Classic beverage package

bubbadogmom

If people dislike this "free" package so much, why don't they contact Celeb. and have it removed from their cruise?

They can then pay for their own drinks and therefore have what they want....

You can do that and keep the package. Just pay full price for anything not in the package.🕵

I have never felt under branded with any of the liquors allowed in the classic package, most of them Afterall were considered to be top shelf only a few years ago. I do feel that the allowed beer list is lacking a good session ale.

Tanqueray / Bombay Sapphire gin

Absolute vodka

Makers Mark bourbon

Crown Royal Canadian rye

Glenfiddich single malt scotch

Chivas Regal

Bacardi 8 rum

Cazadores tequila

Lots more quality spirits, liqueurs and specialties.

bosco

I agree it is a nice partial list. Who would think that a Classic package would include Chivas Regal and others on this list and people still complain. I did not realize that those items were on the list as I always upgrade for the better wines, Martinis, and better beers.

Edited by jagoffee

Hi

We got the classic drink package as part of a promotion which I was very excited to get.

But now looking at it - I like margaritas and frozen drinks - it seems everything is over the 9$ I'm allowed for a drink.

Is this package even worth it?

If I can't find anything I like under 9 (and from looking at the menus that's not much), can I just pay the difference?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You have cruised enough, there are hundreds of combo's to making a drink. The classic pkg only means you will get standard house liquors, not the fancy dancie stuff. :D

Our friends stayed with the Classic and had many pages of zero cost drinks.

So you have to drink 1-2-3 house drinks then you get #4 for the floor!:eek:

You may have to scale back your desired brand of liquor, or as someone else said, upgrade.

ps: you can only pay the difference if you have the Premium pkg for the fancy dancie liquor.

Edited by wallie5446

Just off the Summit and had the Classis Package Frozen drinks and

Margaritas were covered. I loved their Sangrias. Best I have ever had.

Wine was also not a problem. The sommelier is Blu was always able to

find a great wine to go with our dinner under the Classic Package.

O.K. here is my question. We have the Classic Package. My wife is a fan of Tangeray and Tonic, maybe an Absolute Gimlet, Sauvignon Blanc and Corona. Me, Bombay Sapphire martini, a good Cabernet and an occasional "not to hoppy beer".

We plan on not switching to Premium unless necessary. If so we will do it on board as we have a good amount of OBC to spend.

Will we be happy with the Classic.

BTW I do not need to have the " Big" martinis featured at the Martini Bar.

Bulk Tequila for years has been shipped around the world in large barrels or tanks containg 24,000 liters (current prices around $2.40 per liter). It comes from many of the 150 (+/-) tequila producers in Mexico. It is all regulated strictly as to how and where it is made. There are bottlers similar to estate bottlers of champagne who make and bottle a certain line or brand who also run off large bulk shipments for export. All tequilas are required to have a labeling code indicating who produced it. Several boutique brands may split bulk orders, but each label will have the same code as well as the exact same contents.

There are over 1,400 registered brands from only 150 producers, many of which come in fancy bottles with prices and advertising hype equally as fancy. Many producers of liquors do the same and if you find the matching generic to your top choice all the better for you.

Find one or two you like but don't limit your choices by selling price.

My choice for a great straight up tequila is Don Julio's reserve Anejo. I don't drink mixed tequila drinks so I have no recommendations for a mixer brand.

OMO

bosco

O.K. here is my question. We have the Classic Package. My wife is a fan of Tangeray and Tonic, maybe an Absolute Gimlet, Sauvignon Blanc and Corona. Me, Bombay Sapphire martini, a good Cabernet and an occasional "not to hoppy beer".

We plan on not switching to Premium unless necessary. If so we will do it on board as we have a good amount of OBC to spend.

The T and T, Sapphire, Absolut and Corona are covered, as for wines, not my bag, but have always found something to drink in the MDR. Small martinis would be my choice as well.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

The T and T, Sapphire, Absolut and Corona are covered, as for wines, not my bag, but have always found something to drink in the MDR. Small martinis would be my choice as well.

bosco

Thanks.

O.K. here is my question. We have the Classic Package. My wife is a fan of Tangeray and Tonic, maybe an Absolute Gimlet, Sauvignon Blanc and Corona. Me, Bombay Sapphire martini, a good Cabernet and an occasional "not to hoppy beer". We plan on not switching to Premium unless necessary. If so we will do it on board as we have a good amount of OBC to spend.

Scott here in lies the hard part. On the Reflection in 2013 Dana's BF stayed on the Classic and had red wine flowing. Dana's taste buds did not concur, so we upgraded. You are well aware of my craft beer situation:D

Last year on the Equinox they moved some from by the glass to by the bottle, again her taste buds went into full revolt. Most of the red's she liked were in the $10-12-14 range:eek: Hence we upgraded yet again.

Oh, and the offerings in the GastroBar forced me to do the same. :D

Se ya in 27 days!

EW

Thanks EW.

We will go with the flow and upgrade if need be.

Four Fridays from now and we will be seated in the Sunset Bar enjoying a beverage and talking smart. Looking forward to meeting you, Dana and "Los Tres Amigos".

Will Celebrity allow you to add the Classic Drink Package later into the Cruise?

I have personal commitments / family obligations for the first four days of the cruise and won't be drinking alcohol... so it seems a waste to spend $200 for something that I won't use. That all changes Thursday night!!

This is exactly why I love Cruise Critic! We've only done 1, this past January and are going on another also in January. Thanks for getting the great details and I have to agree with a previous post, NO premium in a frozen drink[emoji483]

Yes the package can be added any time up to 3 days left in the cruise. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Thanks, we were wondering that too. We are going to try to be rather abstemious as we are on a TA cruise next week & thought we would try to give our livers a rest. But somehow I feel by day 4 or 5 our halos will slip:D & we will be needing alcohol. If one of us decides not to indulge in alcohol:eek::eek:, can we buy 1 drinks package & 1 soda/ coffee package? I understand both cabin occupants must buy.

Thanks, we were wondering that too. We are going to try to be rather abstemious as we are on a TA cruise next week & thought we would try to give our livers a rest. But somehow I feel by day 4 or 5 our halos will slip:D & we will be needing alcohol. If one of us decides not to indulge in alcohol:eek::eek:, can we buy 1 drinks package & 1 soda/ coffee package? I understand both cabin occupants must buy.

Once on ship you can get a pkg for only one if you wish. Both is only required if you buy pre-cruise.

No, both occupants don't have to buy the same package. You can each enjoy the package you prefer. Also only one can buy any package and the other doesn't have to.

What you're probably thinking about is the freebie package where both on the booking are required to take the same perk. It's different when you actually pay for it.

Once on ship you can get a pkg for only one if you wish. Both is only required if you buy pre-cruise.

Wallie, Both is not required if you buy pre-cruise. I just went into a current reservation and was able to add me for just the classic liquor and my DW for just the non alcoholic package. They were selected in the same cart but priced separately by each individual in the booking. I could have also added only one person.

No, both occupants don't have to buy the same package. You can each enjoy the package you prefer. Also only one can buy any package and the other doesn't have to.

What you're probably thinking about is the freebie package where both on the booking are required to take the same perk. It's different when you actually pay for it.

Wallie, Both is not required if you buy pre-cruise. I just went into a current reservation and was able to add me for just the classic liquor and my DW for just the non alcoholic package. They were selected in the same cart but priced separately by each individual in the booking. I could have also added only one person.

That is prob where I had my brain fart!:eek::D