Why do you like the Radiance Class Ships:

iuki

The Radiance class ships give me that "close to the ocean" feeling which is what I enjoy the most. The larger ships feel more like a shopping mall. I like the outside seating behind WJ and love to have breakfast there. I also like the Schooner Bar/ Colony Club area, it's a great place to relax & people watch. The lounge is a good place to dance.

Radiance is definitely our favorite class!

Sherri:)

We love the "smaller" ships for the same reason as the above posts - all the glass so you can see the ocean where ever you are on the ship. Having the Windjammer in the back of the ship - the outside eating area behind it is great for breakfast and lunch and sometimes sailaway. I've never been on the bigger ships and have no desire to cruise on a ship so big it feels like a shopping mall turned on its side. JMHO! :D

Still our favorite ships after trying the Navigator and Allure. Nothing wrong with either of them, but the Radiance class is the right size, decor, dining, etc....they just fit what we want from a cruise.

I've been on several RCI ships, varying in size.

My husband and I LOVED Brilliance. As my husband puts it: "I really liked the architectural details." The elevators face out towards the ocean, which is really nice. Since it isn't a tiny ship, you do get some of the larger ship activities (like a sports court, Persian Garden) without sacrificing a more intimate feel.

Great ships!

DG

Small enough to feel intimate, large enough to have some of the bells and whistles without becoming a kids playground.

But mostly because the sea seems to be the focus with all the glass.

Also has always had the most friendly crew when we have been on board.

Small enough to feel intimate, large enough to have some of the bells and whistles without becoming a kids playground.

But mostly because the sea seems to be the focus with all the glass.

Also has always had the most friendly crew when we have been on board.

Well said and my thoughts too! :)

We are both genuine old fogies in our 70's!

We don't need to be entertained all day and all night by the cruise director with lots of activities. We are both handicapped and have a limited ability to walk long distances. We use rollators (walkers with 4 wheels and a seat for resting) when we leave the ship. When we go ashore is is normally to wander around a bit and check out the shopping but we don't need to buy anything. We already have refrigerator magnets from all of the ports!

We are happy reading and talking with new people we meet.

We really enjoy the open air dining room at the rear of the Windjammer.

DSCN6427_zpsff86806b.jpg

DSCN6426_zps04865445.jpg

We also enjoy the Centrum and the shows there at night.

We pretty much agree with what has been posted above.

The radiance class ships are smaller, more relaxing, and more intimate.

Having done every class other than Vision and Quantum I have to say that the Radiance class is my hands-down favorite for all of the reasons stated above:

- Elegance in decor and layout

- Open, airy Centrum with fabulous sky and sea views

- Smaller ship and more intimate socializing with other passengers, less "cattle call" feel when embarking/disembarking and on port days

- Personally love the adults-only Solarium, it's warm but given that I usually come down from dry and cold regions I can't get enough of it

- Lovely staff (they're great on all ships but my experience on Jewel and Brilliance has always been a notch above).

- Interesting itineraries, being a somewhat smaller ship that can visit smaller islands without overwhelming it

Looking forward to Jewel next month and next year for all of these reasons.