Why not St Thomas on 10 day cruises?

Sass4

Wanted to go to St Thomas from a Florida 10 dayer but they don't offer it.

Anyone know why?

Maybe because they do it so often on the 7 day cruises.

You can do a B2B on Adventure out of San Juan and get 14 days plus St. Thomas.

I believe you are talking about the 10 night Serenade cruises from FLL. I think she calls at Tortola instead of St. Thomas. I for one would be thrilled with that - 4 times at St. Thomas is enough.

Anyway, my ranting aside, there is no definite reason why the itinerary doesn't include St. Thomas, but I'm guessing it might because so many people have been there, and they'd love a change.

I believe you are talking about the 10 night Serenade cruises from FLL. I think she calls at Tortola instead of St. Thomas. I for one would be thrilled with that - 4 times at St. Thomas is enough.

Anyway, my ranting aside, there is no definite reason why the itinerary doesn't include St. Thomas, but I'm guessing it might because so many people have been there, and they'd love a change.

I agree, I think the cruise line is trying to change it up a bit. In all our cruises, we've not been to Tortola yet.

Booked for serenade in Dec. Heard we may not go to Tortola because Disney & NCL have an exclusive deal with Tortola. I guess we will find out when we board the ship.

Disney and NCL have a guarantee deal with BVI to bring at least 425,000 people a year there. In return they get preferred berthing on a requested date. That doesn't mean no one else can go there. It just means you may have to tender.

We are on the Serenade in February and all of our ports say "docked" so there must be a berth available that day.

As for STT, I'm sure they're just mixing it up. People get tired of the same ports, but I always like going to St. Thomas. We just stayed there for a week in June at the Marriott. Now, if you are just going shopping or not going in the water there, it would get boring really fast.

Booked 10 day Seranade this November specifically because of the Ports (Tortola, St Kitts, Dominica) --Been to Dominica once and really enjoyed the Champagne reef but never to Tortola or St Kitts.

Hope to try a new and different island experience -- looking forward to trying a new (for us) Ship and new for us islands.

My guess is more likely transit time. The Serenade starts in British Virgin Islands, then head south. The run to St Thomas would be a few hours more than St. Maarten on the way back. It would cut the in port time significantly. Going first would cut out BVI.

We did a Southern Caribbean cruise last year and the in port days were questioned and the Captain explained that the distance travelled precluded changing up the itinerary. Likely it's the same for Serenade.