The Beach House

NauticalMiss

From memory, we booked via CP to dine at The Beach House when on Aurora earlier this year. I understand that Azura now has a Beach House, but I am unable to book via CP before we depart. Does anyone know if my CP has not been updated, or do you book when on board ship?

TIA

Edited by NauticalMiss

When we was on her in April you can't book you turn up and are given a pager to come back later. suggest you go early get a pager then go for a drink we tried three times to get in going at 8.00pm and couldn't get a table till after 9.30. which was to late

Mark

What is so special about The Beach House? I am not being provocative, just asking...

As you know its the buffet restaurant with table cloths and very good service. The food is excellent and its nice and quiet and relaxed. Its very nice for a change of venue and we usually go once on each cruise.

Personally I thought the menu was awful. There was nothing I wanted. Ribs, burgers, nachos etc. Anything I would like had an extra charge.

Always so negative. Nobody said it was gourmet food but it can be a nice little change from the MDR. If the menu was the same as the MDR then obviously nobody would go.

Its not all nachos and burgers. These are the main courses.

Kentucky Hot Brown Norfolk turkey steak, crisp bacon and beef steak tomato toasted sandwich with Mornay sauce served with french fries

Cuban Pulled Chipotle Pork Tortilla Wrap Caramelised onions, home fries, pork crackling, apple sauce and mayonnaise

Sizzler Plates Your choice of sizzling chicken, spicy shrimp, beef steak or grilled halloumi (v) with vegetables, flour tortillas and home fries

Marinated Salmon Fillet with Onion Crumble and Smokey Applewood Glaze Creamed horseradish mash, buttered asparagus and bois boudran sauce

Blackened Cod Fillet with a Jack Daniels Miso Glaze

Mature Cheddar Macaroni Cheese with Truffle Oil (v) Smokey baked beans, kimchi slaw and chilli corn bread

Speciality Prime Burger £1.95 6oz beef burger and Monterey Jack cheese in an all butter brioche bun with coleslaw, onions rings and fries Beach House Rib Combo £2.95

Beef short ribs slow cooked in Cola and Bourbon Spicy peanut lamb ribs Barbecue baby back ribs served with red slaw and fat chips

Cook your own fillet of Beef on Lava Rock £2.95

Speciality Kebabs Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Dry Cured Bacon, Lamb and Pork Fillet Medallions £3.95

Lobster Tail, King Prawn, Squid and Mussels £5.95

Oh, I didn't see it with table cloths and with waiters. I only went up there in the day time when it was just the normal wipe clean tables, so it was a bit hard to imagine the attraction of its 'ambience'.

Oh, I didn't see it with table cloths and with waiters. I only went up there in the day time when it was just the normal wipe clean tables, so it was a bit hard to imagine the attraction of its 'ambience'.

I can understand that. Maybe its just being able to find a table that makes it better. :) It certainly doesn't compare with Sindhu or Epicurean but its enjoyable.

We were on Ventura last week. No issue just turning up and getting a table. I thought they did a good job of making it feel like a speciality restaurant. I enjoyed having a better view of the ocean and sunset than in the MDR. It was nice for a change.

Yes there is a cover charge of £5 I think and there are extra charges for lots of things as shown above. I was sorry they changed from Sorrento. Really enjoyed the food in there, but 4 of us went to look at the menu for the Beach Hut and all felt the same about it.

I shall be trying Sindhu when we are next on board.

Edited by jeanlyon

Always so negative. Nobody said it was gourmet food but it can be a nice little change from the MDR. If the menu was the same as the MDR then obviously nobody would go.

Its not all nachos and burgers. These are the main courses.

Kentucky Hot Brown Norfolk turkey steak, crisp bacon and beef steak tomato toasted sandwich with Mornay sauce served with french fries

Cuban Pulled Chipotle Pork Tortilla Wrap Caramelised onions, home fries, pork crackling, apple sauce and mayonnaise

Sizzler Plates Your choice of sizzling chicken, spicy shrimp, beef steak or grilled halloumi (v) with vegetables, flour tortillas and home fries

Marinated Salmon Fillet with Onion Crumble and Smokey Applewood Glaze Creamed horseradish mash, buttered asparagus and bois boudran sauce

Blackened Cod Fillet with a Jack Daniels Miso Glaze

Mature Cheddar Macaroni Cheese with Truffle Oil (v) Smokey baked beans, kimchi slaw and chilli corn bread

Speciality Prime Burger £1.95 6oz beef burger and Monterey Jack cheese in an all butter brioche bun with coleslaw, onions rings and fries Beach House Rib Combo £2.95

Beef short ribs slow cooked in Cola and Bourbon Spicy peanut lamb ribs Barbecue baby back ribs served with red slaw and fat chips

Cook your own fillet of Beef on Lava Rock £2.95

Speciality Kebabs Chicken, Chorizo Sausage, Dry Cured Bacon, Lamb and Pork Fillet Medallions £3.95

Lobster Tail, King Prawn, Squid and Mussels £5.95

Drool Drool :D

I always try to visit once per cruise.

Am I right in saying that there is a Beach House now on Oceana? If so I'll give it a go on our Christmas cruise. It's all about variety

Yes it is on Oceana now too gadabout. We're looking forward to going in Feb.

We tried it for the first time earlier this year on Ventura and it's amazing how different it feels from the buffet. There's nice table linen; it's very calm because there's only so many places; the staff are really friendly; and the menu is just a bit different from the meat and two veg etc in the MDR. It's not fine dining but it's great if you just want a change and a quiet relaxing evening.

I don't know how some people can just moan about it without even trying it.

Edited by tartanexile81

We tried it for the first time earlier this year on Ventura and it's amazing how different it feels from the buffet. There's nice table linen; it's very calm because there's only so many places; the staff are really friendly; and the menu is just a bit different from the meat and two veg etc in the MDR. It's not fine dining but it's great if you just want a change and a quiet relaxing evening.

Totally agree, very well said.

My pet hate are those who say they're not going to try the speciality dining as there is a cost. The premium price is usually modest and it's good to get a break from the MDR which gets a bit samey

We always visit the Beachouse at least twice per cruise, I enjoy the Lave Rock cooked steak and the seafood sizzler. I believe they have updated the menu and now have a seafood kebab. The cover charge of £5.00 was introduced a couple of years ago but the supplementary charges for some of the courses were reduced by a fiver at the same time, prior to the cover charge being introduced it appeared a large number of passengers were using the Beachouse and only selecting the non surcharge items from the menu.