Has anyone ever tried this?

joeyancho

We are sailing next Saturday on the Miracle. Sunday is a sea day. We will be watching the games in the sports bar. Does anyone know if room service will deliver to The sports bar? A couple of sandwiches would be nice. Thanks in advance.

We are sailing next Saturday on the Miracle. Sunday is a sea day. We will be watching the games in the sports bar. Does anyone know if room service will deliver to The sports bar? A couple of sandwiches would be nice. Thanks in advance.

A couple next to us in the sports bar on the Miracle asked the bartender if room service would provide service at the bar and they were told no. The woman was ticked at that and used a nearby house phone and called room service. She came back and told the husband it was a no go so they went to the lido for sandwiches.

A couple next to us in the sports bar on the Miracle asked the bartender if room service would provide service at the bar and they were told no. The woman was ticked at that and used a nearby house phone and called room service. She came back and told the husband it was a no go so they went to the lido for sandwiches.

Thanks, just a thought. Guess I will head up to the lido. I won't be ticked off.

Edited by joeyancho

I have gone up to lido and brought back a huge plate of chicken for "the guys" watching football. Needless to say it went over very well. Susan

Susan, I've done the same. Works out Great! :D

LuLu

I've brought cookies and brownies to the Piano Bar. The same group of people went night after night. We got hungry around midnight so I went up to the Lido late night grill and filled a plate. Everyone was happy.

I have gone up to lido and brought back a huge plate of chicken for "the guys" watching football. Needless to say it went over very well. Susan

Susan, that's just too logical to do. I mean do it yourself/serve yourself is so over the top on a cruise. It's a wonder to me how people even made it on board by themselves or how they even made it through the buffet line to serve themselves. I like your comment. :D

You have to be in your ROOM to get ROOM service!

It says room service not YOUR room service or CABIN service. Isn't the sports bar in a room??? :D

Besides, pizza during the game sounds better anyway. Especially the Quatro Fromaggi pizza on the Miracle. YUM!!!

Bob

Try calling Jimmy Johns.

I think it would be awesome to be able to get the room service items when you're sitting in the sports bar or anywhere decks 3-5 where there is not a lot of food (at a bar though - not someone coming to a random couch or lounge chair or anything). We go in January and want to watch the playoff games and it'd be great to be able to get a sandwich. It's not a huge deal to go get something from Lido, but when you don't want to miss the game, it'd be nice to have something come to you.

This is a legit question - NOT a complaint - what do you think would be the reasoning behind only delivering to rooms, not to a bar? Just curious. NOT saying they should, not saying I hate that they don't - just thinking. My guess would be not opening a can of worms - if you deliver to a bar, why not to a specific lounge chair or seat on promenade... etc, etc. Any other thoughts?

On Princess when there's a big game going on, Princess will open up a lounge and show the game on a big screen. Also, they have a layout of food like chicken wings, ribs, etc. I'd like to see something like that on Carnival. They also had a waiter going around getting drinks for everyone. It was a big hit and the lounge was packed.

I think it would be awesome to be able to get the room service items when you're sitting in the sports bar or anywhere decks 3-5 where there is not a lot of food (at a bar though - not someone coming to a random couch or lounge chair or anything). We go in January and want to watch the playoff games and it'd be great to be able to get a sandwich. It's not a huge deal to go get something from Lido, but when you don't want to miss the game, it'd be nice to have something come to you.

This is a legit question - NOT a complaint - what do you think would be the reasoning behind only delivering to rooms, not to a bar? Just curious. NOT saying they should, not saying I hate that they don't - just thinking. My guess would be not opening a can of worms - if you deliver to a bar, why not to a specific lounge chair or seat on promenade... etc, etc. Any other thoughts?

Because then they would have to deliver everywhere else.

It's a game if it's that important stay home or in your room.

On Princess when there's a big game going on, Princess will open up a lounge and show the game on a big screen. Also, they have a layout of food like chicken wings, ribs, etc. I'd like to see something like that on Carnival. They also had a waiter going around getting drinks for everyone. It was a big hit and the lounge was packed.

That sounds AWESOME.

Carnival does this exact same thing for the super bowl. Except instead of a lounge the game was shown in the theater and they had hot dogs and burritos and the like. Specials on buckets of beer served in a football helmet shaped bucket.