Celebrity Future Cruises

Yankee Doodle

We are sailing on the Eclipse in March of next year, and I was thinking of buying a future booking certificate.

I know that Royal Caribbean has changed the rules as far as future booking, i.e. amount of onboard credit given, and the fact that you must name a cruise and date at the time of booking.

Does Celebrity follow the same procedures? If they have followed Royal, the only real benefit is reduced deposit, which is offered different times throughout the year. Not sure it is worth buying.

Nancy

We booked 2 cruises on Silhouette while on Summit in September which we may move to a later date.

I don't see anything in the offer material about future cruise certificates but if you book a cruise on board as a "place holder" until you see a cruise you want to take the booking can be transferred. You get a reduced deposit and ship board credit that can be applied to either the cruise you are on or to the cruise you are booking. The ship board credit is much more generous than what was offered under the future cruise certificate. Our next cruise was booked with a certificate & we have a $250 credit. If it had been booked under the new booking our credit would have been $450.

It depends on what promotion is running. For instance, when we booked our last one, there was a promo for Europe and Australian itineraries of an extra $300 room credit on top of the 1-2-3-Go! package. This time, there was another large room credit on top of the BEST package for on-board bookings. It's best to stop in and ask. I'd say it's free to stop in, but we always end up booking something. :rolleyes: :D

Just got off of the Summit where we booked a cruise on board. Essentially they are trying to steer you away from the FCC by offering less OBC as opposed to getting you to commit to a firm date. We were looking at just a FCC but the sales lady convinced us to just book a cruise instead as we could move it if we felt like it.

We booked an Asia cruise in March of 2017 with the full intention of moving it to something in 2018. The difference was essentially $100 of extra OBC.

• 2 months later...
Just got off of the Summit where we booked a cruise on board. Essentially they are trying to steer you away from the FCC by offering less OBC as opposed to getting you to commit to a firm date. We were looking at just a FCC but the sales lady convinced us to just book a cruise instead as we could move it if we felt like it.

We booked an Asia cruise in March of 2017 with the full intention of moving it to something in 2018. The difference was essentially $100 of extra OBC.

We booked a future cruise last summer with the intention of moving it from 2016 to 2017 but we are hitting also rats of problems with it. My travel agent has been backwards and forwards with them for weeks now and they are saying that it is only valid on sailing upto April 2017 (cruises that were available at the time of booking the future cruise) they have told her for us to wait till the next offers are out and they will change it to that and keep the low deposit. Very disappointed as we asked if you could change the cruise to summer 2017 when onboard and we were told yes.

We booked a future cruise last summer with the intention of moving it from 2016 to 2017 but we are hitting also rats of problems with it. My travel agent has been backwards and forwards with them for weeks now and they are saying that it is only valid on sailing upto April 2017 (cruises that were available at the time of booking the future cruise) they have told her for us to wait till the next offers are out and they will change it to that and keep the low deposit. Very disappointed as we asked if you could change the cruise to summer 2017 when onboard and we were told yes.

You can move the deposits (at least for those in the US) but it sounds like whatever promo you had is not available right now. You should be able to keep the OBC for booking while onboard and the low $100.00 per person deposit. What exactly is the issue? Are they saying you have to pay a larger deposit? Also the amount of the book on board OBC is dependent on the cabin category and length of cruise and you do not say whether you are trying to move to a cruise of the same length with same type of cabin or not. We moved a deposit by the way from 2017 to 2018 because the itineraries had not been out yet.

If the issue is that what you had booked had 3 perks and new itinerary only has one etc., that is different because any move would be under the new promotion but low booking deposit should remain as well as OBC for booking onboard.

Edited by Jade13

Sounds to me as if it might be time for a new TA. There are a few promotions that are only being offered up until April 2017 like the pay Big get Better, so I suspect your TA is confused. Or not explaining it very well it has nothing to do with the FCC. By the way Celebrity is currently doing on board bookings for cruises beyond April 2017 up to April 2018, your TA comment does not make sense.about waiting until the FCC offers are out. Mi think they meant the overall promotion offers like the one mentioned or the get all four perks with a suite booking.

Good luck sorting it out.

Someone might be able to help you out if you tell us exactly what "perks" the TA is saying you cannot get. Someone on board a ship might be able to clarify for you. I can check next week if you wish.

You can move the deposits (at least for those in the US) but it sounds like whatever promo you had is not available right now. You should be able to keep the OBC for booking while onboard and the low $100.00 per person deposit. What exactly is the issue? Are they saying you have to pay a larger deposit? Also the amount of the book on board OBC is dependent on the cabin category and length of cruise and you do not say whether you are trying to move to a cruise of the same length with same type of cabin or not. We moved a deposit by the way from 2017 to 2018 because the itineraries had not been out yet.

If the issue is that what you had booked had 3 perks and new itinerary only has one etc., that is different because any move would be under the new promotion but low booking deposit should remain as well as OBC for booking onboard.

