The Beach House

NauticalMiss

Dont mind the cover charge, but object to half the items on the menu having another extra charge. That didn't happen with Sorrento. And actually the manu at the Beach Hut is meat, meat and more meat, with fish being an extra.

Sorrento did have a cover charge for steak

I have a food allergy and they found it quite difficult in the Beach House because they said most of it is pre-prepared and vacuum packed. Not saying there is anything wrong with that just that it's more difficult to customise for allergies if that is a consideration.

Dont mind the cover charge, but object to half the items on the menu having another extra charge. That didn't happen with Sorrento. And actually the manu at the Beach Hut is meat, meat and more meat, with fish being an extra.

Not true. There are fish dishes in the Beach House for which there is no surcharge. Things may have changed since you last looked at the menu. How long ago was that? Ventura was the first, and for some time the only, ship to offer the Beach House.

The Beach House is obviously very popular as it's being rolled out across the fleet. I, for one, am delighted about it, and delighted that it will replace the Ocean Grill on Oceana which charged more for meat, meat and more meat.

Wrong again. Only a few items have an extra charge.

We always visit the Beachouse at least twice per cruise, I enjoy the Lave Rock cooked steak and the seafood sizzler. I believe they have updated the menu and now have a seafood kebab. The cover charge of £5.00 was introduced a couple of years ago but the supplementary charges for some of the courses were reduced by a fiver at the same time, prior to the cover charge being introduced it appeared a large number of passengers were using the Beachouse and only selecting the non surcharge items from the menu.

The seafood kebab is excellent. It is hung on a skewer/frame that the plate rests on.

I'm trying hard to remember the original equivalent on Ventura was it the Trattoria? Lovely Italian options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was Italian and on Azura too. Lovely atmosphere in the Beach House but I did prefer the Italian menu.

The waiters were very relaxed in there on Britannia and were having fun joking around with us, so that was nice. Also it's your best bet of a window seat. I can't remember much about the pricing or the food, I went for my husband as he likes that sort of menu. My favourites are Ocean Grill, Sindhu and Glass House and both Indian and Jamaican nights in the buffet. Oh and not to forget the MDR Stilton with port .... Can't wait until next week, but it's going to ruin my diet [emoji4]

Edited by Florry

The last time I looked was on Oriana in September, only a few weeks ago. And if you look at the items above, there are at least 6 that have extra charges. I'm not big for meat and when we were having drinks at the back of the conservatory, I kept seeing great big skewers of meat. It's OK, each to their own. I would have had a hard time choosing something that I really wanted. It wasn't that busy either, there were only about 6 tables from memory.

having said that, I also had a hard time some evenings choosing in the MDR and so did others on our table. when I chose from the Always Available, the salmon was overcooked and dry, but the steak was very good. I'm looking forward to a new menu. Everything seemed exactly the same as a year ago.

The waiters were very relaxed in there on Britannia and were having fun joking around with us, so that was nice. Also it's your best bet of a window seat. I can't remember much about the pricing or the food, I went for my husband as he likes that sort of menu. My favourites are Ocean Grill, Sindhu and Glass House and both Indian and Jamaican nights in the buffet. Oh and not to forget the MDR Stilton with port .... Can't wait until next week, but it's going to ruin my diet [emoji4]

Florry, I agree, love the Indian and Jamaican nights. We went to both Indian evenings. Missed the Thai one due to going to Padua for the day.

The last time I looked was on Oriana in September, only a few weeks ago. And if you look at the items above, there are at least 6 that have extra charges. I'm not big for meat and when we were having drinks at the back of the conservatory, I kept seeing great big skewers of meat. It's OK, each to their own. I would have had a hard time choosing something that I really wanted. It wasn't that busy either, there were only about 6 tables from memory.

having said that, I also had a hard time some evenings choosing in the MDR and so did others on our table. when I chose from the Always Available, the salmon was overcooked and dry, but the steak was very good. I'm looking forward to a new menu. Everything seemed exactly the same as a year ago.

You are right the menu has hardly changed in 2 years, but despite recently being on our 4th cruise in that time I had 5 main courses in 12 nights that I had never had before. The only meal that was a disappointment was an old favourite Beef Wellington.

I'm not very attracted by the menu I'm afraid, although the beef cooked on the lava stone and for my OH the seafood sizzler would provide an acceptable something different if we fancied a change from the MDR.

In fairness, often you have to pay a supplement for beef dishes in restaurants at home.

Edited by Scriv

Was that Sorrento? That was fab.

No I was talking about the buffet restaurant that turned into the Beach House on Ventura and something like Trattoria on Azura in the evenings. In the evening it had the Italian menu but had no cover charge (now it's £5) I went to Sorrento on Oriana that was a cover charge restaurant (£15?) and was very good. I believe Sorrento on Oriana is now The Beach House.

The buffet restaurant on Ventura that changes into the Beach House in the evening was called.....the Beach House....honest :)

It had a much better paint job than Waterside and lots of cruisers either did not know it existed, could not be bothered to walk the extra yards, or preferred the bunfight in the main buffet. Actually they probably though it was closed but you can eat in there even when the serveries were closed. It provides access to the Terrace bar so can't be closed as such.

after a early breakfast in the beach house i like to have a couple of cups of tea in the terrace bar watching the wake. :)

The buffet restaurant on Ventura that changes into the Beach House in the evening was called.....the Beach House....honest :)

. :)

Oh yes I know that! I meant it turned into the waiter service bit. Sorry if I didn't make that clear! We liked it for breakfast too - as you say very quiet in that bit.