Looking for lost luggage - OASIS 10-3-2015

Lisa77064

I know this is a long shot....

Oasis of the Seas Oct 3-10 sailing

I'm looking for a large dark blue rolling bag that should have been in the #18 luggage grouping. The last I saw of it was when we put all the bags out the night before. The nice men at the Lauderdale port keep telling me another passenger probably picked up my bag by mistake. Please call 1-800-256-6649 lost luggage department and RCC will take care of getting my bag to me. Thanks!! LBB stateroom 9183 Oasis of the Seas.

Thanks for the thoughts. She (sister) has never had to use cruise insurance on any prior cruises. Looks like she will be making claims for luggage and medical expenses this time. Fingers crossed! Posting on roll call as advised.

Thanks for the thoughts. She (sister) has never had to use cruise insurance on any prior cruises. Looks like she will be making claims for luggage and medical expenses this time. Fingers crossed! Posting on roll call as advised.

Medical expenses?

Id first contact Royal caribbean and see what their liability is - at the same time Id file a claim with the insurance carrier

You might also want to try the RC "fan based" FB page. (Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society)

Edit: DW just told me she saw your post there. I hope you find it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

When we got off the Oasis in February we were in a long line to get to the luggage area, there was an RCI employee up ahead of us asking everyone to check their luggage because someone was missing theirs. We were in line for a least 20 minutes before we were able to search for our luggage, then we get into long line for customs. The RCI employee at this point is going along the customs line looking at peoples luggage. She actually found it!! Someone had picked it up thinking it was theirs.

I make up a sheet with our names and cell numbers and put this in each piece of luggage in case it is picked up by mistake, it also includes our itinerary in case it doesn't make the ship.

We had our information and the extra tags for disembarking inside our luggage as well, in case the tag got torn off on the way off the ship ... and sure enough, one did. We looked all over for the one bag that wasn't with the rest, and finally asked someone, who directed us to an area with untagged bags.

They never checked inside for any ID or tags, so it didn't do us any good to include them, but at least we did get our bag in the end.

I make up a sheet with our names and cell numbers and put this in each piece of luggage in case it is picked up by mistake, it also includes our itinerary in case it doesn't make the ship.

I do this too. Besides our contact information I put our itinerary, including any hotels and the ship and then put a copy right on the top of our stuff in the bags so that it will be the first thing seen if someone has to open it.

Good luck OP. Hope your bag is returned.

I painted multi-colored circles on our luggage. No one has luggage that looks exactly like ours. ;)

We tried the ribbons on the handles, but we noticed pretty everyone else had too. :(

It is a big joke at our house because we actually use Duct Tape to mark all sides of our luggage. Wal-Mart sells all kind of patterns, so being from Georgia we selected the bright red University of Georgia kind.

We have never had a problem finding our luggage.

Good luck OP. Hope your bag is returned.

I painted multi-colored circles on our luggage. No one has luggage that looks exactly like ours. ;)

We tried the ribbons on the handles, but we noticed pretty everyone else had too. :(

Yes - whatever you can do to make yours unique :D

I have never seen ribbon with a pattern like ours - most just used a plain color.

It seems like it was more common when we first started doing it - I have rarely seen any ribbons these days. Or maybe we a just travelling to different areas? It was especially useful when we all 4 travelled and had more bags to search for.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

Last year my stepfather took the wrong bag after they got off the ship in Southampton. They were spending a couple of days in London after the cruise and when they got back to the hotel and opened the bag he saw it wasn't his. He called the lost luggage people in Southampton and found out the name of the person the luggage belonged to. Long story short the people were staying nearby in London and picked up the bag at the hotel but my stepfather didn't get his bag until he got back home. He had to pay almost $300 for it to be shipped! Moral of the story is ALWAYS look at the luggage tag before you leave the port!!

We also take a picture of each suitcase & carry-on. If lost showing attendants a picture is better than "well it black & about his high..."

We do the itinerary on top also, and duct tape with cell # inside

I also takes pictures of all our luggage :) My husband always laughs at me!

We have neon green luggage straps with our name on them in bold lettering. Very easy to find.

Edited by Dall

Something similar happened to us on our cruise out of San Juan in August. We had brightly colored ribbon tied to the handle to easily locate it in the terminal. After looking around, and around, and around the terminal and getting two Royal employees to help we still could not find it. So we left for the airport. They called right as we were going through security saying they had our luggage. So they met us at the airport, thank goodness.

I hope you find your luggage. It really puts a damper on the trip.

It is a big joke at our house because we actually use Duct Tape to mark all sides of our luggage. Wal-Mart sells all kind of patterns, so being from Georgia we selected the bright red University of Georgia kind.

We have never had a problem finding our luggage.

We do the same (tape) and they stand out when coming off the carousel. Also, we attach brightly knitted pom poms--can't mistake our bags. Also, bought a couple of '29 bags that have the color/design of

Zebras. My main concern is not getting our bags prior to the cruise.

They thought they had a connection to a man in California who left behind a similar looking bag - thinking he took hers instead of his. Didn't pan out. Waiting to see what comes off the Oasis next Saturday. Fingers still crossed.

I think it is time to decorate our luggage in the most obnoxious way ever. I ordered some quirky colorful tags online for our luggage for this past trip but they were not quite what I expected in person. Dull and boring and smaller than anticipated. Time to revamp in a big way.

Appreciate all the good thoughts :)

My granddaughter makes purses and stuff with duct tape...who knew. So in taking her duct tape shopping, I discoverd more colors and patterns and even scented tape, a far cry from the grey stuff I knew.

I picked out a pattern I liked and I take a long strip and tape it on the sides of our suitcases for easy identification. So far so good. It stays put and has not fallen off.