Delayed Majesty Boarding

SMN73

Guest services told me they agree the obc is a joke. There have not been authorized to offer more until they hear from corporate tomorrow. More is coming, but they don't know how much. I expect to not be satisfied. They gave me 50% off my drink package for today and are keeping bar service open later.

We are moving now. Will see what tomorrow holds

Edited by SMN73

WOW! At least it is not a brain-eating amoeba but legionnaires disease can be just as fatal or sicken people.

I am sorry that you are having such a horrible start to your cruise. I hope that they have cleaned up the water issues for you.

You might also ask them to change the air conditioning filter.

Edited by Coralc

Wow..what a mess!!

Very disappointed with the way RCI handled this...sounds like they lied, or at least hid the full truth......and as a result most ppl lost 1/3 of the trip give or take...

50% off the first day of the drink package is a joke...and keeping the bar service open later...what time were they planning on shutting it down??!...lol

Hope you guys get something..either a MUCH larger OBC or a good future cruise credit....

Several people got that notice. I was not one of them. And they are "out". I'm so not happy. This is not noro. We should have been given the option to even take the cruise. I've told them it's not an option... I want a copy of that notice. The delay was the CDC, not anything else. They flat lied in the original text.

I think I would have left as well. That's not a disease to mess around with. The thing about Legionnaires is it can take up to 10 days to show symptoms. So a person could be sitting home, nice and relaxed a a couple weeks later - wham! And at that point you can rest assured that RCI will wipe their hands clean of any health issues that people may run into.

No thanks.

We did get an extra 30 minutes at coco cay today to help make up for leaving late yesterday. I am frustrated that there is no acknowledgement about legionnaires disease being onboard and they are just going along like nothing has happened. We were told by one crew member that they were in a rush to clean the system so they could leave. Since the ship is old many systems started breaking in the rush. We now have toilets that are continuously running water and flooding. One member of our group complained and was told only those who have new issues such as the toilets will receive additional compensation.

Wow....30 mins for an almost 4 hr delay and for those that wanted to board at noon almost 8 hrs...plus now still plumbing problems??

Please tell me this is not widespread....and they are still working on it?...Hope it gets better for everyone and appreciate the updates along the way!

When we got to our room, on Friday night, went to take a shower, had the water running to get warm water, first thing you know, our shower is not draining, and it's backing up on the other side of the shower, by the toilet, called guest services, maintenance sucked out the water, stateroom attendant cleans bathroom. We thought everything was fixed, tried to have a shower for the second time, and guess what...the same thing happens again, another call to guest services, this time they had to "snake the lines", still had problems, maintenance has to enter stateroom and do work on the inside of the shower, by now it is pushing 11 pm, I just wanted a shower! Finally, it was fixed and we could shower. No extra compensation. Pretty crappy start to a cruise, but, we will make the best of it I guess.

Edited by Bronx12

Just went to guest services again. Was told that those who had plumbing issues will get 20% off a future cruise. Everyone else will receive a letter from the corporate office stating that no further compensation will be given beyond the $25 obc.

People are still having issues with plumbing and the hot tubs are out of service. I do not expect this to be fixed before the next cruise and I will be curious to see if they delay the next cruise.

We are onboard with a group of 22 people and unfortunately because of how these issues have been handled, none of us will sail with rci again.

Notice none of the regular cheerleaders on this forum dare speak up in this thread; because they know this is indefensible.

It's downright gross. DH and I were originally booked on this cruise because today is our anniversary. We were going to just get away for the weekend. I cancelled it right before final because we ended up going to the W Coast of Florida this weekend instead. I am REALLY GLAD that I cancelled!

I feel so bad for you all, 50% off your drink package for your 1st day when you weren't even on board:rolleyes:. I think the drink package should have been free for the whole ship for the 3 day, or should I say 2 day, cruise! Might have lifted some spirits after a few drinks:D! Hope they comp you well in the end!

Just went to guest services again. Was told that those who had plumbing issues will get 20% off a future cruise. Everyone else will receive a letter from the corporate office stating that no further compensation will be given beyond the $25 obc.

People are still having issues with plumbing and the hot tubs are out of service. I do not expect this to be fixed before the next cruise and I will be curious to see if they delay the next cruise.

We are onboard with a group of 22 people and unfortunately because of how these issues have been handled, none of us will sail with rci again.

Is the plumbing issue on certain decks or random? Just curious since we are boarding tomorrow. I'm so disappointed how it seems they are handling all this.

