Tinted moisturizer in humidity?

KatieBug28

Hi all!

Wondering if anyone has had luck using a tinted moisturizer in lieu of foundation when heading out into humidity? Just got back from a Mexican Riviera cruise and felt like I was MELTING in the humidity! My foundation (Bare Minerals) is great normally, but I didn't feel like it held up well in this case.

I'm wondering if a tinted moisturizer would work better next time? This will just be to even out my skin tone while we're at the beach or on an excursion, etc. I don't wear full makeup when we're going ashore, mostly because we do adventure-type activities that get you wet or dirty. So just looking for something that won't melt off and will give me a bit of coverage.

Any tips appreciated!

I recently started using It Cosmetics cc cream. It's a "full coverage" with anti aging serum and spf50. It's not heavy at all and blends out redness or uneven tone. I feel it looks/feels very natural and doesn't get too shiny. My skin is super oily and finicky (breaks out easily) and I've loved this product in all weather conditions. I will say, if you have dry skin, it might work better over a hydrating serum, toner, or moisturizer. I even use it for going out, with a touch of powder over top to finish. Hope this helps... You can try it out at Ulta or you may find it in a Birchbox subscription, that's how I found it.

I use Bare Minerals and their Complexion Rescue. In the morning I run the brush over my face after applying the complexion rescue. There is always sufficient makeup on the brush to take away any shine and it is not too heavy. A quick light dusting of blush and I'm good to go for the day.

I started using the Smashbox photo finish primer which helped keep my makeup in place during my Med cruise. If you want to try out some different products you should check out Birchbox or Ipsy. They are both great in sending you a bunch of products to try out. I found the smashbox in a Birchbox and would have never tried it otherwise.

I use a water resistant facial sunscreen and don't worry about color (I don't regularly use foundation of any kind) To me, it's more important that I don't get sun damage than I look "good". And as someone above stated, I sweat. None of that "glistening" for me:D

I use a water resistant facial sunscreen and don't worry about color (I don't regularly use foundation of any kind) To me, it's more important that I don't get sun damage than I look "good". And as someone above stated, I sweat. None of that "glistening" for me:D

Same with me, Hoyaheel. I never saw the need to do a "full face" makeup - I love my natural self. I never have to worry about my "face" melting off ;) I use a moisturizer with SPF protection EVERY DAY, not just on vacation. Right now, I'm using Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum SPF 30. Very lightweight and doesn't "melt" on my face, even when I'm trail running.

BUT, at work, I was told I had to wear some makeup. Ugh. I have some Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer that I wear when I must. Still wipes off. Then, I received a little sample tube of Origins VitaZing moisturizer. It has a little tint to it. Not horrible, but it still wipes off. I have no desire to look further for a solution.

We're on vacation - give our faces a vacation from all that glop we use in daily life!!! A little SPF moisturizer, and a little waterproof eyeliner, and you'll be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get real oily and I don't like a ton of make up on Caribbean vacations. I finally started using Clinique's Tinted Moisturizer for day on warm cruises. I tried Lancôme's and found it too dry so you might like to try that brand. With the tints if I want to glam up for a specialty restaurant I don't need to start from scratch. I just add a bit of regular foundation or powder over the moisturizer then blush and add eye shadow to my waterproof mascara'd eyes.

BUT, at work, I was told I had to wear some makeup. Ugh. I have some Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer that I wear when I must. Still wipes off. Then, I received a little sample tube of Origins VitaZing moisturizer. It has a little tint to it. Not horrible, but it still wipes off. I have no desire to look further for a solution.

Wow unless you work in the business of makeup that sounds a little overkill. Do they make the men wear makeup?

Try the skin79 bb cream in the gold bottle. You can order an assortment of their sample sizes from eBay or Amazon quite cheaply, no need to pay high end prices. I also recommend blinc tubing mascara if you find "waterproof" mascara smears (it does on me).

Edited by perditax

Everybody sweats differently in humidity. My face literally drips in sweat, so just leaving it bare is my only choice. Red faced and drippy - such a lovely look. :eek:

Thats me also so I a clinique self tanner for the color and brush some powder on. When it drips off....I still have a little color.;)

Wow unless you work in the business of makeup that sounds a little overkill. Do they make the men wear makeup?

We don't have to all tarted up, but they do not like the "plain face" look. But, the makeup must be neutrals - no bright shadows or liners. The men don't have to wear makeup, but, they have to be clean-shaven (even if that means having to go back to the locker room and re-shave mid-shift), and have "Disneyland" haircuts - no hair touching collar, sideburns no lower than ear lobe. Women may only wear one pair of earrings and they may be no larger than a quarter; men - no earrings. Both sexes may wear only one ring on each hand. Life in the rigid corporate world.

We don't have to all tarted up, but they do not like the "plain face" look. But, the makeup must be neutrals - no bright shadows or liners. The men don't have to wear makeup, but, they have to be clean-shaven (even if that means having to go back to the locker room and re-shave mid-shift), and have "Disneyland" haircuts - no hair touching collar, sideburns no lower than ear lobe. Women may only wear one pair of earrings and they may be no larger than a quarter; men - no earrings. Both sexes may wear only one ring on each hand. Life in the rigid corporate world.

Aha, I think I know where you work. ;)

Do check out the old school Korean BB creams like skin79 or Missha.

The last 2 cruises I did Physician's Formula CC cream over Benefit's Porefection. It kept me from dripping not too much. I then did a BB powder with spf for touch ups during the day.

I'm at my dermatologist regularly for psoriasis issues. She even only sees me bare faced for my annual skin check. I'm that much of a self conscious diva.

The last 2 cruises I did Physician's Formula CC cream over Benefit's Porefection. It kept me from dripping not too much. I then did a BB powder with spf for touch ups during the day.

I'm at my dermatologist regularly for psoriasis issues. She even only sees me bare faced for my annual skin check. I'm that much of a self conscious diva.

What's porefection do? I thought it was just primer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk