What will the Harmony of the Seas show be?

jaydc2

Here's the clue,

[emoji826]️ = TB ? [emoji166] = PL ? Maybe. Think about it. Or is the show about witches? (Might b 2 early 4 that show though, right?)

#harmonyshowclues

Upon thinking about it, the black square - T-Birds. The pink bow - pink ladies. That's another grease reference.

The witches thing is the bit that throws me off...

"Greased Lightning" is a song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Starlight Express". And it is about a big train race. :p

It is actually one of my favorite musicals, but since it involves roller skating (to simulate trains)....I think it is probably an unlikely choice. :D

And you just led me to the suggestion I was just going to make. What about Starlight Express? Okay, actors on roller skates on tracks encircling the theater might not work on a ship!

The first time I saw it in London in 1984, I had a lump in my throat the whole time; it was amazing.

What about Le Miserables? Maybe a little to "heavy" for those who prefer "Grease".

I never understood why some folks think Cats is too long. I've seen it three times; no problemo for me.

Aside from extravagant musicals, why not a funny play? One that comes to mind is "Noises Off".

And you just led me to the suggestion I was just going to make. What about Starlight Express? Okay, actors on roller skates on tracks encircling the theater might not work on a ship!

The first time I saw it in London in 1984, I had a lump in my throat the whole time; it was amazing.

What about Le Miserables? Maybe a little to "heavy" for those who prefer "Grease".

I never understood why some folks think Cats is too long. I've seen it three times; no problemo for me.

Aside from extravagant musicals, why not a funny play? One that comes to mind is "Noises Off".

I also would love a comedy. I know I am dating myself, but saw "I Love My Wife" on Broadway many, many years ago. HYSTERICAL.

Is it possible that it could be the Wizard of Oz? I believe Dorothy's slippers have bows, the storm could signify the lighting bolt. The reference to witches and music everyone knows. Just a guess

I would be happy with the Wizard of Oz too! In fact, most of these rumours would make me quite happy!

If we are going with Andrew Lloyd Webber...he has also done a Wizard of Oz adaptation that was on in the West End from 2011 -2012.... Not sure about Broadway though? And I don't think it's currently running anywhere which would make it ideal?

I agree Grease would be good. Wicked would be wicked! I'm sure whichever show they do it will be upbeat and awesome!

A quick search on google says that the Wizard of Oz was on Broadway in 1902.

Was it on the West End?

I agree Grease would be good. Wicked would be wicked! I'm sure whichever show they do it will be upbeat and awesome!

A quick search on google says that the Wizard of Oz was on Broadway in 1902.

Was it on the West End?

Not to my knowledge - and I didn't include it because it's not The Wizard of Oz that would be familiar to a mass audience. The 1902 production was done by L. Frank Baum and a composer friend of his and would be wholly unfamiliar to most. Among the differences:

• The Wicked Witch of the West doesn't appear
  • None of the songs that you're familiar with appear (they're all from the MGM film version so there goes the clue about familiar songs you could sing along to, unless you're familiar with the Scarecrow's major song, "The Traveler and the Pie")
  • Multiple characters that aren't familiar (Sir Dashemoff Daily, Pastoria, Tryxie Trifle, etc)
  • The Cowardly Lion doesn't talk, but only does pantomime
  • Toto is a cow named Imogene

I think it's a far stretch to think it's Wizard of Oz when the version that was on Broadway in 1902 is just not the version people are familiar with.

Not to my knowledge - and I didn't include it because it's not The Wizard of Oz that would be familiar to a mass audience. The 1902 production was done by L. Frank Baum and a composer friend of his and would be wholly unfamiliar to most. Among the differences:

• The Wicked Witch of the West doesn't appear
  • None of the songs that you're familiar with appear (they're all from the MGM film version so there goes the clue about familiar songs you could sing along to, unless you're familiar with the Scarecrow's major song, "The Traveler and the Pie")
  • Multiple characters that aren't familiar (Sir Dashemoff Daily, Pastoria, Tryxie Trifle, etc)
  • The Cowardly Lion doesn't talk, but only does pantomime
  • Toto is a cow named Imogene

I think it's a far stretch to think it's Wizard of Oz when the version that was on Broadway in 1902 is just not the version people are familiar with.

Wow! You've really done your homework, or your really really old!:D.....All kidding aside I think your right it's a far stretch to think it's the Wizard of Oz. All of the clues seem to be pointing toward Grease. That will be more fun anyway!

I can't take this! I wish they would just announce it instead of dragging it out.

Come on Royal, please!!!!

I skipped from the beginning of this thread to the last page, so perhaps I missed it, but as Harmony's construction progresses I would think soon would be a good time. I don't remember how far ahead of Allure it was announced.

Here's the clue,

◼️ = TB ? 🎀 = PL ? Maybe. Think about it. Or is the show about witches? (Might b 2 early 4 that show though, right?)

#harmonyshowclues

TB = T Birds

PL = Pink Ladies

Wella wella wella oomph, tell me more tell me more.:)