I'm so glad to be off this ship! I sure hope they aren't planning on sending out letters saying no additional compensation will be given. $25 was a slap in the face. I got to my room late Friday to realize my door lock wouldn't work. So as a solo female cruiser I slept with the light on since my door wouldn't lock. Maintenance wouldn't come until the next morning... Sounds like they were up to their ears in plumbing issues. Like I told guest services, my health and safety were both potentially compromised. To tell me those things are worth a measly $25 is an insult. I had planned on booking a future cruise on board. I decided to wait to see how this is handled. There are too many choices these days for customers to be treated this way.

We just returned this morning from our trip on board the Majesty of the Seas. The delayed boarding, due to water superchlorination procedures, (found to be the second time in 9 weeks) was an EPIC FAILURE. We were instructed by e-mail, text message AND voice mail the day prior not to report to the port until after 6pm and that the boarding process would take place from 6pm - 8pm. As instructed, we delayed our arrival from the originally scheduled 2:30pm to 6:00pm. When we arrived at 6:00 we found a line of passengers outside the terminal with approximately 200-300 people (who knows how many were inside the terminal). We stood in line outside being asphyxiated by bus and van fumes for a little more than two hours. I saw someone with a bottle of water and asked where they got it. It appears that someone from the port or cruise line placed a couple of tubs with water in it along side of the buses. NO ONE FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN EVER CAME THROUGH THE LINE TO SPEAK WITH OR OFFER INFORMATION. Finally, the line started moving only to be stopped prior to security check n for another 45 minutes. We finally made it on board about 5 minutes until 9:00pm. At nearly 9:30 the mandatory muster drill took place. It was sometime after 10:15 that the ship actually set sail. The up side of this cruise was that the service staff went out of their way to make things right. The senior staff were OBVIOUSLY unavailable and hid throughout the entire cruise. We saw the captain one time only at the centrum formal night for photos. No senior members of the staff showed up at the Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle event on the second night. For our "inconvenience" we were given a $25 per person on board credit. We have traveled on the Majesty of the Seas three times prior and always had a great time. We thought we would travel one more time before she leaves Miami nest spring. What a mistake. I blame the ship's captain, senior staff and the corporate office of Royal Caribbean for the mayhem that ensued. You were very lucky not to have a passenger riot.

We will be taking a break from Royal Caribbean for a while. The failure was inexcusable and could have been handled so much better. Besides, it's not like they didn't have the SAME situation 9 weeks earlier.:mad:

We just returned this morning from our trip on board the Majesty of the Seas. The delayed boarding, due to water superchlorination procedures, (found to be the second time in 9 weeks) was an EPIC FAILURE. We were instructed by e-mail, text message AND voice mail the day prior not to report to the port until after 6pm and that the boarding process would take place from 6pm - 8pm. As instructed, we delayed our arrival from the originally scheduled 2:30pm to 6:00pm. When we arrived at 6:00 we found a line of passengers outside the terminal with approximately 200-300 people (who knows how many were inside the terminal). We stood in line outside being asphyxiated by bus and van fumes for a little more than two hours. I saw someone with a bottle of water and asked where they got it. It appears that someone from the port or cruise line placed a couple of tubs with water in it along side of the buses. NO ONE FROM ROYAL CARIBBEAN EVER CAME THROUGH THE LINE TO SPEAK WITH OR OFFER INFORMATION. Finally, the line started moving only to be stopped prior to security check n for another 45 minutes. We finally made it on board about 5 minutes until 9:00pm. At nearly 9:30 the mandatory muster drill took place. It was sometime after 10:15 that the ship actually set sail. The up side of this cruise was that the service staff went out of their way to make things right. The senior staff were OBVIOUSLY unavailable and hid throughout the entire cruise. We saw the captain one time only at the centrum formal night for photos. No senior members of the staff showed up at the Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle event on the second night. For our "inconvenience" we were given a $25 per person on board credit. We have traveled on the Majesty of the Seas three times prior and always had a great time. We thought we would travel one more time before she leaves Miami nest spring. What a mistake. I blame the ship's captain, senior staff and the corporate office of Royal Caribbean for the mayhem that ensued. You were very lucky not to have a passenger riot.

We will be taking a break from Royal Caribbean for a while. The failure was inexcusable and could have been handled so much better. Besides, it's not like they didn't have the SAME situation 9 weeks earlier.:mad:

It's a shame that the corporate offices are so far away from your departure port. ;)

I'm sure if it was close by they would have handled it better