Thank you for your reply. This is basically what has happened, my issue is that when we booked the future cruise onboard we were told that the offer (which was for free drinks package and onboard credit for booking a balcony cabin) would be transferable to any 7 night or more cruises. We also asked if we could change to the summer 2017 and they told us yes and we could keep the offers. We have been told that we will keep the low deposit but are best waiting for a new offer.

Sounds to me as if it might be time for a new TA. There are a few promotions that are only being offered up until April 2017 like the pay Big get Better, so I suspect your TA is confused. Or not explaining it very well it has nothing to do with the FCC. By the way Celebrity is currently doing on board bookings for cruises beyond April 2017 up to April 2018, your TA comment does not make sense.about waiting until the FCC offers are out. Mi think they meant the overall promotion offers like the one mentioned or the get all four perks with a suite booking.

Good luck sorting it out.

Someone might be able to help you out if you tell us exactly what "perks" the TA is saying you cannot get. Someone on board a ship might be able to clarify for you. I can check next week if you wish.

It's not the TA that I have a problem with may be I didn't explain my situation properly. We booked a future cruise last summer which offered free drinks package and onboard spends if you booked a balcony cabin. At the time of booking we were told that the offer could be transfer to any 7 night or more cruise (in a balcony cabin) and also could be transferred to summer 2017. When our TA has tried to do this celebrity has told her that these offers are no longer available for summer 2017 sailing. We can keep our low deposit and have been advised to wait for an offer.

Hope this explains things better

It's not the TA that I have a problem with may be I didn't explain my situation properly. We booked a future cruise last summer which offered free drinks package and onboard spends if you booked a balcony cabin. At the time of booking we were told that the offer could be transfer to any 7 night or more cruise (in a balcony cabin) and also could be transferred to summer 2017. When our TA has tried to do this celebrity has told her that these offers are no longer available for summer 2017 sailing. We can keep our low deposit and have been advised to wait for an offer.

Hope this explains things better

I assume that if you are 100% confident that you TA is not the one confused then I see why you would think it is a Celebrity issue.

Perhaps someone can post on here that they transferred an On Board booking for a summer 2017 cruise or state they were told the same thing. Since anyone on board can book on board right now at the Big price and get the OBC and the Classic package with a low deposit it does not seem logical. Since I have not really done what you are saying you TA told you cannot be done I cannot know for sure.

Good luck

• 5 weeks later...
We booked 3 cruises onboard reflection 16 Jan 16 cruise. We were assured that we could move cruise and keep all perks. We were told this week that you lose all perks when cruise is transferred. Celebrity, why do these things happen?

We were told that if you move your cruise from the original, you become subject to the promotion that is taking place at the time. You could keep it or end up with a different promotion. When we did that, we got to keep all of the perks as the same ones were being offered.

We booked 3 cruises onboard reflection 16 Jan 16 cruise. We were assured that we could move cruise and keep all perks. We were told this week that you lose all perks when cruise is transferred. Celebrity, why do these things happen?

Celebrity certainly needs to be clear on which "perks" are on board booking related and which ones are only related to specific cruises.

I hope you are not saying that your TA or Celebrity is telling you that you cannot retain your On Board OBC if you transfer. What specific perks are you referencing that you cannot transfer?

Remember that while the booking is made on board it is subject to uk terms and conditions once it migrates to a uk TA ur Celebroty UK so our rules are different from what you can do in th US.

It doesn't even have to migrate to a TA Gordon, it is booked under UK T&C - hence you can only transfer to one other cruise ( a recent innovation) or if you cancel, you loose your deposit.

We got drinks, gratuity and OBC. I specifically asked onboard agent if all three would transfer to another cruise. He said yes and referenced a flyer that states on board booking is flexible. Celebrity land agent says perks we got from onboard booking are not transferable. We will force issue later when we select new date for booking. It should not be this difficult.

We booked a November'16 cruise whilst aboard Eclipse last November, I had the choice to book in US$ or GB£. I chose the US option paid $250 deposit and took the $250 obc immediately.

Early this month we decided to postpone the cruise from Nov'16 to Feb'17, the $250 deposit would be transferred to the new cruise but they wanted to charge a further $650 deposit for the Feb'17 cruise. I was told the onboard T&C are not transferrable and the land based T&C require a $900 deposit. The cruise can be changed but does involve a higher initial cost.

We got drinks, gratuity and OBC. I specifically asked onboard agent if all three would transfer to another cruise. He said yes and referenced a flyer that states on board booking is flexible. Celebrity land agent says perks we got from onboard booking are not transferable. We will force issue later when we select new date for booking. It should not be this difficult.

I understand the OBC being an on board booking benefit and even possibility the gratuities or other perk, but not the drinks, gratuities, and OBC.

Is your TA saying that the on board OBC will not be transferred? I assume you did not use the OBC that you earned on your last cruise. Did you pay the Big, Better, or Best price?

Good luck

If you book onboard, are you paying brochure rates?

You are paying the price available to everyone on the Celebrity website. There is no base price advantage to booking on board from my experience. It is not really a "brochure rate" since they do not exist anymore for Celebrity and the website is updated when the price is changed. If you transfer your cruise you have to pay the rate for that cruise.