My boa visa card with rcl discontinued

berylde

I recieved an e-mail today from my Visa card. It stated that in about 3 weeks time, I would be getting a new card in the mail, called a "Visa Signature Card".

I called BOA's customer service and was told this new card will have no connection with RCCL.

Also, if I wanted to cash in any reward, Id better do it soon!

We have been using the Barclays Arrival card for a year now. Since Royal started using different prices for the free cruises.

With the Barclays you get double points for everything, and can redeem them for any travel.

We used what we had left in Royal Points for OBC. Now the cards sit in the safe.

I seriously doubt that the RCCL card is about to end... If it did it would be an open window for all travel reward card to do what ever they want with rewards and no consequences.

I might see a change of Bank hosting the card, an BA is doing some strange things now days to max profits. I just got a message that I may see some fees on there services, I said what to my self, I have been with BA forever, and if they start charging me for services "HI HO it will be off to another bank I go. Pain in the but, but some times necessary into days world.

I recieved an e-mail today from my Visa card. It stated that in about 3 weeks time, I would be getting a new card in the mail, called a "Visa Signature Card".

I called BOA's customer service and was told this new card will have no connection with RCCL.

The original RCI Visa Card was called Platinum Plus. The most recent RCI Visa Card is now called the Visa Signature. We have the Visa Signature Card, but it does have the RCI Logo, but does not say "Signature" on the front of the card. It does say Visa Signature on our monthly statements. When we converted from the Platinum to the Signature, all of our points were transferred.

Any questions you can all RCI Coupon Redemption Center at 1-888-305-4626.

Edited by cruisenfever

Hmmm, I called this morning and was told that I would continue to earn points. The way it was described is I'm being upgraded (more credit) and I will still be able to earn points on it.

At least they notified you. They doubled my LOC without asking. While not a huge issue for me, I would think that is something they should ask first.

Here's what my email says:

To thank you for your relationship with Bank of America, we're automatically upgrading your Royal Caribbean Visa® credit card to the Visa Signature® credit card.

What to expect

Your account number, expiration date and annual percentage rate will not change. There's still no annual fee and you'll keep your current rewards program and all of the Points that you've accumulated.

Your new Visa Signature card will arrive in 2-3 weeks. In the mean time, you can continue using your current card. Once your new card arrives, please call or go online to activate it and destroy the card you have now.

Enjoy these benefits with your new card

You'll get enhanced benefits such as increased travel protection and instant access to special offers, including the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection.*

Still I had some doubts so I called again LOL! I was told there are no changes to the Royal Caribbean benefit rewards program. Yes, my credit increased in April, which I did not know about LOL! and this was a new card that replaces my platinum plus card. :)

Edited by slyster

It all might be done because of the new chip each credit card has have now.

My husband Master card was canceled without him knowing it and they sent a new one in the mail. He threw it away thinking it was just another ad in the mail. Here it was the new card. They said it was because of the new chips they

have to have now. So he ordered another one.

Just a thought

I have a B of A RCI Visa Signature card (that's what it was when I applied earlier this year and received).

I have an old B of A Cash Rewards card as well. I received that same email this morning, but for my Cash Rewards. They're just upgrading from the platinum to the Signature card. It's really all the same. The only "difference" is a revolving line of credit vs. a preset spending limit. The Visa benefits are better with the Signature Card and potential for more authorization approvals over your "credit line".

You should still receive the RCI Rewards you have today. It's just changing the "level" of card.

Same happened to us. Nothing to worry about.

We recently stopped using the BOA card and switched to Sam's MasterCard until we can find something better.

5% cash back on fuel

3% cash back on dining and travel

1% on everything else

Might need to look at the Barclay again, but I think it has high annual fee.

The Signature upgrade has nothing to do with RCL. You have regular Visa cards, then if you meet certain requirements (mainly credit score), you're eligible for an upgrade to Visa Signature from the card issuer. The Signature programs comes with extra travel perks, insurance coverages, special offers, etc. Mastercard's World and World Elite cards are their version of the same offering.

https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/cards/signature.html?ep=v_sym_signature

Same happened to us. Nothing to worry about.

We recently stopped using the BOA card and switched to Sam's MasterCard until we can find something better.

5% cash back on fuel

3% cash back on dining and travel

1% on everything else

Might need to look at the Barclay again, but I think it has high annual fee.

We use the Sam's Master Card to pay for our travel as well. The 3% beats the RCI Visa rewards. But, the best part is the 3% cash back is combinable with all offers and all promotions.

I seriously doubt that the RCCL card is about to end... If it did it would be an open window for all travel reward card to do what ever they want with rewards and no consequences.

I might see a change of Bank hosting the card, an BA is doing some strange things now days to max profits. I just got a message that I may see some fees on there services, I said what to my self, I have been with BA forever, and if they start charging me for services "HI HO it will be off to another bank I go. Pain in the but, but some times necessary into days world.

After 31 years in the Credit Card industry, with a large money center bank, I can tell you that B of A can drop their affiliation with RCCL with proper notification to the cardholder. They are under no obligation to continue to issue a card with the RCCL logo or continue to issue points. If B of A does not find the relationship profitable and their contract with RCCL permits it they can opt out. They can also issue their cardholders another card to replace the RCCL card. B of A owns the credit card accounts not RCCL.

On the other hand RCCL can join another card program, as provided for in their contract with B of A, which they very well may do.

Richard

The original RCI Visa Card was called Platinum Plus. The most recent RCI Visa Card is now called the Visa Signature. We have the Visa Signature Card, but it does have the RCI Logo, but does not say "Signature" on the front of the card. It does say Visa Signature on our monthly statements. When we converted from the Platinum to the Signature, all of our points were transferred.

Based on their T&C's, Visa Platinum Plus cards are issued to those with credit lines below $5000 and Signature cards granted to those at $5000 or higher. They just chose to market them as the Signature card.

Check out Million Mile Secrets or The Points Guy to find offers for far more lucrative card offers and benefits that can be used in conjunction with your cruise travels.

I got the letter as well. It stated that I would still have the same benefits on it as before. It will have the Chip imbedded in it for better security and that was the reason according to the person at BOA I called.

Based on their T&C's, Visa Platinum Plus cards are issued to those with credit lines below $5000 and Signature cards granted to those at $5000 or higher. They just chose to market them as the Signature card.

Check out Million Mile Secrets or The Points Guy to find offers for far more lucrative card offers and benefits that can be used in conjunction with your cruise travels.

^^^ this ^^^

Signature versions of a Visa are the better benefits version. Usually issued when a credit line reaches and/or exceeds $5,000. usually these cards are "Flexible Spending" which means you could in theory charge more than your available credit and pay the overage when the next statement is issued.

Other than the benefits normally extended to you bythe issuer, nothing should change regarding the benefits extended by the co-branded company that it is partnered with.

FYI, the Mastercard versions of these types of cards are called "World Mastercards"

Edited by Fury1995

^^^ this ^^^

Signature versions of a Visa are the better benefits version. Usually issued when a credit line reaches and/or exceeds $5,000. usually these cards are "Flexible Spending" which means you could in theory charge more than your available credit and pay the overage when the next statement is issued.

I guess someone didn't get the memo. I've had the Platinum Plus now for 10 years. My credit line is WELL above $5000 and has been for a number of years. Mine is still Platinum Plus.

I guess someone didn't get the memo. I've had the Platinum Plus now for 10 years. My credit line is WELL above $5000 and has been for a number of years. Mine is still Platinum Plus.

Same with me. Mine is still Platinum Plus, has the chip and my credit line is well above $5000.