Self Service laundry on Eclipse

drafterdw

Yes,there is no self laundry on Celebrity ships.Any washing, do a sink wash and hang on a clothes line in the shower room.Not very good though.The laundry service is hit and miss and expensive.The OH had a nice blouse ruined last year ,we complaioned and the Guest relations added some $ to our OBC.

No clothes lines on S. class ships but they are on M class

I have also read there are no clothes lines. I, too, wash my clothes in a cold delicate setting. I also dry my clothes at a delicate cycle. I really do not like to send my clothes to be laundered. I bring some Woolite. Plus I bring, Zout. In my mind it is the best spot remover.

Has anyone had any luck requesting cold water washing when sending items to Celebrity's laundry?

I have sent out dark jerseys and jeans with a request for cold water washing on the Eclipse, Solstice and Silhouette and have never had a problem. Guess that I am lucky!

I'm surprised that so many have had clothes ruined by Celebrity. I had a sports coat .. dry clean only .. that I sent to be cleaned right before the end of our last cruise on Celebrity recently. The ticket was clearly marked as dry clean.

When it came back, I put it with formal wear ready to be packed, and just looked at it last weekend. It was pretty much ruined and permanently misshapen and wrinkled. They must have washed it in hot water.

Has anyone had any luck requesting cold water washing when sending items to Celebrity's laundry?

We always write cold water wash. Send laundry on every cruise have never had a problem. Had pants dry cleaned and came back perfect.

Does anyone know if they have a self service washer/dryer area? We had been told any ship that does over 10 days has one but were on the Equinox last year and it did not. We are on the Eclipse next Feb. for 14 days....wondering how to pack.

Only self service option is your sink and shower.

Does anyone know if they have a self service washer/dryer area? We had been told any ship that does over 10 days has one but were on the Equinox last year and it did not. We are on the Eclipse next Feb. for 14 days....wondering how to pack.

There is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for reasonable rates however we do not offer self-service laundry at this time.

• 2 months later...

We're new to Celebrity, but thinking about a 14 day cruise. We're traveled NCL a lot, and get laundry service free now. But, they always have a special every week, that's $20 for washing and folding a bag. We can et about 30 items in bag, if we double bag it(HAHA).Does Celebrity have specials during each 7 period? If so, what's a bag cost?

We're new to Celebrity, but thinking about a 14 day cruise. We're traveled NCL a lot, and get laundry service free now. But, they always have a special every week, that's $20 for washing and folding a bag. We can et about 30 items in bag, if we double bag it(HAHA).Does Celebrity have specials during each 7 period? If so, what's a bag cost?

We are Elite+ on Celebrity so receive some free laundry. But the "stuff a bag challenge" on Celebrity in which they offer a flat rate for an entire bag of laundry seems to be rather "hit and miss." And the Celebrity rate, when they do offer it, is approximately $44.95 for the bag. The laundry is washed and folded.

We are Elite+ on Celebrity so receive some free laundry. But the "stuff a bag challenge" on Celebrity in which they offer a flat rate for an entire bag of laundry seems to be rather "hit and miss." And the Celebrity rate, when they do offer it, is approximately $44.95 for the bag. The laundry is washed and folded.

Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. Even it's not the answer I was hoping for.