Suite Choice and Upgrades

hulamoon

I have a back to back coming up. The first 14 days I am in an aft SS2 on deck 12 on the Eclipse.

The next possible upgrade to a CS is $5,000. more. RC is $8,000. No benefits except grats here. ( last year these went to great prices, not sure they will this time.)

The next five days I have a CS with a larger balcony, while I wasn't considering an upgrade I noticed an affordable Penthouse become available. Its $1900. and I will get an extra 225 in OBC. I already have full amenities even some premium drink package at this level due to some promotion I cannot remember the name of.

Noise seems to be the biggest complaint of deck 12. I figure ear plugs can get us through.

I have not stayed in a CS or RS or PH on an S class but I have seen them.

What would you choose to do? Just go all out in last five days? Or save the budget in case a better priced upgrade became available for the 14?

Or do you think like my husband? Who says its all good why switch? Plus this spring we are in Galapagos.

Thank you for your insights.

Sharie

Well the $1900 upgrade for 5 nights is $380 per night. The $5000 upgrade for 14 nights is $357 per night. If it were me I would stay put unless the 14 night upgrade came down in price. I would rather have the additional space and Michaels Club on the 14 night sailing.

I'd take the PH for the 14 night cruise for the $1900 :D

Oh, wait, that's not an option, :rolleyes:

You can't take it with you...

Personally, we'd probably go for the CS on the 14 day, as we had the SS under the overhang.

The PH on is only partially under public space, most is under other cabins. The RSs forward are under public spaces. The CSs are under cabins.

Finally, if I could get the same CS for both, and not move, that would seal the deal.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I have to be honest and just say I really did not enjoy the layout of the S class CS. We found the bedroom area crampt, no window to the sea, the lounge area without anywhere to dine other than the balcony and if I am honest I think a child could have designed it better with Lego bricks! In contrast we find the RS light, airy and spacious.

Have never done S class PH so can't really comment if I think it is worth the additional cost.

So, all I would say, if you haven't already, is YouTube some of the rooms and see what you think. Despite the additional perks with CS, specifically Michael's, I do not think I would ever book it again.

Thanks for that reminder, in cabin tours it did feel a bit cramped to me.

I did find a few people upset with the noise on deck 12. This is my biggest concern with current plan.

Edited by hulamoon

There comes a point on all searches when you simply need to try and prioritise what will add genuine value to your holiday experience.

If noise is an issue with your present room and you are a noise sensitive person then moving would seem to be the best thing to do. As you can tell from my CS comments, I am more space and light sensitive....I could cope in a variety of noisier locations (with ear plugs to the ready!) but would not like that enclosed feeling I had with the CS bedroom. As I said, you need to focus on what is important for you....

Re PH, never yet done an S class but have done M class. IMHO it is a cruising experience in its own right. It you have the chance, and can stretch to it....as Jenna said 'you can't take it with you'.

Hope you find the best combination for yourselves, come back and let us know what you have chosen.

Good luck!

There comes a point on all searches when you simply need to try and prioritise what will add genuine value to your holiday experience.

If noise is an issue with your present room and you are a noise sensitive person then moving would seem to be the best thing to do. As you can tell from my CS comments, I am more space and light sensitive....I could cope in a variety of noisier locations (with ear plugs to the ready!) but would not like that enclosed feeling I had with the CS bedroom. As I said, you need to focus on what is important for you....

Re PH, never yet done an S class but have done M class. IMHO it is a cruising experience in its own right. It you have the chance, and can stretch to it....as Jenna said 'you can't take it with you'.

Hope you find the best combination for yourselves, come back and let us know what you have chosen.

Good luck!

Very well put. Looking forward to 15 days in that "experience" with 9 sea days!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I have to agree that the PH experience is well worth trying if you are given a great opportunity such as the OP has. I can confirm that there are absolutely no noise issues in the S-Class PHs.

We have not stayed in an S-Class CS but have visited. They do feel very cramped. IMHO, the furnishings are totally wrong and the oversized, L-shaped sofa takes up far too much floor space. The lack of a dining table inside the suite is a real no-no from our point of view.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. There were no shifts today in inventory, so it is helpful to review the options.

Pretty sure if I upgrade the five days, there will not be an upgrade in the 14 days.

Chemmo your thoughts are well said, we are normally not overly noise sensitive, but it's not clear what the noise is like or if it is all night.

Jenna..that PH looked darn good in Sept, so now it will be upgraded, fantastic for you!

Thanks to all of you.

Edited by hulamoon

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. There were no shifts today in inventory, so it is helpful to review the options.

Pretty sure if I upgrade the five days, there will not be an upgrade in the 14 days.

Chemmo your thoughts are well said, we are normally not overly noise sensitive, but it's not clear what the noise is like or if it is all night.

Jenna..that PH looked darn good in Sept, so now it will be upgraded, fantastic for you!

Thanks to all of you.

I can't wait to see what they do with it!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks to all of you.

I would definitely upgrade to the PH for your 5 night journey. We have stayed in the PH on Eclipse and Silhouette and the experience is one that you will not soon forget. As far as an opportunity to upgrade to a CS or RS on the 14 night portion, I must admit that I am not in the camp of some of the other posters. We have been in a CS on most of the S Class ships and it is often our first choice when we book cruises. I really like your plan in waiting out the prospects of an opportunity closer to sailaway, as it relates to your 14 night portion, but in all honesty, I would not let the PH option slip away for the 5 night portion.

Randy

Thanks Randy. I have been pricing the extras with the Spring trip, and they are really not too bad, I keep looking for all the justifications I can find. Lol

How much do you love a PH over RC? Although they are not showing I was told three could come up.

Thanks Randy. I have been pricing the extras with the Spring trip, and they are really not too bad, I keep looking for all the justifications I can find. Lol

How much do you love a PH over RC? Although they are not showing I was told three could come up.

We have never stayed in a RS because in our opinion, it is not enough of a draw to have us move from a CS. Now the PH....that's a different story. Both the RS and PH enjoy unlimited specialty dining, a complimentary premium beverage package, unlimited internet access, to name just a few. The entire experience is top notch. First of all, you will be getting approximately 1300 sq ft of space vs approximately 300 sq ft in your Sky Suite. The balcony is another 400 sq ft and has a hot tub on it. The RS has a hot tub on the balcony as well. That's a really nice experience if your itinerary is through the Caribbean. The grand piano in the PH is not a big draw for us, but wait till you see the shower in the main bathroom....yes there is also a guest bathroom in the PH. All in all, the sq footage in the PH is about double that of the RS.

There is a dining table in the PH that we used a number of times for breakfast when it was a little windy on the balcony. We had the opportunity to entertain our table mates during tea time on one of our sea days and our butler was the star of that afternoon.

We normally fly under the radar in our day to day life, but I must tell you, there's something really special when the key people on the ship know you are staying in the penthouse. If you have not had an opportunity to dine with the Captain or a member of his/her staff, then you should get ready, because there's a really good chance you will be extended an invitation.

If you need that one final push, go to Youtube and search Celebrity Eclipse Penthouse 1616. The first 2 offerings are of 1611 and 1616. After viewing these, your decision should be easier.

Randy

The grand piano in the PH is not a big draw for us, but wait till you see the shower in the main bathroom....yes there is also a guest bathroom in the PH. All in all, the sq footage in the PH is about double that of the RS.

Where would you put your box of chocolates without the piano?

When trying to get someone to understand the master bathroom, I just explain that you could roll in the piano and still hold a party for 10 people in the bathroom with room to spare!