Delayed Majesty Boarding

SMN73

I just got the following text...

S: Important Notice - Majesty of the Seas, Nov 6, 2015

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on Friday, November 6, onboard Majesty of the Seas. The ship needs to conduct important maintenance on its water system tomorrow that will delay your boarding. Boarding for your cruise will take place between 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Because the cruise terminal at the Port of Miami is very limited in space, we ask that you NOT arrive at the port for boarding before 6:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. To confirm: reply with YES and send.

I'm cruising solo. What am I to do for 7 hours after checkout? I've gotten the call a few days ago about boarding times due to deck number, but this is way different.

Thoughts?

Yep, just received the same message. This is pretty frustrating since it looks like the same issue happened back in August also. I'm hoping we get some kind of compensation since we will most likely miss our first dinner and anything else that first day.

Sorry to hear this...can't believe it's happening again after just fixing it 2 mths ago..

I am boarding Monday morning...or supposed to be anyways...

I will be watching this thread and hoping they get it fixed sooner than later...really tough when it's only a 3 day cruise that has a delay...:(

Yep, just received the same message. This is pretty frustrating since it looks like the same issue happened back in August also. I'm hoping we get some kind of compensation since we will most likely miss our first dinner and anything else that first day.

I heard $75 OBC. Not sure if that is per cabin or per person...

that doesn't cover the cost of lunch and dinner for two people that you will now have to pay out of pocket if its $75 per room and not per person...not to mention perhaps extra cost of transportation etc depending on what time kicked out of hotel in the am.

I know its beyond RCI's control to a point, but on a 3 day cruise, you have almost lost the first whole day now AND incurred extra out of pocket expenses as a result....sorry to hear!!

Better not be any issues this weekend as I board Monday morning!

I'm able to check out a little bit later. They are going to stow my luggage and lock up my valuables. Since we are on the beach they are letting me use their chairs and towels for the day. I'm going to separate my luggage. The hotel is going to give me some toiletries as let me freshen up and change in their restroom before heading to port. It's not ideal, but the hotel is being great.

There is a group on our roll call coming straight from Allure. What I'm hearing is RC is going to take their luggage and then shuttle them downtown for the day. I'm hearing reports of $75 OBC. That will cover lunch and dinner but not missing 1/3 of the cruise. It's annoying but what can you do? I feel for large groups or those with kids.

Edited by SMN73

that doesn't cover the cost of lunch and dinner for two people that you will now have to pay out of pocket if its $75 per room and not per person...not to mention perhaps extra cost of transportation etc depending on what time kicked out of hotel in the am.

I know its beyond RCI's control to a point, but on a 3 day cruise, you have almost lost the first whole day now AND incurred extra out of pocket expenses as a result....sorry to hear!!

Better not be any issues this weekend as I board Monday morning!

Let's just cancel the whole cruise and fix it right. ;)

Deal!!...

I would be a happy camper but....lol.

I am sure with the boat being in port for almost 10 hours they will be able to fix it right I hope!

Probably not ;) isn't third time the charm, three strikes your out, bad things come in threes, etc.....

Well they had a oil leak in April that actually ended up cancelling a whole cruise....I was glad at that time that I booked Enchantment and not Majesty....so I just avoided that mess.....

Any new updates from RCI about the situation...as normally boarding would be starting shortly for the weekend cruise....

Deal!!...

I would be a happy camper but....lol.

I am sure with the boat being in port for almost 10 hours they will be able to fix it right I hope!

My take on this is probably not what those booked on Majesty want to hear. I don't believe they "haven't fixed it right", I think they are replacing sections of the main water pipes that have been patched in the past. What they may be doing is pre-fabricating some sections, and then on turn around day, they are installing them. Then it takes a few weeks to measure up and fabricate some new sections, and then they are installing those. They are doing just enough that they can get it done in a day, what with all the other challenges that turn day provides. How long this process could take depends on how much piping they need to renew. On the NCL Pride of Aloha, we had to take whole decks of cabins out of service at a time to renew virtually every foot of water piping, not only in guest areas but crew areas, galleys, everywhere.

I think that RCI feels that this few hours of inconvenience for the guests at embarkation outweighs the problems that could be caused if the repairs are left until the next shipyard and something goes pop in the meantime. That could mean a whole ship without water, and/or flooded cabins, etc.

Just think of how often your city has the streets dug up to renew piping, so infrastructure repairs are needed everywhere.

Hmm..if that's the case, then for the next few cruises or longer, they could all be delayed as they they try to replace sections while in port on turn around days.

Never thought about that....not so happy at that prospect. Guess I will find out in the next 48 hrs..

Glad to hear someone got the message. Despite providing my cell, spouse cell, and an email for each of us we did not find out until after we received our seapass from checking in at the dock. Had anyone bothered to put sign up we could have spent more time with friends. Instead by the time we waited in line and finally checked in then we're told they we well on their way home. Royal really dropped the ball. A sign at curbside is evidently too complicated I guess.

Edited by TravelinGert

Glad to hear someone got the message. Despite providing my cell, spouse cell, and an email for each of us we did not find out until after we received our seapass from checking in at the dock. Had anyone bothered to put sign up we could have spent more time with friends. Instead by the time we waited in line and finally checked in then we're told they we well on their way home. Royal really dropped the ball. A sign at curbside is evidently too complicated I guess.

unfortunately this is part of RCCL IT problem where so many people dont receive communications from them. I feel bad for you. Sorry

Especially seeing as they said in the message that there is not much room there at the port so please don't show up early.

A simple sign outside would prevent a lot if line ups and issues and frustrations......

I'll be watching these boards closely this weekend regarding my Monday cruise.

We received a phone call this morning after we disembarked Allure of The Seas indicating they needed to do maintenance. When we arrived at the pier we were given a memo indicating we would be receiving $25 OBC per person, and an explanation. Our luggage was taken by the porters, we bypassed the security scanners, checked in, very quickly, and put on a bus to go to Bayside to go shopping for the day, and we are to return to the bus at 5pm to return to the pier. We were told we could walk right on upon return, making sure to have our Seapass card.