Miami Hotel

Winters Gate

Is there anyone who has a recommendation of a good pre cruise hotel in Miami? Preferably not too far from the cruise terminal.

If you plan to stay for a few days there are some wonderful hotels in South Beach. The area can't be beat. :):):)

Marriott has several properties very close to port in downtown area - 2 JW's, CY and an M - depending on your price range.

All my connections into MIA from the west get me into MIA after 10 pm...

I head direct for the Marriott Fairfield which has a breakfast included and free shuttle... Its fast easy and all I need...

In the morning...take a cab in cheaper than airport to downtown..then downtown to ship.

Marriott is a class act no matter what property.. they have never let me down worldwide...

All my connections into MIA from the west get me into MIA after 10 pm...

I head direct for the Marriott Fairfield which has a breakfast included and free shuttle... Its fast easy and all I need...

In the morning...take a cab in cheaper than airport to downtown..then downtown to ship.

Marriott is a class act no matter what property.. they have never let me down worldwide...

True, but...

My annual free night from Marriott only gets me into the Fairfield (not Marriott or JW) and my annual free night from IHG gets me into Intercontinental in Miami - no comparison IMO (as I can get into Miami from SFO by 5 PM) :D

Hence my limited loyalty to Marrriott :)

True, but...

My annual free night from Marriott only gets me into the Fairfield (not Marriott or JW) and my annual free night from IHG gets me into Intercontinental in Miami - no comparison IMO (as I can get into Miami from SFO by 5 PM) :D

Hence my limited loyalty to Marrriott :)

I am Platinum Marriott, but on the weekends when the exec lounge is closed and all I need is a bed and a shower I don't see paying for a 4star when a good 2 has the same bed( I sleep on a Marriott bed a home for the past 20 yrs) Cant see paying for stuff I cant use or enjoy..If I got in at 4-6 and a weekday..might reconsider...maybe!!!

When I used to fly to Kuala Lumpur for work , there was always a 7 hour lay over arriving at 11:30pm and the airport hotel always booked, I could not see the worth of taking a cab in, and back 5 hours later and paying $200+.....So there is a spa on the roof with showers and a golf course...put on a sweat suit and grabbed a chase and had a nice bivouac.. camping in Singapore.

Based on a massive single experience, our stay at the Intercontinental is hard to beat. It's close to Whole Foods to buy wine from a good selection and five minute cab ride or less to the ship. Hard to beat the convenience.

JMBobB

We have stayed at the Intercontinental and it was really nice when you book a room that has a direct view of the ships coming in, but we booked the Marriott Biscayne Bay for our next trip in December, as the rate was actually better than what we could get at the Intercontinental. The hotels are both close to the port and the cab ride from the hotel will not break the bank.

Randy