Maybe changes in Pinnacle Grill dinner menu

Krazy Kruizers

We have thought the Pinnacle Menu was old and worn years ago. So now, perhaps HAL will finally update it and add some decent items. But beware folks, because one might also surmise that they will raise the price of dinner to $40+.

Hank

Sail, just having some fun with you. :)

As always, people enjoy different things for different reasons. And it is all good.

I, for one, cannot understand the fascination with knowing what the menu in the MDR might be when we cruise next February. I will sit down, ponder the menu and find something I want to eat - and enjoy.

Edited by Boytjie

That's pretty much how it was in my house, as well, though DH was great with the barbeque. I won't touch that thing!!! :eek: :D

OK I can grill, and do so often no matter the weather. I prefer when it's snowing actually. :)

Bring back the Steak Diane medallions! :)

And while they are at it, I wish they'd bring back the Northwest Clam Chowder and/or French Onion Soup.. :)

Sail, just having some fun with you. :)

As always, people enjoy different things for different reasons. And it is all good.

I, for one, cannot understand the fascination with knowing what the menu in the MDR might be when we cruise next February. I will sit down, ponder the menu and find something I want to eat - and enjoy.

I know. I'm having a bit of fun, as well. :D

Edited by sail7seas

We have thought the Pinnacle Menu was old and worn years ago. So now, perhaps HAL will finally update it and add some decent items. But beware folks, because one might also surmise that they will raise the price of dinner to $40+.

Hank

Prebooking the Pinnacle on my April 18 Oosterdam cruise is $49 not $40

Prebooking the Pinnacle on my April 18 Oosterdam cruise is $49 not $40

What an odd amount. I'm 'assuming' reservation for two at $24.50 each? That's a ridiculous amount. Why not just make it $25.00?

But I enjoy not having to buy a big bag of frozen shrimp, defrosting it and plating it when I can just sit back an order it when I am on a ship! :D

My DH doesn't care for it so it's a lot of shrimp to eat on my own at home. ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth except that, in my case, my husband is allergic to shrimp. Any food that I love is a little treasure when I don't have to prepare it myself. It's one of life's simple pleasures.

As if I would go to the Pinnacle Grill and order what I don't like just so I don't get too excited over something I could prepare at home. :rolleyes:

And while they are at it, I wish they'd bring back the Northwest Clam Chowder and/or French Onion Soup.. :)

Sail, I'm with the French onion soup! Going to Hawaii/Tahiti a couple of years ago I loved the French onion soup for 30 days. The cheese coated the top and made a mess as you tried to get it wrapped around your spoon. Yum! Now on our last cruise there sitting in the center of what looked like mush was a dollop of what looked like American cheese. Yuck!

Got it once, that was enough!

I wish they would bring back their signature bread pudding with lemon sauce. Last cruise they had bread pudding with some kind of dried fruit (think fruit cake) and no sauce. Another day they had chocolate bread pudding. Really, I just want bread pudding!

PG - (on our last cruise) other than the dinner that does the wine paring was just so so. We only went once. That was enough. The wine paring dinner was excellent. Of course during the dessert course I did mistake my wine glass for my dessert, but I wasn't driving so I didn't care!

Can someone remind me how big a 36oz steak is? Or perhaps they do have the metric equivalent on the menus for everyone who is not American? What is the size of a standard steak in ounces?

that 36 ounce steak is a big one - just over a kg! (kilogram)

Sizes of steaks vary usually anywhere from 6 ounces to 16 ounces depending upon what type you are ordering.

Sorry, I don't recall seeing the metric equivalent on the menus, but my memory could be short.

I just do the math. 1 kilo is about 2.2 lbs. (pounds) (16 ounces in a lb)

hope this helps a bit :)

Edited by kazu

Can someone remind me how big a 36oz steak is? Or perhaps they do have the metric equivalent on the menus for everyone who is not American? What is the size of a standard steak in ounces?

For comparison, this is the ribeye from last night. They ran out of bone in so I'm not sure the actual weight, but it is around 16 ounces most likely.

dbe573e2d06dbaeacf6b85593d5e84cd.jpg

You look like you are really about to thoroughly enjoy! You know what the best thing about this is? (perhaps women would understand this more, but my DH would agree...) - someone else made it for you:D That, to me, is the priceless part of being on a cruise and being catered to in ever aspect.:)

Magic, that's what it is all about!

Sail, if it makes you feel better, today DH and I were food shopping and he was in the mood for steak, so we splurged - on what a friend would call - a "righteous" steak and we are having it for dinner. Should be as good as a Pinnacle Grill steak, I am sure. :D

Edited by Boytjie

Sail, if it makes you feel better, today DH and I were food shopping and he was in the mood for steak, so we splurged - on what a friend would call - a "righteous" steak and we are having it for dinner. Should be as good as a Pinnacle Grill steak, I am sure. :D

Ahh, Peter. I'm so happy you got a fab steak to enjoy.

I just got home from dinner with a friend and we both had wonderful steaks, asparagus, roasted sweet potatoes and beet salad first. Was outstanding. Hope yours is great, too. :)

Edited by sail7seas

We are boarding on the Eurodam 11-22 - want to celebrate our Anniversary in the PG on the 28th - being it is the last evening of our first week I am thinking the PG won't be that busy as the majority of passenger's will be disembarking the next morning. They will be packing.

We get to STAY for another 8 night cruise YEAH!

Sorry long way to get to my actual question.

We have a very nice amount of OBC this cruise. Really want to use it towards PG dining and extra indulgences that we normally wouldn't.

If I make a reservation now to be sure we can get in on the 28th for our anniversary. Will I have to pre pay on credit card? Or, will it be charged to our onboard account? And, will we still get our Mariner Discount IF I make the reservations prior to boarding? And, as a last resort if I need to wait till onboard am I correct in my thinking that the PG isn't that busy on the last night. BTW we like to dine between 8 and 9 most evening's - thinking that most people like to dine earlier. Of course, My thinking is often wrong :rolleyes:

For the other evening's and lunches in PG I don't mind taking my chances and waiting - as IF we aren't able to get in then I'll get a massage or something in the Spa.

Edited by hugger