Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

Thanks.

Quick Q, where does one

We'll be on Jade next week:D:D

To purchase your Cruise Next Certificates, you can complete a form that you can print with your E-Docs prior to the cruise and visit the Cruise Consultants desk (which usually us located in the Atrium (Deck 7), near the Excursion Desk!

Is Mr "Happy-Happy" still spraying hand sanitizer at the buffet entrance? He gets around. He was also in the crew talent show, won't tell you what his talent was, you would never guess!! Also, Master Kim is probably the funniest Captain I have had on a ship. Not sure if you see him much, but the senior officers were always out milling around on the TA.

Let me hide in your closet for your 2nd leg... :) Thank you for the well wishes... I think a cruise is just the answer.. in fact he asked tonight if we could go on a cruise before he turns 18 in august so he can go to the teen club one last time. I am looking so forward to relaxing. I do so hope they still have the crepes for him...

It will be a great cruise.....relaxation and less stress is what is needed!

On day two we made all of dinner reservations in the specialty restaurants & there were very few choices left. We also booked the Jazz Brunch.

Thank you so much for the updates and pics!! Keep the menus and dailies coming. I think those of us in the North are really going to need this to keep slogging through the winter while we dream of our Caribbean crises on the Jade.

I know there is a lot of whining and complaining on here about NCL charges/changes, but this kind of stuff is what should really bother people since it has a greater impact on what I consider the most important part of a cruise. In Roatan, Royal Caribbean ponied up to dock and NCL clearly did not. Further, they have a very short port day to exacerbate the situation. That to me is the real bummer about them maximizing profits.

Disclaimer, I'm a CPA and finance/accounting type.

I completely agree. I really don't care what NCL does regarding specialty restaurants or a la carte options. I'm sure I will find too much complimentary food aboard the Jade! Same goes for a few extra dollars in service charges. The people who have left their families and homes behind to work long hours for low wages need that money more than I do.

But tendering instead of docking is a real problem for me, especially if the process is not running smoothly.

We're at the Wet Lizard in Belize. Tendering didn't begin until 9a. Open tender at 11:30a. We had VIP lunch at Cagney's before leaving ship.

You are at a favorite spot of ours.

We have met the owner several times.

She is from Atlanta.

Martinit Bar-

Aan is amazing.

His drinks are to die for.

I agree about great bartenders there.

Is Lorelie back in the Star Bar?

She is awesome also.

Judy

I'm working with the Jade guest services manager to get 7 bags of luggage with donations for the children off the ship in Roatan. He told me that we are going to dock in the morning for 35 minutes & then anchor for tendering. It should be interesting.

There's no diet Sierra Mist on the Jade.

Tonight is Country & Western night in the Garden Cafe.

Pics are not uploading. I'll try again later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm working with the Jade guest services manager to get 7 bags of luggage with donations for the children off the ship in Roatan. He told me that we are going to dock in the morning for 35 minutes & then anchor for tendering. It should be interesting.

There's no diet Sierra Mist on the Jade.

Tonight is Country & Western night in the Garden Cafe.

Pics are not uploading. I'll try again later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is good to hear - about the bags for donations.

We will have several bags when we go next week.

I hope Humberto is being good to you.

Tell him Judy from the crossing said hello.

If you see Roberto at guest services - youngish with longish hair, say hello for me too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post while you are cruising. DH and I will be sailing her in February and your review and pictures are awesome! It'll e interesting to see what if any specialty restaurant changes are made by then. The Latitudes newsletter says new menus will roll out in March. I kinda hope Cagney's lunch stays the same. I wouldn't mind shrimp cocktail every day. lol

On embarkation day how long did it take to get out into open water (no more tax on drinks)? DH and I have a bet and the loser has to pay the taxes incurred on our sailaway celebratory cocktails. :) We bet each other a dollar all of the time and I suspect that's how much the tax is while in Texas water. lol Thanks!

Thanks for the posts / updates.

When you said 'open tender at 11:30' what did you mean? I'm only silver status so no special tendering. Does this mean I wouldn't have been able to get off until 11:30? or is that when there was no longer a line and I could have gotten off much sooner if I'd gotten in line earlier in the morning?

At Le Bistro, what are the two entrees that you posted pictures of?

Thanks again!

Can you explain a little more about the tendering situation? For starters, I thought docking in Roatan was only a problem for Carnival Corp ships that had to use Mahogany Bay. Was I completely misinformed? Or has something changed to make docking at Coxen Hole more difficult than in the past?

Next, when you say the Jade is docking for 35 minutes tomorrow, do you mean only for special situations (your donations, passengers with mobility issues, VIP guests, etc)? Or do you mean that the first 35 minutes are going to be a free for all, for anyone who wants to wake up that early?