Wrong Status on Luggage Tags

We became Diamond after our September cruise. On the docs for our upcoming November Serenade cruise, our Set Sail pass shows a "D" (I assume for Diamond), but our luggage tags say "Emerald". Does it matter? Any idea why this would be or how to fix it?

It won't be a problem.

However, if you do want to fix it, you would have to contact whoever booked your cruise and ask that your cruse documents be re-issued.

I think luggage is based more on when you arrive at port then your C & A status.

Combined with a bit of luck. If your luggage bin happens to get pushed behind lots of other bins, your luggage may be slow to get to your cabin no matter when it arrived at port. But the status on the tag is not likely to speed its transit.

Our status was not showng at all on our luggage tags.....someone here on the boards said if I was triying to print them as soon as I completed my Set Sail pass it might not show status.

Sure enough.....I completely logged out of the website, went back and the status was there.

Didn't know if this is your situation, but thought I would share......

Have a great cruise!!

I would call, or have your TA call, and update your reservation. This same thing happened to my wife and I on our cruise 2 weeks ago. We are Emerald but when I went to print the cruise documents, the luggage tags said "Platinum". I didn't think too much of it until we got to check-in at the pier and our SeaPass cards printed out with "Platinum" on the bottom. There wasn't a thing they could do and told me that I needed to go see the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship. So we could not board with the Emerald group and we had to go wait an hour and a half in line at 2pm to see the Loyalty Ambassador to get our SeaPass cards updated. What happened was this... our reservation was made BEFORE we became Emerald in the RCCL system. Apparently, the reservation doesn't automatically update. We did book through a TA, so I'm not sure if that's the difference.

Since you are Diamond I would definitely call, since you may get an unpleasant surprise at check-in with an "Emerald" SeaPass card and there won't be anything you can do about it until you see the Loyalty Ambassador.

Mike

. So we could not board with the Emerald group and we had to go wait an hour and a half in line at 2pm to see the Loyalty Ambassador to get our SeaPass cards updated.

Mike

Why, your card should have made no difference in your cruise. We have cruised twice where they had the wrong status on either mine or my wife's cards and it made no difference. Stand in line to see the LA for that, no way.

As far as the lounge went , we just used the correct card to open the door.

I would call, or have your TA call, and update your reservation. This same thing happened to my wife and I on our cruise 2 weeks ago. We are Emerald but when I went to print the cruise documents, the luggage tags said "Platinum". I didn't think too much of it until we got to check-in at the pier and our SeaPass cards printed out with "Platinum" on the bottom. There wasn't a thing they could do and told me that I needed to go see the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship. So we could not board with the Emerald group and we had to go wait an hour and a half in line at 2pm to see the Loyalty Ambassador to get our SeaPass cards updated. What happened was this... our reservation was made BEFORE we became Emerald in the RCCL system. Apparently, the reservation doesn't automatically update. We did book through a TA, so I'm not sure if that's the difference.

Since you are Diamond I would definitely call, since you may get an unpleasant surprise at check-in with an "Emerald" SeaPass card and there won't be anything you can do about it until you see the Loyalty Ambassador.

Mike

Our Set Sail pass is correct ( I assume that's what the "D" means), but the luggage tags are wrong. I booked through the RCCL website. I need to call tomorrow anyway to see if our OBC is showing up. I'll ask them about it then....I doubt it will make any difference.

Mike

OP did say they had a 'D' on their SetSail.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Why, your card should have made no difference in your cruise. We have cruised twice where they had the wrong status on either mine or my wife's cards and it made no difference. Stand in line to see the LA for that, no way.

As far as the lounge went , we just used the correct card to open the door.

Mike did say that both their sea passes were at the lower level. I think if this happened to you, you'd be in line with Mike. [emoji15]

Mike did say that both their sea passes were at the lower level. I think if this happened to you, you'd be in line with Mike. [emoji15]

G card

Edited by setsail

we alll worked hard to get to Diamond so that would be my concern to insure you have full access before you board and your Seapass is loaded with your Crown & Anchor benefits. You no longer get coupons and I would not want to deal with Cusomer loyalty when this is easily remidied pre-cruise. Reprinting your Setsail and luggage tags is easy enough. The fact you have a discrepancy between the two tells me there is a hitch in the get-a-long at RCCL.

we alll worked hard to get to Diamond so that would be my concern to insure you have full access before you board and your Seapass is loaded with your Crown & Anchor benefits. You no longer get coupons and I would not want to deal with Cusomer loyalty when this is easily remidied pre-cruise. Reprinting your Setsail and luggage tags is easy enough. The fact you have a discrepancy between the two tells me there is a hitch in the get-a-long at RCCL.

Not that there are no hitches in Royal's getalongs, but in this case it's simply a matter of the process Royal uses to generate cruise docs. They only generate cruise docs (which includes luggage tags) once, unless requested to do them again. So if a guest's status changes after the cruise docs are generated, it does not change the cruise docs, unless a request is made.

Our Set Sail pass is correct ( I assume that's what the "D" means), but the luggage tags are wrong. I booked through the RCCL website. I need to call tomorrow anyway to see if our OBC is showing up. I'll ask them about it then....I doubt it will make any difference.

Could the D mean your quadrant location on the ships grid for the luggage pre-sort?

Could the D mean your quadrant location on the ships grid for the luggage pre-sort?

If the "D" is next to the names of the guests on the SetSail pass, it signifies Diamond level.

Edited by clarea

Not that there are no hitches in Royal's getalongs, but in this case it's simply a matter of the process Royal uses to generate cruise docs. They only generate cruise docs (which includes luggage tags) once, unless requested to do them again. So if a guest's status changes after the cruise docs are generated, it does not change the cruise docs, unless a request is made.

Thanks, Bob, for your usual rational response. I'll ask tomorrow when I call about OBC, but I'm pretty sure I generated those docs before our Diamond status showed on the RCCL site. I doubt it will cause a problem of any kind.

Thanks!

Anne

They have sent me Luggage Tags to print.

I assumed the D was to do with loading allocation or something.

This is what it looks like.

attachment.php?attachmentid=366298&stc=1&d=1445815712

Is the D for Diamond?

The "D" in the picture is for the quadrant your stateroom is in.