AARP perks

spintowin

Do they ask for membership card at check in for cruise or will they accept membership number? Just wondering if anyone has experience using AARP

We had to give membership number when booking the cruise to get the AARP discount, but that was all. Never had to show the actual card.

I've booked two cruises this year with our PCC and received the AARP discount both times. I never had to give a number or show a card, or show in any way that I actually belong to AARP. I brought the card just in case, but didn't need it.

I've booked two cruises this year with our PCC and received the AARP discount both times. I never had to give a number or show a card, or show in any way that I actually belong to AARP. I brought the card just in case, but didn't need it.

They probably looked up your membership from your name. That is what our former PCC did for one of our cruises.

I find it interesting when I book, that the AARP discount always go through, buy my military discount never goes through. I sure you can only receive one discount, but I wonder if they are the same amount. My cruise confirmation lists WAVE, AARP, BONUS and SUITEOBC. My PCC always gets me the best deal out there, but I'm just curions.;)

Chief,

On the cruise I booked a few months ago for the JADE in March 2016, I tried to get a military discount and was told there was none, but then asked about AARP and got $73.00 discount for my wife & I. ($146.00 total). I found it odd that they offered an AARP discount but would not offer a military discount? But what the heck, I'll take it!

I just received an email today from NCL saying that my AARP membership number did not go through for a cruise that I booked 2 months ago. They attached a new confirmation showing the new price without discount. I had to send them a copy of my AARP membership card that shows my name and expiration date. Now I have to wait to make sure they adjust my reservation and give me my discount. It may take a while but apparently NCL does verify your membership. AARP number is usually kept on file for future cruises.