Where is the Condo-Cam???

SS Exeter

I know that some of you who just watched the Westerdam depart must know which building the Camera is in. Last time we left, we waved, but at the wrong time, because we were not sure where the camera is. Leaving on her Saturday and we would like to do a better job of waving. Help would be appreciated.:confused:

Thanks KK - I know that there is another Cam in one of the condo building as well - that is the one where if you let them know where on the ship you will be during departure, they will try to make sure they film you - and then you can buy a copy of the video. That's the one I am looking for.

The other cam is in the first condo building you pass by on your way out of the port. I think it is low left as you face the building.

I think that is the one we are looking for. Now we know when to wave like loonies....

I love the info one can get on this board. Such great people willing to share...;)

It's on the 2nd floor, south-west,corner balcony of Sky Harbor, the yellowish building you pass as you first turn into the Stranahan River channel. Sky Harbor is the shorter of the condos you pass.

I know that some of you who just watched the Westerdam depart must know which building the Camera is in. Last time we left, we waved, but at the wrong time, because we were not sure where the camera is. Leaving on her Saturday and we would like to do a better job of waving. Help would be appreciated.:confused:

There are actually two webcams; the first one, known as the Ft. Lauderdale webcam with southeast and southwest views, located on top of the Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six Hotel. The second one, known as the Port Everglades webcam, located on a balcony of the Sky Harbor East condo tower along the entrance channel

The building in this photo right above the arrow is where it is located - on the third floor balcony, furthest balcony on the left (as you face the building):

FLL%20Web%20Cam%20Location_zpsjr8en18k.jpg

I made my DH look at your photo and memorize your directions. I have elected him to the "Person-in-Charge" of our sail-away.

Thanks so much for the details and photo.:D

If you go to cam web site. Underneath the picture click on "Request a wave." It actually has a picture of the condo and where the cam is located which was previously posted.

Keep in mind it is best to follow the steps and request a wave. Tell them where you are going to be and they will look for you and zoom in. Only takes a couple of minutes to make a Wave Request and it's free.

No wave request the operators usually just pan the camera the length of ship and don't zoom in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by aliaschief

The building in this photo right above the arrow is where it is located - on the third floor balcony, furthest balcony on the left (as you face the building):

Great photos!

I'm pretty sure that it's on the 2nd floor. (Lobby is ground floor, and the camera is is on the southwest corner of the second floor, corner balcony - attached to the ceiling in a dome.) In any case, it's the first condo you'll pass, and it's the corner closest to you as you leave the channel. The condo is Sky Harbor and it's a buff colored building. It's the shortest of the condos you'll pass. The C shaped building behind it is Everglades House. The two tall white buildings that you pass after that are Point of Americas I & II.

Edited by POA1

If you go to cam web site. Underneath the picture click on "Request a wave." It actually has a picture of the condo and where the cam is located which was previously posted.

Keep in mind it is best to follow the steps and request a wave. Tell them where you are going to be and they will look for you and zoom in. Only takes a couple of minutes to make a Wave Request and it's free.

No wave request the operators usually just pan the camera the length of ship and don't zoom in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you so much for telling me where the request-a-wave is one the web site. I knew it was there someplace - but didn't look far enough. I just did the request. Getting mighty excited.:D

Thank you so much for telling me where the request-a-wave is one the web site. I knew it was there someplace - but didn't look far enough. I just did the request. Getting mighty excited.:D

Not sure if they still do it but on a couple of previous Waves that I requested I actually got a call from the operators reconfirming where we were going to be.

Enjoy and let who ever is running the Sail-Away thread know where you are going to be so CC members can spot you.

Not sure if they still do it but on a couple of previous Waves that I requested I actually got a call from the operators reconfirming where we were going to be.

Enjoy and let who ever is running the Sail-Away thread know where you are going to be so CC members can spot you.

Also tell us what you're going to be wearing so we can spot you. (Does not apply to Canadians, who, by law, are required to bring flags, ;) making them easy to spot.)

Edited by POA1

Great photos!

I'm pretty sure that it's on the 2nd floor. (Lobby is ground floor, and the camera is is on the southwest corner of the second floor, corner balcony - attached to the ceiling in a dome.) In any case, it's the first condo you'll pass, and it's the corner closest to you as you leave the channel. The condo is Sky Harbor and it's a buff colored building. It's the shortest of the condos you'll pass. The C shaped building behind it is Everglades House. The two tall white buildings that you pass after that are Point of Americas I & II.

Yes I think we're saying the same thing about the balcony, it's the second balcony up and including the ground floor that's floor three to me. :o I remember a few years ago someone took some photos of the web cam from onboard a ship and it showed the black dome of the camera and some guy sitting on the balcony watching the ships pass. Nice place to live if you can afford it!

Also tell us what you're going to be wearing so we can spot you. (Does not apply to Canadians, who, by law, are required to bring flags, ;) making them easy to spot.)

Lol ! The last few cruises we have been on DH brings a HUGE Canadian flag with him. Good thing it's really light!

We will hopefully be waving it on our B2B2B starting Nov 22. :D