward enough.

At-a-boy Dan!:)

Beats 1% rebate any day and Oceania experience along the way is a nice bonus :D

Is that the President's Circle? Wonderful folks, love playing trivia with them.

Sure - they've probably heard all the questions before (several times) :D

Seriously though, we too have played with them and they are very nice and down to earth people.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Well...Well... I have read over the posts on this thread and I think we have to put it all in perspective...

I know that the perks get much better as you move up on any line, but you can not compare Oceania to Princess, Celebrity or HAL. If you go on Oceania at $10,000PP times 2 (double occupancy) is $20,000 per trip; take that $20,000 and multiply that 20 cruises --that's $400,000 to get a free trip.

Now let's do the math for the "Other Cruise Lines." Let's say we spend $3,000PP times 2 equals $6,000 x 20 cruises; that equals $120,000. $400,000 - $120,000 equals a lot of free cruises to me...:p

The "other" lines are not competing with Oceania, but the real competition for Oceania is Azamara, Silver Seas and Crystal.

Happy Sailing!!!:)

The "other" lines are not competing with Oceania, but the real competition for Oceania is Azamara, Silver Seas and Crystal.

In that case - do Oceania's competitors (Azamara, Crystal & Silver Sea, in your words) offer a free cruise? :D

FWIW, 2 of those cruise lines would charge you a lot more for 20 cruises than Oceania without a free cruise :)

Well... Well...Well... I have read over the posts on this thread and I think we have to put it all in perspective...

I know that the perks get much better as you move up on any line, but you can not compare Oceania to Princess, Celebrity or HAL. If you go on Oceania at $10,000PP times 2 (double occupancy) is $20,000 per trip; take that $20,000 and multiply that 20 cruises --that's $400,000 to get a free trip.

Now let's do the math for the "Other Cruise Lines." Let's say we spend $3,000PP times 2 equals $6,000 x 20 cruises; that equals $120,000. $400,000 - $120,000 equals a lot of free cruises to me...:p

I'm not aware of any cruise lines in the price range you mentioned that gives a free cruise for every 20 cruises paid. Which ones do that?

Neil also seems just to be looking at the cost per trip (and you don't have to spend $20K on Oceania although you can) ...

I think there are more considerations than the money spent. That is why we stick with Oceania.

But if Neil wants to stick with the other lines, that is his choice. No judgments made from me.

I just think there are other considerations than mere cost.

I also can see that competition for O is Azamara, that's a fair comparison. But Silver Seas and Crystal? I think that's a stretch.

Mura

The "other" lines are not competing with Oceania, but the real competition for Oceania is Azamara, Silver Seas and Crystal.Happy Sailing!!!:)

wELL THAT could be....for you!

Looks like your math is correct however, your not comparing equal products. Getting a free trip on Oceania is going to be totally different than one on say NCL or RCCL/ Carnival

Too there is the intrinsic value of having been on an Oceania and the quality of the experience that will far surpass the experience on the "other".

As an example you can spend $900-1100 on one dinner for 2 at the French Laundry and get no freebees. Where as at Subway I can get a free sandwich after 6 sandwiches @ $4.95 or $29.70 .

The math would indicate that you should eat at Subway as a better choice. Its all how you value the product in you mind as to which you consider best.

FYI, we have never spent anywhere near $10,000pp for our cruises on Oceania.

We're halfway to a free cruise after 10 years. Maybe we'll do 10 more, maybe not. That's not our motivation. We started when there were no "extras" at all, and we keep coming back. Any amenities we receive are a bonus we are thrilled to receive!

Leaving in 11 days for our next cruise, but who's counting. ;-)

Mo

We're halfway to a free cruise after 10 years. Maybe we'll do 10 more, maybe not. That's not our motivation. We started when there were no "extras" at all, and we keep coming back. Any amenities we receive are a bonus we are thrilled to receive!

Mo

+1 I agree

we started with O in 2004

We book lower cabins & happily keep returning to O

If I make it to a "FREE" cruise GREAT ..if not we have had some great trips in the mean time

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

Mo

Hi, congrats on 10. We just had our 20th last May and we started in 2003 (while we were still working) not even thinking we would get to 20. It sure has been fun getting here and we have 3 more planned. We spent almost spent $9999 per person but Oceania dropped the price to 7999!;) so you don't really have to spend $10K plus pp to sail on Oceania. How about all those 7 day cruises Oceania put on the schedule the last year or 2. I don't think too many people sail for the free cruise; we sail for the sheer joy of sailing with O and the wonderful places it takes us. So for all the naysayers, just sit back and enjoy what you have. Arlene

Mo

Are you saying you took 10 cruises that cost under 10,000 each or that you got 10 cruises for 10,000 total spent. The cheapest I have seen 10 day cruises or 7 days without air, are $1600-1700 pp.. If you squeezed that good and got 10 cruises for 2 for 10K or under you are the guy... One serious dude...

Speaking of spending to get miles etc, brother Don is most correct I utilize bonuses for card, class, status, route,+ award accelerator where you can get miles for 2cents @ and every option .... if you read the points guy and other blogs you will be surprised what you can do.... just takes focus. I can mine 175,000 miles from around $4500.00 spent for $75,000 you can flat out buy over 400,000 to 500,000 miles !!! and that's in addition flight, bonuses etc!!!!

figuring 120 to 160,000 per each rt international business or first @ say $7500-8000 per rt that about 3 rts or about $23,000 worth of fares My $4500 discount acquired miles cost me $4500...and gets me a $7500-8000 ticket...and I wont even get into my hotel card....................

I'm not aware of any cruise lines in the price range you mentioned that gives a free cruise for every 20 cruises paid. Which ones do that?

FWIW - Seabourn bases its complimentary cruise awards on the number of days you have sailed and not the number of cruises you must take. To quote the Seabourn website: "Seabourn Club Milestone Awards feature a complimentary cruise of up to seven days when a Club account reaches 140 Redeemable Sailed Days, or a complimentary cruise of up to 14 days when 250 Redeemable Sailed Days is reached. Guests earn one Redeemable Sailed Day for each eligible day sailed on a Seabourn cruise."