Tender in Belize.....how to be the first?

Gabruska

We have booked a private tour excursion in Belize (not the cruise line offer) and we were told to try to be on the first tender to give us enough time. After reading some horror stories about tender in Belize( waiting in lines for hours etc.) I am little worry how we are going to accomplish this? Anybody has some suggestions, experience? What is the process? Do you go get your ticket and come back or do you have to wait in line until they start tendering if you go early?

Thank you.

Edited by Gabruska

If you can't get on the 1st, you'll get on the next...just get in line. Your guide WILL wait, if they want your money...they know how this works!!!! The tenders hold A LOT of folks!

Edited by cb at sea

Keep in mind that early RCCL excursions will also have priority on leaving the ship. There may be several tenders that leave with excursion groups and other priority passengers before tendering for everyone begins.

To get a low number tender ticket, your entire party must be together and each person will be given a ticket (one person can not collect for a group).

The line will form early for the tender tickets (think 1-2 hours before tickets will be issued), and yes, people get real surly with a place holder that thinks additional people can join him in line when the time comes (at least on my RCCL cruise in February it was this way). Staff sent the line joiners to the back of the line as once again, the party should be together before lining up.

I dislike tendering in general. It is always a hassle. On the last couple of ships they asked one person from the group to get in line to get tickets for the whole group. but, you are correct, the whole group must be ready to leave.

We have only been to Belize one time, but the tendering took quite some time. It is a longish trip to shore.

Keep in mind that early RCCL excursions will also have priority on leaving the ship. There may be several tenders that leave with excursion groups and other priority passengers before tendering for everyone begins.

To get a low number tender ticket, your entire party must be together and each person will be given a ticket (one person can not collect for a group).

The line will form early for the tender tickets (think 1-2 hours before tickets will be issued), and yes, people get real surly with a place holder that thinks additional people can join him in line when the time comes (at least on my RCCL cruise in February it was this way). Staff sent the line joiners to the back of the line as once again, the party should be together before lining up.

I have been at ports where you just join a line up, didn't need tender tickets, so not sure if this is something for Belize tenders only? If so, where do you get the tickets from and are tickets available upon arrival at port, or some other day? Thanks, any clarification would be appreciated!

Check to see if there are any cheap ship excursions you could sign up for just to get ashore early. I wouldn't do that on a popular excursion where you might deprive someone from a ticket who really wants that excursion, but sometimes there are "explore on your own" or similar ones.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D:DBob and Phyl

We have booked a private tour excursion in Belize (not the cruise line offer) and we were told to try to be on the first tender to give us enough time. After reading some horror stories about tender in Belize( waiting in lines for hours etc.) I am little worry how we are going to accomplish this? Anybody has some suggestions, experience? What is the process? Do you go get your ticket and come back or do you have to wait in line until they start tendering if you go early?

Thank you.

the first tender of the day is reserved for those on ship excursions and suites/pinnacle only. if there is room after that, they might allow the rest of us to board. they usually run at least 2 at a time, and sometimes more than that, and even from both sides of the ship.

I have been at ports where you just join a line up, didn't need tender tickets, so not sure if this is something for Belize tenders only? If so, where do you get the tickets from and are tickets available upon arrival at port, or some other day? Thanks, any clarification would be appreciated!

sometimes they have table set up in some random spot to get your tickets. an empty lounge, the movie theater, etc. you will be informed the way that your particular ship is handling things.

Our experience has been that one person can go down and collect the tender tickets for their party.

As I mentioned, our February RCCL cruise strictly enforced the party must be together and each person was given one ticket. We tendered at both Belize and Grand Cayman and the giving out of tender tickets were strictly controlled at both. A staff person also checked that each person had the proper tender group number before being allowed down the stairs to the tender deck.

Maybe it is up to the CD's staff on each ship and port on how it will be handled.

As I mentioned, our February RCCL cruise strictly enforced the party must be together and each person was given one ticket. We tendered at both Belize and Grand Cayman and the giving out of tender tickets were strictly controlled at both. A staff person also checked that each person had the proper tender group number before being allowed down the stairs to the tender deck.

Maybe it is up to the CD's staff on each ship and port on how it will be handled.

On our Jewel cruise the first week in October only 1 person needed to get in line to get tender tickets. Then, we got in and they ended up saying we were cleared early so no tickets required for the next half hour. They extended it another half hour before enforcing the tickets.

To the OP check the compass the day before and it will let you know where to be when whether that is in line for a tender, all for tickets or one.

May I ask which ship you were on?

sometimes they have table set up in some random spot to get your tickets. an empty lounge, the movie theater, etc. you will be informed the way that your particular ship is handling things.

Thanks for the clarification!

Thank you all for sharing your experience ;-)We will be on Independence in Belize if anybody has a particular experience with the tender on that ship. I believe we will be the only ship in port that day. I was hoping that I don't have to have the kids wait in line for hours to get on the tender, but will have to deal with it if all persons in the party have to stand in line to get a ticket.

Thank you all for sharing your experience ;-)We will be on Independence in Belize if anybody has a particular experience with the tender on that ship. I believe we will be the only ship in port that day. I was hoping that I don't have to have the kids wait in line for hours to get on the tender, but will have to deal with it if all persons in the party have to stand in line to get a ticket.

You won't have to wait in line for hours. Once you have your tender tickets you can wait comfortably in any lounge until your number is called.

When loading the tenders they go by numbers which are given out after those going on shore excursions through the ship are off. All the info will be in the Daily Cruise Compass the night prior to your arrival in Belize.

Edited by cruisenfever